1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

Well duh ! I thank you sir

1 person likes this.
  2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

3. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Maybe the cell phone brain cancer will take care of them!

I've yet to come up with something sufficiently dick-ish and snappy. If you do let us know! :nodding:

4. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

me and gf had a fight last night. still upset

5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I noticed my neighbor's mail box was full and their front porch had a lot of packages. I texted them and asked if they were on vacation and maybe if they wanted me to gather their mail for them. They responded that they were indeed on vacation and if I could gather their stuff into a bag and put it inside their front screen door.

neighbors come home today and I get a text asking where's their stuff. I walk over and everything's missing.

I hate when shit like this happens. You try to be neighborly and it ends up biting you in the ass.

eventually I get a text from the neighbor - it turns out the mail carrier saw the bag full of mail/packages and decided to take it and hold it for safe keeping. which was odd in itself - i'm happy the mail carrier was thoughtful to do that, but still it was a weird thing to do.

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

You have a gf????

4 people like this.
  7. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Why didn't you just keep it at your place and deliver it when they got back? NOT SO SMART NOW, HUH DOCTOR LARRY?

Yeah, your mom.

8. MrG

MrG Senior member

Focusing/concentrating on pretty much anything has become a monumental task this week. I just cannot get myself into a groove. Problem is, I have a big deadline tomorrow, and I will not miss it. I'm going to get done what needs to get done, but having so much trouble focusing is making getting anything accomplished completely miserable.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  9. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

I take two randomize PBTs a month for my Probation Officer per court order for some humorous discrepancy about six months ago.
    Half way through July, after completing my first PBT I received a letter from the PO that I am to take a discretionary urine test at the next available testing time. Little did i know that I was to take the urine test on the following morning, not the next PBT which have yet to be called.
    So I took the urine test along with the second PBT. Now I received a letter to appear in court to explain why I have committed a probation violation.

10. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i think thats what you were trying to say right?

btw, nice gesture on your part. how much, if any, of that would have happened in NYC?

:( good luck, G.

11. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

^ Stitches, pure win.

1 person likes this.
  12. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

GODblessed KITCHEN SPAM

13. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Do you guys have any way to blacklist certain words in new posts? Would think you could easily grab a few for a couple of days that would stop most of those, they all read about the same.

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I don't know about manhattan, but my former neighbors and I had a UPS/FedEx friendly neighbor pact to pick up each other's packages if not at home. It required knowing our UPS delivery guy(s) - a polish guy and a laitno guy but it was a magical brooklyn friendship like no other.

I'm pissed off that I'm starting to really miss my former neighbors, hipsters, east river views, and pretty women. I like it here at the new place... but its not the same.

I'm also pissed that they still black out redsox games even on NESN on my cable. Who the fuck wants to pay money for access to all the regional sports cable networks if they are going to fucking black out all live sports (like baseball)? Thats the whole fucking reason you have a regional sports cable network - to fucking watch the regional sports teams play live sporting events.

15. patrickBOOTH

You're having pB proximity withdrawal. It is going to be hell for you for a while.

16. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Having to alter my morning routine to change the place I stop for coffee, because the staff at the old is so eager to show that they remember me and what I normally order that they cheerfully interrupt me, call out the order it, and start to ring me up before I get a chance to place my order -- except that at least half the time they get it wrong. I then have to correct them, and half the time I get a quasi-argument like, "Really? Your drink isn't an iced absinthe frappucino with two Splendas? I could have sworn . . ."
    #firstworldproblems

17. patrickBOOTH

There was a dark period in my life where I got a bagel every morning at this place. I did this probably a year every week day. It really bothered me that I got the same thing every day and they still asked me what I wanted as if a random customer.

18. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

See, that's my dream. It's not a burden on me to simply order what I want, and they really wouldn't be making my morning any easier even if they correctly remembered what I order. It's not Cheers. I'm looking for a straightforward retail transaction, not acceptance and emotional validation.

19. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

There is a brothel (illegal) here in St. Louis where they always think they know what I want, but they don't. (Hey, sometimes I just want a pretty lady, you know?)

20. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

At what point do you typically discover the error?