1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

I am livid. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do about it.

2. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

This really cute girl who I think is into me is moving to D.C. I just ran into her and she told me about a going-away party being held this Thursday. Conveniently, I will already be at the bar for a work happy hour. Perhaps I will give her a going away gift. :bigstar:

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Aids?

3 people like this.
  4. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

GRID.

I hate when someone sneezes or coughs on a conference call. Of course they are not the one(s) talking. Put yourself on mute bro.

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I actually get really annoyed when anybody sneezes. It is just an annoying sound. I especially hate it when I am talking to somebody and need to pause to allow them to sneeze. So fucking irritating.

6. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

that really sucks. i dont recall you saying you were leaving NYC. where to?

7. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

We'll almost certainly be heading to Atlanta next spring/summer. Wife's family is from there, and neither of us want to spend forever in New York--we'd never raise children here for instance.

8. in stitches

i hear that. i hope that all works out for you both.

9. MrG

MrG Senior member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    I suspect I'll be making some repairs to my Jeep in the very near future. If the problem is what I suspect it is, it's something I think I can do. The issue is that I don't have anywhere do it, given I don't have a house with a garage anymore, and I don't have anyone here who can help me, which is a problem if I get in over my head on the repair. I'm also not thrilled with the idea of throwing away a weekend day to do it, given I just reclaimed my weekends from the move.

On the other hand, it always pisses me off to pay someone to do work I can do on my own.

Oh, and to help diagnose the problem, I'm going to have to crawl under the Jeep after work tonight.

Do you, by any chance, have particularly solid Jeep-repair skills?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I was an LSAT/GMAT master trainer in college... pB is exactly right here. You should almost never be doing long calculations on paper. You need to memorize certain mathematical road marks to speed in-your-head calculations and ultimately make yourself more accurate. Process of elimination (e.g too big/small) is important, ballparking answers and working backwards are also very important techniques. You must become aware of pacing and without fail you must answer every question even if you are guessing at the end. I actually have a few study dox I can dig up and PM if anyone's interested. FWIW as far a credibility goes I scored 760 when I was actually studying and I took it again last year so my score would still be good for 5 more years and I got 730 on about a week and a half of review so... just my contribution.

I am still pissed to be waiting for these assholes on a call back about this job I am supposedly getting... "We will decide quickly... Martha is reviewing candidates and will get back to you very soon". That was almost two weeks ago. wtf?! I can only sit on my ass around the pool for so long without feeling like an actual ass! I'd be making more money now tutoring GMAT! LOL

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

That's a really good score Nickels...did you end up going to b-school, or was that more for your tutoring business?

12. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

have these jotted down as benchmarks, and never fall behind them.

for quant:
    Time left: 60; near question 7-8
    45; 14-15
    30; 21-22
    15; 28-29

for verbal:
    Time left: 60; near question 8-10
    45; 16-18
    30; 24-26
    15; 32-34

13. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I want to make a really crass, too-soon joke on FB but I think it has a very, very high backfire probability.

14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Blue screen of death!! :fu:

15. in stitches

test it here first.

16. StephanieH

StephanieH Member

ugh, this rain is really pissing me off.

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Ugh, the worse.

18. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I went to the dentist today. The nitrous oxide knocked me out of commission for quite a while, so I lost a lot of productivity today. Also, I didn't have any pseudo-profound or funny insights this time. The only idea I remember was that yellow is a happy color.

19. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

My place was absolutely spotless a few weeks ago. I cleaned it when my father was visiting. How did it get this messy this soon?

There is a cat that is yowling for mating in my complex. It's a stray cat. I'm pretty sure it's female. It's been hanging out on my balcony harassing my female cat(who is not a lesbo kitty). I left the balcony door open and it came into my home. I chased it out. It yowls all the time which is extremely annoying. I took a picture of it with my phone and emailed management about it. I hope they catch the little pervert.

20. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

I'm starting to get anxious about when the bandage comes off on Friday. I don't have a great deal of confidence that I'll be able to maintain the good attitude and sense of humor I've had about it up to now once I'm forced to confront reality.