1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

I hear you man after two days I really start missing my buds at work too

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

i heard this super loud assed salsa/techno lame music blaring from a car this morning. I look out my window and see its coming from inside a car that has its windows all rolled up.

the driver door opens - and the music leaks out 3X LOUDER- and a young woman comes out... then the back door opens and out comes staggering a little kid (probably not even 5 year old boy).

really? any music that loud can't be good for you, but there's a little kid in the back subjected to that shit? can you even hear other cars or their horns in case of emergency? and then the plain old noise pollution you have to inflict upon everyone in the morning. jeez.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    3 people like this.
  3. otc

otc Senior member

My grandparents sold the cottage on lake michigan that we've been going to my whole life :(

They've been trying to sell it for quite some time (they are well into their 80s and its not easy for them to get out there and do things with the place), but it has kept not happening...I've been hoping that it would just not sell until something else could be done (I can't buy it now, but maybe in a couple of years...or maybe we'd be able to figure something out with my parents/aunt&uncle to keep it in the family). Unfortunately, it looks like the people who were low-balling them finally came up with the amount they wanted and they have accepted the offer.

I guess the financing could still fail to come through, but I think there is a pretty large cash component, so I doubt there will be problems with the loan (not to mention, I would feel weird about wishing my grandparents' deal would fall apart).

Pretty sad though. I've probably been there for at least a week's worth of time (usually more) every year of my life. And now that I live in Chicago, its at max a 2 hour drive making it a perfect place to spend the weekends (which I haven't done often enough in the last couple years...but as I get older, going to the beach house with the GF or a few friends sounds like a better weekend than staying in the city and partying).

4. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Sorry about the bummer of a trip, but you do realize that your conclusion doesn't necessarily follow from your premise here?

5. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

TSA is always nasty for no reason and the agents take advantage of the fact that this is the only context in which they would be able to bully most of the people that they bully. At least in newark.

Flew to austin,tx last year and the agents in Austin were really nice full way through.

1 person likes this.
  6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I've always had good luck with the JFK/Logan/SFO TSA by dressing nice and being extra extra courteous (even when they don't deserve it). Last year I got frisked down by a 400lbs young black kid and sensed it was his hazing because all the other agents were laughing at him (i felt bad because he literally almost passed out bending over patting down my ankles). other than that even the super sassy large women of color TSA agents in JFK have been courteous.

but when I flew back from Peru via Miami - I was warned that TSA treats everybody like shit there, even the officers at immigration. when I accidentally left a small bottle of toothpaste in my carry on a TSA officer went apeshit and started berating and blaming me for holding up the whole line in spanish (because I'm mexi asian my race can be ambiguous to some). He was speaking spanish so fast and angrily I didn't even understand what he was trying to say to me. I didn't really care or get angry though because I wasn't in a hurry.

fuck em, I didn't care or was worried because all they had to do and i ended up doing was tossing the 3oz toothpaste tube in the trash.

when I checked through I noticed that all the TSA officers were pulling the same shit, getting angry at things not really part of their job. The TSA in miami seem to take extra joy and effort in finding things to get angry about.

7. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I meant I'm always travelling or have things to do forever.

Anyway, TSA agents suck everywhere. they have their fiefdoms and are quite happy abusing citizens. I left a while back and I stood off to the side of the podium as they check my boarding pass, maybe three-four inches away.

"SIR, STEP BACK IN FRONT OF THE PODIUM, NOW!"

Like, really? Because I'm not right infront of you you I'm a danger? Or when they get all bitchy because some kid is touching their podium... etc etc etc.

I also forgot, when I went through immigration... weirdest fucking officer ever.

ME: "Hey, how are you."
    Him: "Don't know. Could be on death's door and wouldn't be able to tell you."

It went downhill from there.

8. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

It has to suck dealing with that many people every day. Add in that a lot of travelers are in a hurry and rude themselves and you get rude TSA people. It's the same reason cops almost categorically are/become douches.

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I don't have issues with TSA agents. But I think I mentioned earlier how pathologically efficient I try to be in the security line. Plus, I greet them cheerfully with a smile and then proceed to say completely nothing to them and gtfo.

I think being friendly disarms them temporarily because everybody's so pissy about being there, so they're caught by surprise if I'm friendly - enough time to make my escape

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Last month I had an unpleasant encounter with an agent after arriving in Philadelphia from an international flight. I was running to get in line because of a tight connection when the agent starts to berate me. He then threatened me because of the look I gave him.

11. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

This is my approach, too. The agent who started yelling at me for no reason at all really pissed me off, and my expression revealed it.

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Why don't people just get their smartphone out and start to video this meatheads when they start yelling at people?

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I would, but my phone's already zipped in my carryon so the whole thing can go thru the scanner without me futzing around :teach:

14. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

FTFY

1 person likes this.
  15. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

THIS

I am an expert at getting through TSA lines.

People hate TSA because they are inherently awful

16. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I used to travel for work and would get so irritated with people at the security checkpoint.

This was pretty much me, exactly. Makes all the sense.

17. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'd fuck that girl's chipmuck face so hard.

2 people like this.
  18. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

i have the "remove belt, wallet, cellphone, watch - insert into carryon while removing laptop from carryon while simultaneously walking towards TSA checkpoint" maneuver mastered. Also slip on shoes and button down shirt -to hold passports and boarding passes. Then super cheery happy face with total look of respect for the FUCKFACED TSA officer.

it didn't work in miami though, those white-latino-ed mofos were going to get angry no matter what.

1 person likes this.
  19. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I'd disappoint her 3 times a night.

20. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

So my girlfriend and I agreed that my cleaning chore once a week will be to clean the kitchen. She said since I am cleaning it once per week it will only need a "deep clean" every once in a while. I am having a very hard time determining what constitutes a "deep clean" over regular cleaning of the kitchen. :confused: