1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Senior member

does MikeDT live in Outer Mongolia? I wasn't kidding by the way... I seriously would live in Outer Mongolia. I love it there.

2. chinngiskhaan

could be a stalker... or the government spying on you.

3. chinngiskhaan

nope... i'm from Utah. I live in a Provo, a college town where everyone tries to be hip.

4. chinngiskhaan

yeah... I see them texting and driving down the freeway. They either don't care, or are too stupid to realize that their actions could end up killing someone including themselves. The texting can wait jeez... I have to jump out of people's way in the hallways at school because they aren't paying attention.

5. chinngiskhaan

you wanna hear something funny/terrible? At a hospital here in Utah (or possibly somewhere else, I can't remember) the power went out and all their fancy touchless water faucets stopped functioning and they had no water. [​IMG]

6. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

spent an hour an eight minutes on the phone with verizon to fix my modem. my soul is gone.

7. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

We can all thank the idiots who leave the water running in public rest rooms for the touch less faucet as that is the sole purpose of its existence

8. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

LOL... I refuse to accomodate idiots that do this. If some dumb cunt/asshole is walking like that toward me I will maintain my path and walk right over them. Maybe they'll pull their head out of their ass one of these days.

Some bitch did this Saturday night crossing Wilshire in the middle of the road, through traffic and did not once even look up from the phone. She literally was almost killed three or four times.

9. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

a friend was planning to celebrate his birthday, and he texted me saturday night. was kinda busy so I glanced at it and just saw "you free wednesday" so I said yeah, sure. it was way later that night when my wife told me he was asking me if I was free wednesday LUNCH. lunch?! why in the hell would you ask friends to celebrate in the middle of the week, during lunch?!

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Someone needs to learn, to use the MULTI QUOTE button.

11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Well, it can be a lot cheaper..

12. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

This makes me an idiot in more ways than one, but I'm in Bogota on biz for the first time. I had no idea what the climate is here but assumed "South America, closer to Equator, summertime, it's gonna be hot, probably blazing" and didn't bother to check the net for weather either. Who knew Bogota and Medellin would be in the 60s and 70s with lows in the 40s and 50s? I didn't pack for this.

13. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

1) Can we just go ahead and ban chingiskhan already?

2) So I get home and see that all my bonsai are ok (well they've alternated between too much water from the rain and a little too little from watering but whatever). Except one. Which was my most prized/rarest/expensive/promising one that had a perfect pot and I was legitimately hopeful of entering for a best in show in a few years. Truth be told, I'll never see one like it again and I'm legitimately upset. But, what pisses me off most about it is that I have a friend who practices bonsai, lives in my neighborhood and has offered to take care of my bonsai when I'm gone. I didn't think to ask him to take care of them for the month I was away.. I didn't think to My other "favorite" that was just perfect and again, very rare and expensive, also died earlier this year but that was my fault and not sure what did it in. I know this is pathetic but I'm depressed thinking about my little friend.

This is not the hobby for frequent travelers. Unfortunately.

14. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I was just there! And yeah, I had the same experience but I was just flying through. Also, the worst is the altitude in Bogota. I was there for about 12 hours and toward the end, I was getting legitimately paranoid at how little oxygen I was getting. Walking down the hall left me winded.

15. chinngiskhaan

hows
    this

for
    multi
    quoting?[​IMG]

16. in stitches

17. chinngiskhaan

haha... sorry, I was just showing him that I had learned how to do it. Sorry if I wasted your time (as if you weren't wasting it on this forum already).

18. in stitches

apology accepted. however, that was not technically multi-quoting. that was a single quote and then 3 copy pastes.

1 person likes this.
  19. chinngiskhaan

haha... it was multi quoting... I just quoted the same guy over and over again because I was well... proving a point or whatever you want to call it.

20. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

No being able to multi quote on the mobile app is a drag