Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

my run tonight...went out there in the brisk low 60 degree temps and my lungs were not uses to it...took me a good 15 mins to get warmed up and get going...plus half of downtown boston streets seem to be being worked on and caused for extra delays at lights.

2. nootje

nootje Senior member

@LawrenceMD,
    All the best, and assume that its not something very serious.. I've seen my mother as a physician deal with her mother getting sick(at a ripe old age, thankfully), its different when you yourself fully understand whats going on..

@acidboy,
    if it needs to be done you'll get her through the mri. Kids are resilient..
    Regarding growing pains, I can vouch for LawrenceMD's story that they can be a bitch. Nothing horrific, but more of a nagging pain. Had them until 17 or so.

As for my own annoyance of the day, i've got a phonecall scheduled for the end of the day with somebody who doesn't understand what he is talking about, but does act like so. To explain, I've started a turnaround company a few months back with two friends, that have a lot of experience in the field. We've been talking to several potential clients, and things are looking good. The phone call I'm having is with a guy who works at the "special credits" department of a large bank. He has a client who would benefit from our services, as would the bank. He now wants us to agree on a fee structure for him personally, without him handing over any basic data beforehand, such as turnover/balance sheet/ debt ratio/personnel. I can understand the need for assurances for him, but without any basic understanding of what he has to offer(and even then the owner of the company still has to be willing to work with us) I just find it ridiculous to talk fees without even a basic picture.

In a normal situation I would have told him to f-off in a polite way. But being a startup we can use all the assignments we can get, so I now have to educate this clown until he realizes that what he is asking is just dumb, and paints a very incompetent picture of him..

3. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Pretty much, yeah.

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Wow, I kind of like that idea. Would be nice if they also had a WARNING: IMMINENT SEX locator for those of us experiencing the occasional dry spell. That way it's not all frisbees and barking dogs and shit.

Well, exchange running for drugs and you pretty well have it.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

@Larry: best of luck and stay strong.

@Acid: hope the MRI isn't too traumatic.

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

+1. Hope all goes well, Acid.

7. death shot

death shot Senior member

Outlook's plethora of calendar bugs.

8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Ftfy

9. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

My wife's company has an annual United Way drive, and the high pressure push they put on it really bugs the shit out of me. The way they push it is done in a very coercive, nearly threatening manner. Example: One-line e-mail from the CEO's personal assistant: "[Bob] would like you to serve on the United Way committee again. Say yes." As a manager, she is expected not only to donate, but also to coerce others into donating, also to donate items for raffles and auctions. Last year she wrote a check and donated several hundred dollars of silent auction goods. Several in her group were reprimanded by higher-ups in the org for not "displaying enough enthusiasm" during a drive where they *paid* to dress down for the day and then didn't "have enough fun" in dressing down. She was called into a 1-hour meeting today with other managers where the CEO stood up and talked about how he's a big donor and how they all should be on the weekly paycheck deduction plan to the tune of $1,000/year. She probably gave a grand last year anyways, if you add it all up.

We're all for charity - my wife is on the board of a non-profit and dedicates tons of time, energy, and money into it. I find all of this to be extremely distasteful and unprofessional. This really bugs the fuck out of me.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I have not eaten since dinner last night and I am now really hungry. If I eat I know I'll feel like shit the rest of the afternoon but if I don't eat I'll be really hungry until dinner and my gut will continue to make growling noises.

11. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

12. redcaimen

redcaimen Bigtime

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

United Way around here is completely corrupt. I would not donate a cent to them.

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

what the hell?

15. gort

gort Senior member

This is ridiculous. Charity is supposed to be voluntary and not forced on anyone.