1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Get some of those sleeping things, you can put over your eyes.
    This. I'm often a blind-leaver-upper. Sometimes I like to look out the window, sometimes the shitty installed lights aren't bright enough for comfortable reading (I can't really sleep on planes), and sometimes I just like getting some comfortable light. That's why there are individual window blinds - so people can do what fits their preference. I'm not really concerned that folks haven't figured out how to use the blindfold things or would prefer to watch Taken 2 or reruns of How I Met Your Mother in complete darkness.

2. otc

otc Senior member

Yeah, if its a mid-day flight then fuck you, I'm not closing my blinds if I want to look out them. You should have slept last night.

I always opt for window seats, and its not because I like staring at a beige piece of plastic.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Agreed.

4. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

This theory fails when it is a 6+ hour west-to-east flight and it is your night for the day ahead. Or if you're on any longhaul non-northbound/southbound route. Or if the announcement at the start of the flight asks you to close your blinds. (Both were applicable.)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Going into a restroom, finding all the urinals occupied, so you use a stall. Coming out of the stall and a new group of people look at you and assume you took a shit :fu:

1 person likes this.
  6. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

So.

1 person likes this.
  7. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

this. scratch your ass as you leave just to further their thoughts.

8. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I haven't needed one until now.

I have been dealing with two new clients, who both are from BRIC countries, so I have to deal with shit usually don't have to and i have answered the same questions upwards of 8 times now, the last 5 I just send the same text.

9. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

The guy in the stall next to me earlier today finished his business and strolled on out of the bathroom without stopping at the sink. :fu: :fu: :fu:

10. edinatlanta

My tie is too long really been throwing me off my game

11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

That is why the Lord taught us the double four in hand knot (makes the tie shorter).

12. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

2 people like this.
  13. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

No longer. Besides, when I lived in Trenton, I shopped at the Wegman's in Lawrenceville.

14. edinatlanta

Hmm should i have a protein shake or a protein bar for dinner? Decisions, decisions...

15. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Hmmm how about real foodz?

2 people like this.
  16. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I am a big fan of Wegman's.

17. L'Incandescent

I used to shop at Wegman's when I lived in Penna. But they ain't got of Wegman's here in the STL.

But that's not what I'm embittered about. It's this instead: I have a very poor spatial sense, which manifests itself in my not being able to figure out which the hell direction I'm supposed to twist the twist tie on my bread to make it so that I can gain access to the bread. I never twist it the right way.

18. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

a little before 8am today, I just parked my car at my workplace when my phone rang. it's my client's brainless twit of a staff member: "good morning, have you received the email I sent?" "I'm not at my desk right now, I'll check it later." "I sent it a couple of days ago, you did not receive my email" "I have not received an email from you. send it again I'll check it later" "but I sent it a couple of days ago, is your email address xxxxxxx@xxxx.com?" "yes but I. did. not. receive. an. e. mail. send it again I'll check it later" "so your email address is xxxxxxx@xxxx.com?" "I am not at my desk. I told you I'll check it later" "I sent it to your email address, xxxx...." "I'm driving right now. go away!"

1 person likes this.
  19. L'Incandescent

I am not taking sides in this dispute, but I'd be a little suspicious about that xxxxxxx@xxxx.com e-mail address too.

5 people like this.
  20. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

We must have a name and shame system in the toilets with an alrm ringing each time a guy doesn't wash his hands..

1 person likes this.