1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Great outcome. Kind of made me chuckle because I and one of my sisters have pulled a similar stunt (try disney land and shopping mall). In my case I seem to recall being scared shitless (lost in the mall) while my sister got caught up looking at cool shit and buying candy in Disney land (meanwhile my mom is going crazy looking for her with a bunch of little kids in tow). After an hour or so, we find her milling about with candy and ice cream (she didn't share of course).

2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

thanks for all your kind words, much appreciated. im glad it was only a scare.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

It's kind of a commentary on how fucked up the world is now. My brother and I used to disappear for hours every afternoon without telling anyone what we were doing or where we were going, and the only thing my mom got agitated about was whether we disappeared before homework was done or came home before dark

5 people like this.
  4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

This morning when I left for work, it was cold out. I thought that gave me a good reason to wear one of my heavier weight suits. But then it became 80 degrees Fahrenheit all of a sudden. I wonder what that's all about?

1 person likes this.
  5. otc

otc Senior member

link to post?

At least in the beginning, that was part of the agreement. Groupon had a minimum but not a maximum. The theory being that X number of people needed to buy it before the deal went live. If the restaurant thought they needed at least 100 people to make the volume discount worth it and they only sold 80 groupons, then everybody got their money back and nobody got a coupon. Companies didn't set a max, it was just however many groupon could get sold in 24 hours. It was expected that you could meed the capacity that sold.

Of course they grew to be pretty big and now its unheard of for a deal to not sell enough to go live. You've got millions of people looking at buying dinner at a cute little Mediterranean restaurant with 15 tables. I remember the company that became groupon (either that or a really early imitator) back in 2008 or so...back then it was questionable if deals would actually go live. I think the first one I bought actually got cancelled because not enough people purchased it.

6. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

The sun. It radiates light and energy toward us during the day. This in turn increases the ambient temperature.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I emailed Groupon and they offered to take care of me. So, that was a nice ending at least.

8. in stitches

9. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Piob and idfnl - please don't respond to each other in this thread. Thanks.

2 people like this.
  10. FLMountainMan

This is a thread for people to complain about their problems. Please take discussions of cooking implements elsewhere. Thank you.

11. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Why did you delete the post where things started to go very, very badly for cast iron expert idfnl?

12. FLMountainMan

Because nobody gives a shit and it cluttered up the thread. Matt, you do realize that you are putting forth effort to establish that you are right and SF's Certified Sasquatch Expert is wrong?

Last time, please, let's move along.

4 people like this.
  13. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Good point.

14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Stitch, sorry to hear about the scare, but glad all was well.

15. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

This would bother me. I like to make my own travel arrangements, and generally do not travel with other co-workers.

16. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

From this post alone I can tell that you don't understand the sun and its ways.

1 person likes this.
  17. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

my wife wants another dog. pretty soon she's going to want to start having children.

I actually have wanted kids since the beginning of our marriage. I get bummed out/jealous when I see my friends with kids they had in their early 20s that are almost grown up and out of the house all by their early 40s or even late 30's. I'd like to think that I have a say in it, but its always going to be her call.

18. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

19. in stitches

Thanks, JJ. Me too.

20. b1os

b1os Senior member

Yeah, but nowadays they obviously set a maximum (since there's limited supply and possibly hundreds of thousands of customers). And when Groupon fucks this simple task up on a regular basis, it's just bad. Especially given their huge margins.