Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

My girlfriend changes her clothes about 100 times before she walks out the door. Imagine what it is like talking career paths with her... :puzzled:

2. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

A friend of mine just broke up with a girl he dated for over a year a few months ago because he missed out on several activities with his friends because it took her hours to get ready to go, she suddenly felt sick and made him stay home or because she was acting bitchy towards some of his friends and/or their girlfriends so he decided to leave early.
    Can't tell you how happy I am he got rid of her...
    EDIT:
    Does your gf at least dress nicely?
    That girl was all over LV, Jimmy Choo and some other fashion designers, she looked like a clown more often than not.
    He told her several times that he would much prefer her in regular clothes because he didn't like her dressed up style.
    Of course she didn't listen and it only meant a lot of argument.
    Once again, I can't believe how he was able to stay with her for such a long time...

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012

3. b1os

b1os Senior member

She did not like you?

4. patrickBOOTH

Girls like that need to be put in their place.

5. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Not really "pissing me off" but we don't have a "things that are scaring the shit out of you"...

A good friend/client of mine called me today to tell me that his wife had a stroke. It looks like she's going to be ok but she's only 38 and in good health. They think she ruptured an artery doing pull ups :cry:

6. patrickBOOTH

She must have very heavy handfulls.

7. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

"doctors said no more heavy lifting. I am really going to miss those handjobs, they were great."

8. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Actually I was one of the rare friends of his that she was fine with.

@pB, total agree, there are only two ways to deal with those kinds of women imo
    1) Be strong and willing enough to make them stop or
    2) Leave them, at least they will feel bad for a short period of time because they are used to getting rid of guys instead of being dumped themselves.

@munchhausen, sorry man, hope she will be alright.
    It's a shame that people who stay in shape are struck by a stroke or get cancer while others drinking, smoking or taking drugs on a daily basis will live to a great age without any health problems at all...

9. patrickBOOTH

I mentioned this I think last week, but there have been a lot of car windows busted out on my block recently. I have been seeing one or two new ones almost daily over the past week. Fucking pisses me off. Makes me want to wait for these fuckers with a bat and knock them the fuck out.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

That's not the worst part. The bad part is that there are SO FEW people willing to do this, so once you've done an event you pretty well have it like luggage and stray cats. Keep fighting the good fight Douglas.

Yep. That's a sobering thought for me these days.

11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I mentioned that I was walking around Ridgewood (a very nice residential part bordering east williamsburg) checking out the Onderdonk House (there's a super duper secret hipster flee market that my wife made me go to). The area was really nice lots of tree lined streets, and nice carriage houses but there was a street where I counted 15 straight cars with smashed passenger side windows. It was still early in the morning around 7am.

I'm pissed about the brooklyn flea (the lame huge hipster flea market that sells used clothes for more than new clothes in soho) being in Wiliamsburg now. It larger and ganglier in its new location and sucks in everyone even manhattan. The old one near clinton/layfayette was entertaining... this one is a huge swapmeat of ironic sadness.

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

this morning I was driving alongside a fairly new Kia SUV and noticed it had crumpled front and rear bumpers. I peered inside and saw that it was some dude reading from a notebook while driving at 70 mph. he wasn't just glancing at it from time to time, he had it up in front of the steering wheel the whole time and was reading it.

people like this are a menace to society and should be taken off the streets - either through revocation of driving privileges or some other way, like perhaps how we deal with rabid dogs, who are a menace to society in a similar way

13. dune

dune Senior member

I'm not saying that Antwerp is a substandard city, it's a pretty cool city when you compare it to the rest of the world.

But it is nothing compared to Ghent.

14. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

A dumbass I used to work with used to read the newspaper while driving to work. He claimed it made him a better driver, since he had to really focus to do both at once instead of spacing out.

:fu:

15. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

PB just call me in for the muscle...I also heard either bottle smashing and or car window smashing last week...it went on for a good 5 mins so i figured it to be car windows. (who has that many bottles) but I didnt see the carnage when I went to work in the morning.

Just got back with going out with a guy I used to work with...he always wants to split the bills because he always gets more expensive things...It isnt a big enough difference to get in an argument about but he tries to quantify it with "oh we got pretty much the same thing" Nah guy you got lobster and I got a burger...maybe the drinks were the same.

Its only a few bucks but i mean....dont say its the same if it isn't.