1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Went 4-0 in pool play in a tourney, first seed.

Got 6th place. One of the teams we played and crushed 21-11 got first. Two of them were injured.

What!

2. gort

gort Senior member

I am supposed to go see Man of Steel today but am super hung over. What do? I already bought tickets on Fandango.

Also pissed off (more sad) that today is Father's Day and I no longer have my Father since he passed a few years ago. :(

3. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

What's on the agenda for the NYC trip, stitch?

Pissing me off: I have had 3 sinus infections this year.. Totally knocks me out of commission for the better part of the week. I've found an antibiotic that works well to knock it out quickly, but I'd rather not get them all together.

Has anyone had endoscopic sinus surgery or any other procedure done to cure their allergies/chronic sinusitis?

4. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Definitely. I either ignore them or refuse to budge on price, which is basically the same thing. I'll listen to (and ended up taking) reasonable offers, but if you are going to make unreasonable offers, you can pay the full price or GTFO.

5. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I saw a little black spider in my car and I am now afraid to go in it. :(

6. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

You;re too Alpha for that forum..

7. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Moving is friggin' expensive. Just looked at my credit card and did a :fu:.

8. valjester

valjester Active Member

9. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

so I happen to be spending the night in a town that I wasn't planned, as part of a road trip (nothing bad, just we decided to stop here). I have a old friend, who I haven't seen in 10 years, who happens to live here. a guy I used to work with for 3-4 years. VP in a corporation, he actually used to be one rank down below me in a different corporation that we both worked. he's been making really good money for the past few years, but seriously hasn't seen his kids at all, doesn't see or spend time with his wife, works crazy hours, hates his boss, etc.

anyway, I call him to say hello - it turns out he was hit by a car last week while biking. crushed his pelvis, broke his hip, collapsed his lung, got a concussion. he's going to be out of commission for 3-4 months at a minimum.

so I am telling him how sorry I am and so on, and then I say "well, ironically, I guess you'll at least get a vacation out of this, even though you won't enjoy it you probably need a vacation" and he tells me that he quit his job the week before - he was offered either to relocate someplace he doesn't want or a severance package, so he took the package. he was supposed to have a job interview the day of his accident. so, here he is, no job, on cobra, in the hospital, with 3-4 months before he can even start looking for a job. poor bastard

10. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

Normal erictheobscure reaction to an ATM machine that spits out a receipt listing a withdrawal but doesn't actually spit out any cash: walk away, call bank next morning.

Drunk erictheobscure reaction to the same thing: TRY IT TWO MORE TIMES!

Damn you, devilwater. If the security video footage is reviewed in such cases, then someone's gonna have a laugh at my expense.

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Fuck the Heat. If you only want to show up every other game, then you deserve to lose the series. Period

1 person likes this.
  12. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

pilot - had great time. meet up with ebroes. window shopped. picked up a sweet jacket for the winter. had great food and enjoyed a beautiful day in the city.

lolsrs?

1 person likes this.
  13. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

insecurity really brings out the worst in some people.. I have friends and families irl who are like your b.i.l.

++++++

yesterday morning, father's day, I had to cut short my post fathers day trail ride beer drinking because the wife texted me that my mom wanted us to eat at my parent's house since its father's day...
    ...something we never do (hell, we don't even celebrate each other's birthdays at home!) and I suspect is happening now because my mom's sisters are in town and they're staying with her and she has always likes to show people how "normal" and "happy" she tries our largely dysfunctional family is and how she tries to hide the fact that they, my parents, have very poor emotional connection to their children, if there is at all. not only that, not only did my mother inform us late sunday morning but she didn't even bother telling me or my wife directly, she calls up and tells our housekeeper that- oh, and she also tells our housekeeper to cook and bring a specific dish for lunch. so I rush home, my wife is upset and feels disrespected (complicated by some shit storm that happened the past month) and opted to not join us for lunch, I go there half past twelve and my parents and aunts are done eating and kept "asking" if we eat lunch at home so late. happy fucking father's day indeed!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

don't worry bro.. the heat will bounce back and win games 6 then game 8 :laugh:

1 person likes this.
  15. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^sorry about that. nothing like cutting short fun to face family awkwardness/hell.

that reminds me of a story where I visited my parents (whom I never really lived with since my 15th birthday -

I was always living away with my brother in an apt even finishing up high school, then college and medschool). I basically only was home for christmas vacation.

I come home for a vacation after graduating medschool and my parents hold this big party at their beach house, only I'm alone (because my wife was relocating to NYC already) and I have no friends there. Everyone there was some stranger.

in the middle of the boring party a woman comes up to me and says: "wow you're so lucky to have this beach house. you must have had a lot of fun here in college with your friends!"
    I answer honestly: "you know this is only the third time I've ever been in this beach house. I don't even know where the bathroom is or how to get here from our house"

16. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

^ wow! you are so lucky to have a beach house! :satisfied:

2 people like this.
  17. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^they eventually sold it not long after that party. :bored: I kind of actually miss the place now :p

I had to go to a lunch with my wife and her 3 girlfriends on the weekend.

These were mostly mid 20's girls and damn I hate to say it, but these particular millennials basically talked at each other rather than had normal conversations.

I'm pretty sure they are all smarter than me, I could instantly tell they were very smart in a analytical sense - most 20 somethings these days are so smart because they have the advantage such easy access to information, but for me, it feels like being a good communicator is readily becoming a rarer thing amongst that age group.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  18. in stitches

sorry bout that acid. :(

but happy fathers day to you.

1 person likes this.
  19. otc

otc Senior member

I forgot to shave this morning...

it wouldn't be so bad except I didn't bother to shave yesterday either.

20. in stitches

me neither!!! i feel like a new man! wait, i think i have that wrong.