• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Well that blows. How does the president of a board just bail out on a project? What the **** kind of president is that?

Pretty simple...he makes a promise to me about something...then doesn't do it. You think the CEO gets to fire the chairman of the board? Not how boards work.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Pretty simple...he makes a promise to me about something...then doesn't do it. You think the CEO gets to fire the chairman of the board? Not how boards work.

Clearly. Doesn't this look bad though? Alternatively, can't you get someone in to oversee it, and then pin the blame for the expense on this shitbag?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

im sorry mang, that sounds really rough. :(
im available if you ever want to chat. and i dont mean only sexually.
i too am pleased to have a large family. difficulties? sure. worth it? for sure.

:laugh:

I appreciate it, Stitch.

Truth be told, at this point, it's one of those things that I just accept. It has been this way all my life, and at this point I just view it as a character-building exercise. In a lot of ways, it has made me a better person, and I work hard to make sure I don't allow the cycle to continue for another generation.

Honestly, at this point the hardest part is figuring out where my son (and any other potential children) stands in all of this. As a father, I feel the need to protect him from a lot of what I've been through, but doing so could mean he doesn't ever know major parts of his family. I don't know what the answer is, but I do know it's going to become more and more in the not-too-distant future.

You're not related to Honey Boo Boo, are you G?

In the sense that everyone born in Georgia is almost certainly related somehow, I suppose I am, but, other than that, I don't believe we're kin.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Clearly. Doesn't this look bad though? Alternatively, can't you get someone in to oversee it, and then pin the blame for the expense on this shitbag?

Not how these things work. The only one that can ever look bad here is me. I am the sole employee of the board of directors, i.e. they are my boss in theory. It is not quite that simple in practice, as being on the board is a feather in each director's cap, but the last thing a smart CEO does is let it be known his chairman fucked up.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The cab company my office uses is once again ******* useless.

I called 30 minutes ago and they still haven't called back with a cab. What's the point of having a cab service if it takes them longer to show up than it takes to just get on the train?

5 more minutes and I'm leaving...will probably take me 30 seconds or less to flag a cab on the street and the arduous process of filling out an expense report will take about 5 minutes tomorrow morning.

EDIT: OJFC they just called with a taxi number and said the motherfucker is 10 minutes away. It takes them 35 minutes to find a cab and he's 10 minutes away? I live ******* 10 minutes away---there hasn't been a single cab less than 40 blocks away from here in the last half hour?

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:laugh:
I appreciate it, Stitch.
Truth be told, at this point, it's one of those things that I just accept. It has been this way all my life, and at this point I just view it as a character-building exercise. In a lot of ways, it has made me a better person, and I work hard to make sure I don't allow the cycle to continue for another generation.
Honestly, at this point the hardest part is figuring out where my son (and any other potential children) stands in all of this. As a father, I feel the need to protect him from a lot of what I've been through, but doing so could mean he doesn't ever know major parts of his family. I don't know what the answer is, but I do know it's going to become more and more in the not-too-distant future.

i have complete faith that you will do a fine job raising little G, partly just because you are aware of the issue and are mindful of it. that says a lot right there. good luck, buddy.

also, i am well aware of the bolded part, btw. its a fine line to walk, not an easy task at all. again, i wish you the best.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Had to watch the season finale of Keeping Up with the Kardashians. :brick:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Well evidently, it seems to impair the poor girls' brain functions, particularly vision and judgement

great. wish I was a customer back when I was single. :mad:

So, I'm trying to drop some weight and get into racing shape, but some kind soul just brought in a couple dozen donuts. I don't want to be rude or anything by not taking them, so I ended up eating three. dammit.

hello, *****!

I was supposed to meet the mrs at home for a nooner, and I was stuck at a meeting and she had a PTA thing, so I missed out. damn

oh my! and just like that, you could've posted on the "things that are making you happy" thread

my crown fell off of my tooth. :fu:

superglue it and save money!

++++++++++++++++++

okay, not really pissed off but really feel sad for someone..... well this "someone" very very very dear to me just found out that her dad, who died 26 years ago while he was out of town on a business trip and when she was just 11, had someone that is not his wife when he had a massive heart attack in the hotel room. it seems that everyone knew about this, except for her because she was just 11 at that time, and they just forgot to tell her 'bout this till yesterday. all these years I knew her, she's still affected by her dad's sudden death and could still remember vividly that night it happened, and she's still rattled by phone calls with terrible news because that's how they found out about his death. she even mentioned that that morning her dad died, she saw him and he was even inviting her to go with him on that trip but he suddenly changed his mind.

Last edited:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the Australian Post always so slow?

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
helluva morning. first, the little one was given a cup of cottage cheese for breakfast, and then left alone with it. sure enough, there is cottage cheese all over her arms and face and clothing and all over the floors of the house, in no time at all.

despite how cute she looked all covered in cottage cheese, i was all ready to be upset about that, and then all of a sudden i hear a gasp from the wife at the top of the stairs. i turn around to see the little one tumble backwards down the stairs. she makes a full back flip, hits her head (thankfully only on the carpeted step) and lands on her back. i ******* swear i almost had a heart attack. thank g-d she was fine, and back to her cheery self in minutes, but man that was scary as hell to see.

and then to top it off, the older girl starts crying a minute later that she burned her mouth on her soup.

everyone is now off to school, but that was a challenge.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

helluva morning. first, the little one was given a cup of cottage cheese for breakfast, and then left alone with it. sure enough, there is cottage cheese all over her arms and face and clothing and all over the floors of the house, in no time at all.
despite how cute she looked all covered in cottage cheese, i was all ready to be upset about that, and then all of a sudden i hear a gasp from the wife at the top of the stairs. i turn around to see the little one tumble backwards down the stairs. she makes a full back flip, hits her head (thankfully only on the carpeted step) and lands on her back. i ******* swear i almost had a heart attack. thank g-d she was fine, and back to her cheery self in minutes, but man that was scary as hell to see.
and then to top it off, the older girl starts crying a minute later that she burned her mouth on her soup.
everyone is now off to school, but that was a challenge.

It's a Jewish version of the Cosby show your house..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads