• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am so miserable. cant stop coughing, nose running, head throbbing, and body weak. im supposed to go away sunday, and i hope im not still sick then. i am throwing down so many meds i dont even konw what to do at this point.

:(

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Keep safe acid

Feel better stitches

barkingloud78

Reaction score
Anyone see men's gymnastics rings competition last night? The *********** did practically a perfect performance, stuck the landing. Then the Brazilian went last, did well sure, but it wasn't as clean, and he did not stick the landing and they gave him gold. That almost enraged me. It just goes to show you, things always look better in real time, than in memory. Kind of like people saying Kobe Bryant is as or almost as good as Michael Jordan. That's only because we are reverting back to memory with MJ, and Kobe is in real time. Pop in a tape of MJ in his prime and there is literally no comparison.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Acid - thanks for the pics, i had no idea how severe the flooding was. I cant even really fathom what that must be like. Glad youre ok.
--
Congestion and cough woke me up from my slumber. :cloud:

Oy geez Acid - stay safe out there. That's a lot of rain.

Mother **** me. How long will it supposed to keep going for? That first pic reminds me of a hurricane.

The hurricanes I've been through have been nowhere near as devastating. If that kind of rain visited Houston, the city would shut down for weeks. Then again a light frost on the roads also shuts the city down, but that's different.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Acid, stay safe. The pics are alarming.

Stitch, get well, you've got to be in top shape for your trip.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitch, get well, you've got to be in top shape for your trip.

thanks JJ, i know. im really worried now. i cant take off work to relax cuz im about to go away, but i want to rest up. im trying to take it easy. no more desk building.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone see men's gymnastics rings competition last night? The *********** did practically a perfect performance, stuck the landing. Then the Brazilian went last, did well sure, but it wasn't as clean, and he did not stick the landing and they gave him gold. That almost enraged me. It just goes to show you, things always look better in real time, than in memory. Kind of like people saying Kobe Bryant is as or almost as good as Michael Jordan. That's only because we are reverting back to memory with MJ, and Kobe is in real time. Pop in a tape of MJ in his prime and there is literally no comparison.

There's actually a study about that. Going last in gymnastics or figure skating is a significant advantage.

But still, I have to be happy any time the Chinese get screwed out of a medal.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Good ways to wrap up the end of a weird ******* week:
Earlier this week, had a biopsy on a weird mole. Found out a few minutes ago that it turned out to be benign melanoma, so no skin cancer. Yay. But still needs to have additional "minor surgery" to make sure it's all good. Awesome. I do love a good "minor surgery." My arm still hurts from the damn biopsy.

Update on this:
Had surgery today, took about 45 minutes total. Five stitches. Hurts, but not too much worse than the biopsy. I can't really move my arm much yet without it bothering me though.

On the negative side, I haven't missed a softball game all year but missing one now. Our second playoff game too. Alas.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Former tenant troubles.

-After they vacated the unit we went down and found a bunch of damage from neglect that we had not been informed of and therefore could not mitigate
-Got estimates and sent them an email explaining that we were withholding amount of deposit that would most cheaply repair the damage
-Got threatening email in response essentially saying "How dare you! We tolerated all those problems without ever bothering you about them!!"

:facepalm:

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Update on this:
Had surgery today, took about 45 minutes total. Five stitches. Hurts, but not too much worse than the biopsy. I can't really move my arm much yet without it bothering me though.
On the negative side, I haven't missed a softball game all year but missing one now. Our second playoff game too. Alas.

glad it went well, G. hope the good health keeps up. feel better.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Former tenant troubles.
-Got threatening email in response essentially saying "How dare you! We tolerated all those problems without ever bothering you about them!!"
:facepalm:

Ah, the renter's mentality.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Update on this:

good news, and glad you caught a break with the diagnosis. you shouldnt have too many posts on this thread this week, playing with house money and all :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics