• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a general rule, which actually turns out to be quite unhelpful in practice: if I find a person attractive, I assume the person is out of my league. If I find a person unattractive, then I don't want to pursue them anyway. That leaves the number of potential romantic partners available to me at zero. (Unless the other person makes the first move in a way that I cannot fail to miss.)

I dont think you are alone here...I feel the exact same way.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a general rule, which actually turns out to be quite unhelpful in practice: if I find a person attractive, I assume the person is out of my league. If I find a person unattractive, then I don't want to pursue them anyway. That leaves the number of potential romantic partners available to me at zero. (Unless the other person makes the first move in a way that I cannot fail to miss.)

You know sometimes you see a nothing guy with a spectacular partner? Well you could be one of those guys. You don't often get what you don't ask for. Plus you smell nice (in an unconventional way).

I think any girl without a serious physical deformity is out of my league, but it never stopped me from trying. I've learned to take rejection well, usually I believe that girls who have knocked me back are probably lesbifriends.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Truth be told, I have done much better than I have any business doing on the dating market.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Son, where did I say I had steak? Now are we understanding?

that was an assumption on my part. who the eff goes to a steakhouse and does not eat steak, are you watching your weight after a hurtful email you aired at work?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
good luck with the terrible two's (and three's), T! :slayer:

Most people are so stupid. Why go to a new city to have the same food you have where you came from? :confused:

'murkans... a good percentage of american tourists I get to know wouldn't want to eat anything 'exotic' or are afraid that the furrners added some secret ingredient stuff to the food.

Very true. Edited.

too bad you edited that. ****'s funny.

I actually prefer Outback to most chain restaurants.

chilis > outback

Last edited:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Word of advice:

Stay the **** away from Capital One.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Yesterday I explained that I was overworked to my boss and asked for help in handling a class that was given to me on Saturday mornings for 4 hours. Two periods of the class were outsourced to part-time teachers, the last is mine. He agreed to my suggestion to try to find another part time teacher for that class so I would have a more balanced workload as well as not have a 6 day work week. Today, he again was talking to others confirming that I was the teacher for that course and that they didn't need to look for part-time teachers. Confused by this, I again requested a meeting and explained my situation and again he agreed with my suggestion to find a part-time teacher to replace me while I taught the Saturday course in the meantime. No less than 30 minutes later when I get home I receive an email from someone on the senior management team again saying that I would continue teaching the class for the rest of the term. So, what the ****. I emailed him and politely asked what the **** was going on, eagerly waiting for a reply.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was hoping to rest my voice yesterday so that it might come back today. But a very good friend called at around 11 pm and needed to talk about things that were really important. Now my voice can barely produce sounds at all. That means I can't have my usual conversations with Genevieve, which feels weird. At least I don't teach today.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eason - sorry brah. :(

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am doing a very bad job at resting my voice because I can't break the habit of talking to my cat. That sounds like a problem that a stupid person would have, and not one that a minimally competent, intelligent person would have. I hope that isn't evidence for anything.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for some reason, almost all of the people in our company are in the downtown location today. its way over-crowded, and i have had to switch desks like 4 times just to get some peace and quiet.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
The hotel where we had our wedding reception just sent us a notice that they miscalculated the final charge and left off sales tax/service charge. Comes to a thousand dollars. Legally, we are under absolutely no obligation to pay it - the invoice is marked final, says "sales tax/service charge included", we would have no way to reasonably know of their mistake, etc. It's a classic contract law fact pattern. However, ethically, we agreed to pay the charge and if we'd've scrutinized the invoice, we would have caught the mistake (even though we had them confirm the price twice). So while I don't have to pay, I'm going to pay it. Even though it is Marriott Inc. I'd be screwing over, I'd still be screwing someone over. It just sucks. That's a good chunk of change.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That does suck, and I know the feeling, but know this: You've been offered to sell your conscience for $1,000, and you've declined. Good for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads