1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Not helpless - just bloated and tired. :D

I would suggest a nap.

2. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Hope you recover soon Munch. :)

3. MyOtherLife

There is a guy I used to work with. Real nice guy too in his 60s. So he updated me on this new job, I called him left a message wishing him well. Never heard back. A few weeks later I called him again, left a message....no reply. After several messages left and no replies, I left one more message for him...something like, 'yeah thanks for nothing you c*cksucker never returns my calls!'
    A month after that he calles me all cheery, 'Hey! how's it going?' he says.
    'Better than you you f*cking worm!', I reply, and hung up.
    Calls me back, saying, 'look, sorry I haven't caled in awhile, did I do something to offend you?'
    I said, 'well I left 5 messages on your answering machine at work and you never called back'
    He says, 'oh...you know I still don't know how to access my messages, there;s porobably a lot of people waiting'
    So I said, 'wait a minute...you've been there 2 months and don't know how to check your messages?'
    'Yeah'
    'Well don't you think you should get on that?'
    So he said he would right away.

Calls me up 2 days later....
    'Hi'
    Ya, hi'
    So I finally learned how to check my messages! I just heard them all, like 50 of them'
    'Oh yeah? congratulations'
    'Yeah thanks, so half a dozen people called me c*cksucker, slime, a$$hhole, jerk, etc on their messages to me'
    'So what does that tell you?'
    'That they love me?'
    'That's right'

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  4. MyOtherLife

Do you lust for your cleaning lady Stitchy?
    Damn...there is a whole thread right there.

5. MyOtherLife

:teach:
    F**kin A+ Bubba!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  6. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

how big was the pizza? inquiring minds and all...

:nodding:

:laugh: far from it.

start the thread tho, by all means.

7. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Man, I am exhausted. But all the big stuff has been moved in.

8. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Could you possibly be the friend I helped move in today!?

9. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Seriously, the first time we moved apartments after we moved to New York, we were poor as dirt. But we hired movers anyways, based on the recommendations of several friends.

It was *the best* money we ever spent. It was worth not being able to go out for a month or two--those guys showed up, had everything wrapped/boxed and packed in the truck and moved into the new place in less than two hours. All the while, I just sat there. Seriously, best money I ever spent.

10. in stitches

congrats. go pass out.

its amazing how efficient good movers are. i was astounded at how well and how fast they had things wrapped and out.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  11. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

My wife's job covered our last move (500+ mile move). They were incredible, rolled in and had all our stuff in wrapped carefully, in boxes and on the truck within five hours. Probably would have taken us days.

Best moment: they were packing up my liquor cabinet. Guy packs the box, labels it "Liquor." Boss comes over, "WTF is wrong with you son, don't label that liquor. It'll never make it! You label that shit "Kitchen Glass"."

2 people like this.
  12. in stitches

hahhahahahahhahahahhaha

13. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Hahahaha, that is an awesome boss.

Yeah, I dont know how these guys do it so fast. We're doing a bit of pre-packing, but basically anything annoying to pack (i.e. anything glass or fragile or that cant just be dumped in a box) Im leaving for the movers to pack. They are like superhuman with that stuff.

14. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

It helps having access to everything you need to properly package stuff. I was recently packaging drinking glasses, and without the proper box with glass-sized sections and cardboard insulation, it took about five times as long as necessary.

15. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

The jet skii was a lie.

16. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

Recap of my day:

11 AM - 2PM : Beach

2 PM - 2 AM: Aloe Vera

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  17. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I have had an unpleasant couple of days. Whenever I'm not happy, I neglect to eat, which of course makes things worse. At my age, I should be able to remember to eat.

18. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Playing phone catch with a client.

19. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

TWSS,

• So, I miss being surrounded by hundreds of hot-ass career wenches.
    • The floor below us is basically empty, no one knows this. That is the bathroom I use. Huge office install going on.
    • I am very behind on shit I need to do for today.
    • Not enough $

20. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

So i had a bag that was supposed to be delivered last week for my trip. Despite a 5.5 hour layover in Delta's two-day old, $1.4 billion terminal, they could deliver one of my suitcase but not the work item (not that big a deal for me).

Anyway, it was a huge shitshow trying to get it sorted out but really wasn't that big a deal, kept me from being bored in a layover going over then I didn't lose any time dealing with them but because it would have gotten to me on the second-to-last day i said to just ship it back to ATL. Well, instead, they ship it halfway around the world to ship it back to Atlanta. No skin off my back but a little odd.

I get to Atlanta late Saturday, they can't find the bag, in the system which they said means it is probably still in transit. Not really a big deal to me, I'll sort it out at work. Well I get a call on Sunday that it is in Atlanta and ready to be delivered on Monday, yay.

Except I get a call from the delivery guy a minute ago who is a huge fucking pain in the ass. It turns out, that Delta hires 60-year old Nigerian women in 20-year-old minivans to deliver luggage that is packed in so tightly her tires almost scrape the body and she has no rear-view mirror. Also, she's unable to lift the bags she has to deliver and is like "you need to come get it from me." I kindly explain to her that there is a parking garage down the street YOU CAN SEE FROM WHERE YOU ARE and she yells at me saying she can't see the street, where do I go... anyway, its a shitstorm and I'm like someone will be down there to get it. I thought better of sending an intern to grab it and i'm glad because... it's the wrong fucking bag.

Anyway, this cop also pulls up with his lights flashing as she's dealing with me and she's like "is that for me?" I was like, No idea. Then I left the bag on top of the wrong one for me out next to her car (lol) and she was like "are you sure that's not yours?" yes, dipshit, I am sure.