• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Models" and their "photographers" for their e-zines. They are always marginally OK looking, and the context is typically cliche.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
more rain. :(

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Blue collar" themed bars - yeah lets go spend $5 per 12 oz. PBR can, so we may have that authentic experience.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Having to go on business travel the day after coming home from vacation . It can't be helped, but it still sucks

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I drove all the way to my office tonight (about 35 minutes), but I forgot to bring one of the documents I really need. (I am scheduling my department's classes for the next academic year.) If I didn't write all the information out by hand on legal pads, as if I were seventy years old or something, then I wouldn't have this problem. But alas, I still write all this stuff out by hand on legal pads. That is my way.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take all my notes for class on legal pads as well, but then I type everything.

Are you going to drive back to your place or can you figure it out?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

There is basically one reason why I pay for cable television, and that is to see baseball and football games.

but, aside from watching the rams, cards and in a much lesser degree, the blues, and eating ted drewe's custard- what's there left to do in stl? :hide:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I take all my notes for class on legal pads as well, but then I type everything.
Are you going to drive back to your place or can you figure it out?

It wasn't absolutely necessary that I do that work at the office; it was just one of the things I wanted to do. I'll work on that tomorrow. (I just got home now.)

but, aside from watching the rams, cards and in a much lesser degree, the blues, and eating ted drewe's custard- what's there left to do in stl? :hide:

I can't even eat the Ted Drewe's because of lactose problems. I will tell you what you can do in STL, though: you can go to Saks and have a beautiful Chinese SA call you honey while she tries to sell you Tom Ford fragrances. (I will be informing the tourism board of this STL attraction soon, you can better believe it.)

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****. I cannot find my SS card or birth cert., I need both by Oct 16th or else I cannot ship out for the USAF and I will be totally FUcked. I don't know if I can obtain replacements in time. I am seething. God ******* dammit

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So, the first chill of the season has come wandering south and I miss our dog Trevor. He was a mutt, found him in her folks' neighborhood, no tags, no one wanted him or claimed him, so we took him in. I'm not sure that we were even married yet, I guess the dog was our first joint commitment - then that business at the chapel. 14 years ago, at least.

Trevor didn't age very gracefully - he had a bit of white on his muzzle into his 10th year and had problems getting around. When he tore a ligament in his leg we got him a doggie cart that he hated very very badly, and never used to any degree. Looking back, I don't know what the hell I was thinking, letting the Mrs. talk me into a goddamn doggie cart, but moving on. But the old boy was always anxious to get out and walk the neighborhood, even if I had to carry him on the return trip.

They say that Spring is the time of rebirth, but for us it was fall. Trevor would be so lazy and tired and struggle to walk the yard in the summer heat, but once the cool blast hit he would run again - run out of the house, chasing the squirrels and other dogs and rolling around - and then he would run back inside, skidding on the kitchen tiles and giving the cats hell, smiling the whole time. It was like turning the clock back 10 years, back to his robust youth.

But not this year.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My parents put my cat (the cat that I picked out when I was a child) to sleep on thursday. It was time (she was 18 and not doing well at all) but seeing the photos of her dead body was sad.

The previous cat didn't have major issues (besides simply being old) and she was able to just pass away in her sleep about 10 years ago. It was a shame this cat couldn't go that way too.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
It's a painful truth that their lives are short, while our memories are long.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I feel you T-bone. Raise one tonight for those we've lost.

Lost an employee this weekend. Mid-management, great guy, great employee, early 40s, fit. Just died in his sleep.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I feel you T-bone. Raise one tonight for those we've lost.
Lost an employee this weekend. Mid-management, great guy, great employee, early 40s, fit. Just died in his sleep.

Hear ya mang. Will do. Might visit Drunk Threads (although tomorrow is a track day)

Sorry to hear about your employee. What's chilling is that - change the name and setting - I fit that mold (well, except that Great Employee business!)

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Having dental work done and being forced to chew on one side for a week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads