1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

At a point when it is too late, let's just put it that way.

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

What if the barista is hot?

3. patrickBOOTH

What if the barista is hot?

4. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Despite what you might reasonably conclude from reading my posts here, I'm perfectly capable of striking up a conversation with an attractive woman on my own initiative. Having her prove that she's an idiot before I've even spoken to her is, on balance, not a plus.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  5. patrickBOOTH

But she shares the interest of coffee with you.

6. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Yes, and if she's intent on having me drink it the way she prefers to make it, rather than making it the way I prefer to drink it, that should tell you something. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

:) thanks, mang!

for all the crap that one could very fairly say about the city, there is a lot of cool stuff and people walking about.

:fu: WORST DAY EVAR!!!!

you get 3 splendas right?

8. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I recently read a restaurant review that referred to their "ice program". Really? That's a thing now?

Meaning the parts that aren't Norwalk (or Bridgeport, or "Noo Britt-enn", or etc)

9. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

That's pretty cool actually, I wish it was an option at the post office, around here they wont even let me receive the neighbors packages. (female)

I have worked as a currier, when I was younger and I had the phone no. to some of the regulars, so called them up at around 8 to hear if they would be home or at work, so I could forward the parcel right away.

Can't imagine why. ;)

I have experienced both sides of that, I used to work at a convenience store, where a guy used to drop buy every day and buy the exact same thing 3 20 packs of the same brand of cigarets and I always had I ready for him, which he loved.

On the other had I used to go the same sandwich shop every day and order the same thing, after a month or so they started saying "chicken and bacon sandwich?, you don't want to try something else".

10. js4design

js4design Senior member

I quit going to a local place for the opposite problem. They didn't do credit or debit for charges less than $5 but you could get an account and prepay $20 bucks which would usually cover the week. I was going in there 5 days a week, at the same time of day, ordering the same thing, and every time for over 2 months this stoned, mop haired idiot would have to ask me "Hey, what's your name again?" and after I told him he'd say "Oh! Right right!" like it had been on the tip of his tongue. It got to be a source of irrational annoyance that I did not want.

11. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

I hate when Starbux staff turns over and I have to actually order in the morning. (I also hate the world until I have my espresso.) It is six shots straight, no milk, no sugar... no ice.

This morning the Euro's invaded and for what ever reason could not actually place an order and move on. Then they couldn't remember what bloody pastry they wanted and shoved everyone in line to the side so they could stand in front of the case and point to each item.

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I don't know how anybody drinks Starbucks espresso much less six of it

1 person likes this.
  13. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

He probably appreciated not having to speak to you, as the batteries in those artificial voice boxes run out really quickly.

1 person likes this.
  14. BrooksLauren77

BrooksLauren77 Senior member

+1, I actually like their drip coffee black. Their espresso takes like a really bitter powder.

15. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i like the blonde roast, thats about it for me, aside from the treat drinks.

16. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I am going up for tenure this year and I need to put together a huge dossier to justify my case. What is annoying the hell out of me right now is that I have to write a narrative of my accomplishments in research. I've published a lot, and so I just want to make a damn list saying "Look at all this shit that I have done." But no, I have to tell a story. I have wasted valuable hours of my time today trying to narrativize my accomplishments--hours I could have spent actually working on more accomplishments.

17. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

Like I am drinking it for the taste.... Just looking for my fix.

Better living through chemistry.

18. BrooksLauren77

BrooksLauren77 Senior member

You can get your fix with a different "chemistry set" [​IMG]

19. arced

arced Senior member

I'm in the same boat. I've been avoiding writing my 'statements,' but i have to get them done. :(

Good luck with yours...

1 person likes this.
  20. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

You should print out your styleforvm posts.

But seriously, good luck to both of you. The world needs more excellent researchers and teachers of ... whatever it is that you guys know stuff about.

2 people like this.