• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

what my friend told me was that in Chinese families the kids are expected to chip in for support of the parents and for things like family dinners, divided up based on how comfortable they each are. in his case, his wife (and him) happen to be much more comfortable than the other siblings, so they are taken advantage of. I don't think the last part is normal, its douchy.

very interesting. thanks.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got back from shopping, where I got a very squeaky shopping cart. That made me feel embarrassed and ashamed a little bit.

Speaking of embarrassing things, it seemed like one of my students defecated today. Not the way you or I would, mind you (I mean into a toilet bowl, or into a litter box if any of you are cats).

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

no. older sister and brother. they are 9 and 8 years older than me. I'm close and great friends with my siblings, its just recently that I've really been blunt/honest with my sister's antics. she's the kind of lame roman catholic that will actually justify her impulsive/bad decision making by praying for hours at wednesday novenas* :fu:
she will say things like: "I know its short notice, but I was praying at St. XXXXX church during the wednesday midnight novena and we should all get together and fly out to mom and dad next week. " as in she'll front the news with her previously praying about it - to justify whatever. I would just let it slide before, but now I call her out on it.

I bet she's also frothing in the mouth with that new repro health bill

i dont mean to be rude, but is this an asian thing? i cant think of ever expecting a more well to do sibling or family member to foot the bill for a family get-together?

azn & 3rd world. and the sort of "guilt" they try to instill in you... parents would "remind" you that y'all came from the same shithole but now that you broke out of that miserable cycle your folks and family members are stuck into, its shameful not to "give back" and share your wealth- mortgage, personal expenditures/obligations, etc... be damned! have to tell you though that some do revel in that situation- going back or paying for **** just to brag that they're money now.

what my friend told me was that in Chinese families the kids are expected to chip in for support of the parents and for things like family dinners, divided up based on how comfortable they each are. in his case, his wife (and him) happen to be much more comfortable than the other siblings, so they are taken advantage of. I don't think the last part is normal, its douchy.

exactly. someone I know has an issue with his father, because- although he loves the guy, the father wasn't really one to show any kind of support back in the day and they never really became close. and now the father's demanding that my friend and his spouse have obligations to him that they think is "wtf are you talking about?" but he thinks is "you should know your 'obligations' to me and I don't have to spell these out to you". my friend's been wanting to ask the dad if he had kids just to make sure someone's around to wipe his ass when he can't do it any longer.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

maybe I am and maybe I am not. ;)

If you had a false defecation, you should just fess up. That's what Genevieve does.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After about four months of emailing me telling me how much she misses me and wants to get back together with me, upon returning to university, my ex-girlfriend decides that she can't give me what I want and doesn't want to get back together after all.

No more redheads for a long time, that's for ******* sure.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Cold blooded ***** right there. :nodding:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you had a false defecation, you should just fess up. That's what Genevieve does.

Wow what an honest cat, Meguchan just says "Aww what da... look what did that dirty cooltrucker Ghost Cat".

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wow what an honest cat, Meguchan just says "Aww what da... look what did that dirty cooltrucker Ghost Cat".

Yup, little Genevieve says "I made of poopah, but of which is in the wrong sector."

Maybe Meguchan needs some basic spiritual training, such as Sunday school, where she would learn that it is wrong to lie. Also she might learn not to use such coarse forms of expression. That seems unbecoming for a cat. (In all her 13 years, Genevieve has never said "cooltrucker.")

Last edited:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

5% more or less. it's doable, just means that I need to really hustle and call in some markers and so on

Gotcha. Glad to hear it's manageable. Good luck!

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yup, little Genevieve says "I made of poopah, but of which is in the wrong sector."
Maybe Meguchan needs some basic spiritual training, such as Sunday school, where she would learn that it is wrong to lie. Also she might learn not to use such coarse forms of expression. That seems unbecoming for a cat. (In all her 13 years, Genevieve has never said "cooltrucker.")

Meguchan watches too much Trailer Park Boys. Also I'm not sure if Ghost Cat is an outright lie, or one of her alter personalities.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Meguchan watches too much Trailer Park Boys. Also I'm not sure if Ghost Cat is an outright lie, or one of her alter personalities.

Irregardless, it's pretty impressive of her to think of that.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

After about four months of emailing me telling me how much she misses me and wants to get back together with me, upon returning to university, my ex-girlfriend decides that she can't give me what I want and doesn't want to get back together after all.
No more redheads for a long time, that's for ******* sure.

so sorry dude. that was a lot of heartache. :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads