1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

We have this problem too with a soap dispenser. (They are for washing your hands before you dry them.) The one of the right never works. I mean never. Like you, I always try to get soap from it. I have thought about this a lot actually and I think I have figured it out. Of course, me trying to use the soap dispenser even though I know it won't work is, in itself the definition of insanity let us just focus on the dispenser not working. The custodian will enter the men's room and open all of the soap dispenders and paper towel dispensers and see that they are full and think nothing of it, or they will refill what is needed. If the soap dispenser simply does not work it will always appear to be full and no action is necessary. These people probably mindlessly do their jobs and don't care enough to inform facilities that it is broken. I mean that would mean more work, right?

By the way, I started a thread that this could fit into. Have you read it? It is quite something.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

The last few nights I have woken up in a panic, worried about the details of some complex plan I had to execute in the morning. But there was no such plan. For example, this morning I woke up in a panic about how to drive my friend to North Dakota before work today.

3. patrickBOOTH

The Kinks' "Sunny Afternoon" is a good song, but I heard somebody sing it kareoke one night and it totally ruined it for me.

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

Listen to the correct version as soon as you can. Don't let it be ruined!

5. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

IF I EVER RUN A COMPANY, PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO USE THE "REPLY ALL" FUNCTION WILL GET FIRED OUT OF A GODDAMN CANNON

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

In asia the KTVs have the option where you sing that song and get simultaneously blown by two hookers.

being blown by two hookers while singing it is always the correct version of that song.

7. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Stylish Dinosaur

There is an automatic paper towel dispenser at one public restroom I visit regularly that never dispenses a proper length of paper towel, so I always have to hit it more than once. That is, I used to have to hit it more than once. Thanks to the glory of the internet and a few simple tools I "hacked" the dispenser to now dispense a proper length of towel. I'm quite pleased with myself.

8. patrickBOOTH

This can't be real.

9. Harold falcon

10. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

god damn. Please tell me you used the 22" setting?

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

that would be quite the sight to see.

harvey, your greatness is immeasurable.

12. imatlas

imatlas Distinguished Member

This made me laugh because we also have a soap dispenser that doesn't work, and yet I always try to get soap out of it. It's the middle sink of three, and my love of symmetry always draws me to that sink.

13. Harold falcon

Fuck yes. That towel is as long as two sheets of A4. It's glorious.

14. patrickBOOTH

Your avatar makes so much more sense to me now.

15. b1os

b1os Distinguished Member

Procrastination.
    Anyway, today was rather satisfying. Even though I didn't learn much in quantity, the general willingness and concentration was there. Now that I just have one week left til the first exams, I'm feeling enough pressure to really work.
    Why do I need the pressue if it could be so much easier? Anyway, I'm confident that I'll improve it for the next exams. So for the next 7 days it'll mean learning all morning, all day and all evening. Yay.