Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

You showed more restraint than I think I could possibly muster if I were taking my wife to see an oncologist. I sure hope she is OK.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  2. MrG

MrG Senior member

Globe's correct - I am one of the reports in question, and the whole situation is illustrative of one of the many reasons you guys see me posting so much about looking for a new job. Some of the stuff that happens around here is asinine. Also, I agree that "report" is really the best option for describing what it describes, even if it's not perfect.

Oh, and someone mentioned HR. Don't even get me started on HR. Seriously, fuck them.

Thanks! I hope it's advice I remember when I'm in a position where I have people who report to me. As much as I'm sure it's not easy to say, "you know what, this is on me. You guys did exactly what I asked, and it's my fault for not articulating it properly," it has to be better than making your employees feel like shit and destroying morale.

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I can't wait to be a boss. My boss recently told me that he is going to make me the lead on some projects we are going to be doing so I can put that on my resume as the next step to becoming a boss.

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i have never had a job with a company large enough to have an HR department. i am happy with that.

i really hope you find something soon, meng.

5. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Like a boss.

6. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

True. If I were still 18 when this happened I would have rammed his Assholemobile Mercedes with my monster Pontiac station wagon.

Wife is doing well, thanks. It's just about a year since her last treatment and we're going in for her next follow-up scan in a few weeks. Speaking of which, my shitty insurance coverage is pissing me off - PET scans are fucking expensive and our current plan only covers 80% of the cost. We may hold off on it until January when our new coverage kicks in.

7. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

I admit that I do actually have a huge dislike of (especially American) business jargon, although it stems from a period of my life when I made a lot of money by being a good corporate boy and then ended up getting a very nice golden handshake. That plus my savings from that time have more or less funded my semi-retirement. I should be grateful that the company was taken over by a bunch of Harvard Business School graduates who knew nothing about the business or Australian culture and ended up throwing money at people like myself who could play their game. I was an engineer and not a particularly good one, but I saw the writing on the wall and when they showed up I was all proactive and six sigma and I was "their kinda guy". Whereas many of my colleagues voiced the fact that it was a bunch of crap and so didn't get on. I don't feel good about the person I was at that time and I kind of admire the guys who wouldn't play the game. (the money has helped ease the pain though).

8. patrickBOOTH

Did you get a nice golden shower along with that golden handshake?

9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I hope she is done fine..

Good luck to you both...

10. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Fingers crossed man.

I had X-Rays, CT scans, MRIs, contrast medium MRIs, and a PET scan for back pain a couple of years ago. Turned out to be a herniated disk that was obvious on the first MRI but the doctor who looked at it was a (word to harsh for mixed company) Anyway the total cost was only a few hundred dollars, damn I love the Japanese medical system. (except the part where it sucks ass).

11. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

I only give those. (If you give them to yourself does that count as "getting"?)

12. why

why Senior member

Journey just came on. :cloud:

13. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Don't stop believin', man.

14. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Likes DEAD OR ALIVE but not Journey. I think I hate you!

15. patrickBOOTH

I was pissed because I ran out of cotton swabs. I picked up one of those giant packs of them like 400 something on the way home from work. While looking for something else in another cabinet I saw that I already had a whole pack of 400 something cotton swabs. Now I have over two years worth of cotton swabs, which is nice, but I would have been equally happy only having over one year of cotton swabs.