• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really missing grandma. Joni Mitchell was right when she said, "you don't know what you got 'til it's gone." My little sister, who just started her sophomore year at college, told my mom she hasn't been sleeping well or eating much due to grandma's passing. I've said this before in this thread but she was our second mom. It was really a boon to have been born with a 41 year old grandmother...those years were so vibrant and fun. Very thankful for that.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

P.S. I know what a report is, just that it is a ****** and de-humanising business euphemism. He/she is a person not a report.

The term "direct report" is usually considered less loaded than terms like "subordinate" or "underling."

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The term "direct report" is usually considered less loaded than terms like "subordinate" or "underling."

How about person who reports to me?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Really missing grandma. Joni Mitchell was right when she said, "you don't know what you got 'til it's gone." My little sister, who just started her sophomore year at college, told my mom she hasn't been sleeping well or eating much due to grandma's passing. I've said this before in this thread but she was our second mom. It was really a boon to have been born with a 41 year old grandmother...those years were so vibrant and fun. Very thankful for that.

conne, i think its good that you talk about these things and address them full on. it will help you get through it. best wishes.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my facebook has turned into a political clusterfuck.

my left leaning friends are being irritatingly passive aggressive, and the right wing friends are borderline trolls at this point. perfect storm.

i'm seriously thinking of just deactivating my facebook page. Its nothing but baby pictures and political trolling at this point anyway.

Last edited:

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks, man.
hate that. no way to track it?

Woah me too. Was thinking of going to the post office to see what's up

Thanks guys, going to the post office wont solve this. The delivery guys have no connection with it, although I could phone the regional distribution centre if all else fails.. Filed a formal complaint with our post agency, they got back to me yesterday with even more questions.
I guess it helped that one of the pieces missing was from the bailiffs office, who weren't to amused about this either.

I'm curious as to how this will pan out, and what happens if this has some legal ramifications.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn subcontractors. My first time using them and I failed to put in some obvious clauses about penalties for late delivery and such and now I'm 3 weeks past a deadline and its costing thousands just waiting for them. Never again.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

my left leaning friends are being irritatingly passive aggressive, and the right wing friends are borderline trolls at this point. perfect storm.
i'm seriously thinking of just deactivating my facebook page. Its nothing but baby pictures and political trolling at this point anyway.

I have been back on for a few months sparingly. I find very little use for it.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Some of my family has been posting stuff on the "obvious right wing trolling" vein, but they're 100% dead serious about it.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doc - isnt that the point of FB?

Nootje - that is odd, kup.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ok, this isn't pissing me off, but maybe somebody has the answer On the iphone what is the difference between clicking outlook on the top or outlook on the bottom to access my email? It seems to mke no difference...

66488B76-3C87-4282-8028-D676828DC166-14744-0000070A8B1700A9.jpg

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why would you let other people affect how you use a program? Grow a pair and hide these people from your status updates.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Why would you let other people affect how you use a program? Grow a pair and hide these people from your status updates.

Well, your facebook news feed pretty much IS other people. If everyone in your friends list is annoying and difficult, that certainly reduces the appeal. Fortunately I've managed to avoid that for the most part.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok, this isn't pissing me off, but maybe somebody has the answer On the iphone what is the difference between clicking outlook on the top or outlook on the bottom to access my email? It seems to mke no difference...

For gmail the bottom one allows me to use all the different boxes. I find that I need the "sent" box quite a lot, as I forget what I email people...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads