Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. otc

otc Senior member

There is actually a fair amount of tooth left so I don't really know what is going on. The endodontist and dentist who were there at the time decided not to leave room for a post which I sort of thought meant no crown. Today the dentist said she would make room for a post and do the crown thing...

Pretty sure crowns are way better than implants (and cheaper).

2. MrG

MrG Senior member

Yeesh. Sorry to hear that. After my last visit, I'm very sympathetic to people with dental worries.

3. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

things slowed down a bit at work today, so me and a co worker were catching up...and laughing about this and that....then, the new boss comes over and tells me i need to be quiet because he can hear me laughing all the way in his office. (3 doors down) fucking asshole. i hope this guy drowns in the jizz of a thousand cocks....i hope hehas a heart attack on his only daughters wedding day....just before the ceremony...and he ruins her perfect day. .... i hope that event causes a deep seeded resentment for her father for the rest of her life. that nutless fucktard.

**this isnt the only dumbfuckery hes been guilty of. Hes fucked up everything at my job since he came. fired my boss, fired my assistant, doubled my work, changed processes that effected my pay check. so fuck this guy

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

It's not a frathouse, Derek. Act professional.

5. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

When I had a root canal done about 20 years ago I was told that it's better to keep the original tooth, if at all possible. An implant will never be as secure in your jaw as a natural tooth.

About six months ago I managed to crack the root on that tooth and now it has to come out. I have to choose between getting a bridge (which would involve shaving down the teeth on either side and mounting the bridge across the three teeth), and an implant. Given that choice, an implant is a pretty clear preference, but it still makes me sick to my stomach to contemplate it.

6. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Cut and paste to lessen the nausea. :)

Thing is I like France and French people fine, just the language gives me the heebie-jeebies.

7. GGsquared

GGsquared Well-Known Member

IMHO it is the opposite. Implants are more permanent and "cleaner" that root canal/crown. Just make sure there is enough bone for the implant and choose the implant dentist carefully.

8. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Any advice on how to do this? I have appointments with two oral surgeons for an implant consultation but I have no idea how I will discriminate between them.

9. GGsquared

GGsquared Well-Known Member

This is tough :)

10. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

+1. good luck, otc.

YO! FVCK THAT SHIT!! time to smack a bitch.

clearly you have never been to dereks office.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

From his post rate, neither has derek.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

12. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

well, judging by my coworkers, it just may be a frathouse.

i rarely leave it. sitting here now. posting. doing work at the same time. im fantastic at multitasking.

13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ Where the sorority girls at?

14. otc

otc Senior member

My dad had one recently and was glad he switched doctors. He had gotten a recommendation from a dentist friend but I think something happened where they scheduled him with a different doctor (more junior) at the same office. I don't remember if he actually had a preliminary visit with the junior doctor and had a negative impression or not but he argued his way into switching to the doctor he was referred to (and had called for).

In the middle of the procedure the doctor basically called an audible and switched up what they were doing and which titanium bit was going to be placed in his jaw (sounded like it was a more complicated change than "oh hey, give me the next size up from the box"). He thinks the other doctor would have just stuck with the treatment plan instead of pausing in the middle to figure out a better way to do it.

15. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

they must be off today.