1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. b1os

b1os Distinguished Member

Ah, okay. So the other side (geographically speaking) of Belgium too (I actually live in Vroenhoven/Riemst, right across the border next to the bridge where WWII started for Belgium).

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012

2. b1os

b1os Distinguished Member

Why do my posts *always* appear on the next page? :(

3. Liam O

Liam O Distinguished Member

Really wanted to see the northern lights. Spent an hour freezing my ass off waiting on the docks for the clouds to disperse. They got thicker.

Plus side, I'm not dead of hypothermia, so my winter coat would appear to be adequate for this country.

4. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

sigh. The wifely unit has started going on and on about eating the Raw Diet and Going Vegan and all that BS. Then she's all about how we have to start living healthier and this diet makes us healthier and so on and so forth, and my first thought is ORLY? I'm wearing a marathon finisher shirt as she's telling me this so I wonder just how much healthier she intends me to get. She, FWIW, has a long long, long way to go so I get this is self talk, but why do I have to fucking hear all this?

Besides, I know that within a week she'll be noshing Mickey D's again.

Oh, and in the Sharing Too Much vein, I am suffering from my wife's PMS.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012

5. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Distinguished Member

i cant see someone being vegan and straining for a marathon...how does one get like 5-6k in calories a day for energy from vegan food? there is only so much good fat one can eat to make up those calories.

6. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

Google Scott Jurek when you get a moment.

7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Distinguished Member

you could eat ice cream. lots of ice cream. :teach:

plus you don't need 6k calories a day for training for a marathon. maybe if you want to gain muscle while training, but that seems like the only way.

think of it this way.... rough estimates of calories burned during a whole marathon for someone slightly under 170lbs.... is a little over 2600 calories....

about the amount of a half gallon of ice cream....

8. OmniscientCause

What works for one person does not work for all but I see your point...I eat very clean myself mostly and when I was into bodybuilding a few years back I ate very very very clean but not vegan, needed meat for obvious reasons. Id need to look into what is allowed more in vegan diets but I wonder if some of those recovery drinks I would assume most endurance athletes drink are allowed.

9. OmniscientCause

Hmm i thought it would be higher then 2.6k. Yea I was concerned mostly with maintaining. My maintenance level is around 3k so lets say ud have to eat 4.5k when training...i guess that isnt terrible.

10. LawrenceMD

my wife had a *hissy fit today when we stopped by a D&D for breakfast (that was a bout a 3min drive away from the house).

I forgot my wallet and informed her while she was ordering (she had her wallet with her), and I go home get it and come back.

She starts lecturing me about forgetting my wallet and "what if we get into an accident/ what if we get pulled over by the police?/ ect" scenarios.

I start laughing because I can see she's starting to actually get angry - the kind of angry where she's already imagined us getting pulled over and I'm being put in handcuffs and led to jail... because I forgot my wallet.

I fuuuuuucking hate how some women (and prissy men) seem to do that.... they'll see a minor mistake... and even if it was rectified and nothing happened... they'll start to imagine the worst case scenarios like it actually did happen and carry that emotional baggage that comes with it.

*of course the real reason for her hissy fit was something else entirely (something having to do with work stress). Thats the other fucking thing I hate about women (and some prissy men)... they transfer they're emotional issues onto the closes people around them and just expect everyone to figure it out. Fortunately I started laughing in the middle of her hissy fit and she called me an asshole, and I asked what she was really mad at.

How fucking hard would it of been just to say that you're pissed about something as a quick heads up. That way we can avoid the whole song and dance spousal argument in the first place.

oh yeah... we've been married for 11 years... this kind of shit will never end.

11. Gibonius

Gibonius Stylish Dinosaur

My wife does both of those things all the time. Blew my mind the first couple years, I literally couldn't follow wtf was going on. Now it's just like...yeah ok, one of these little trips. She's getting better but it's still a brief trip to crazytown.

12. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Distinguished Member

:lol:

:rotflmao:

13. LawrenceMD

at one point during her hissy fit about being arrested for not having a license (I didn't have the heart/strength to argue at this point) I was already chuckling and picked up my cellphone and started to call someone - which ramped up her anger.

she's like "who are you calling?!!!". I answer... "I'm calling 911 to turn myself in for not having a license while driving".... she called me an asshole... and that kind of broke the tension until I asked the obligatory: "so why are you really mad?" and had to listen to her work problems for the next 30min.

it took me about 4 years to finally figure out her blitz patterns.... now I feel like Tom Brady (not today though) when it happens... I see her little defensive linemen sneaking up and showing blitz and have to call a mental audible STAT (to save the rest of the day/week/sometimes month).

14. acidboy

acidboy Stylish Dinosaur

ugh. had a friend whose whole family got bedbug bites all over when they stayed in a "decent" hotel in hong kong. that sucks, z.

how? do you slide in an envelope of talcum powder in their bag?

tell me about it. that car accident more than a week ago, where I hit a pick-up truck from behind because of his erratic driving and the guy came down and was all sorry... well the wife was riding my ass yesterday (now that we're talking) and I told her that how could that be my fault when even the guy, whom I rear ended, was so apologetic and even hugged me for telling him to forget about it so we could go home... and YET SHE TELLS ME THAT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I DON'T DRIVE CAREFULLY. fuck.

so cheers to you and lawrencemd...

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012

15. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Stylish Dinosaur

Style Forum: Making me not want to get married since 2007.

By the way, I hate that it's Monday.