• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Huh, so you got herpes rolling around on matts in tights groping other men? K
laugh.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
Neighbor's barking dogs. He works nights, so they bark all night long while he's gone. Not every night, but often enough. Should I deal with him or go straight to the City with complaints?
Him, first; then if needed, city.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My company that I recently started working for is reneging on the compensation deal we agreed to when I was hired. Basically I was hired with a salary and a draw (recoverable against future comissions). The draw began after 90 days and was to be paid in 9 equal instalments. Today they have told me they are going to discontinue paying me the draw and I will only receive comissions when I close a deal. My next payment was to be on Friday and they are telling me today I will not receive it. I am mostly pissed because I don't have a choice but to accept it. The salary they pay me is much more than un-employment, which would be my only other option.

This has been a pretty ****** 18 months of work/out of work experiences.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Well that sucks... How do employers figure they can get away with crap like this? Your's is not the first story like this I've heard lately. Feel badly for you, man. Close. Close.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
^Well that sucks...
How do employers figure they can get away with crap like this? Your's is not the first story like this I've heard lately. Feel badly for you, man.

Close.
Close.

They figure they can get away with it because my only other option is to be let go. The job market is not too stellar right now (after my last couple of experiences I am a pessimist and I never stopped looking for another job, so far nothing has come up in 6 months) so I am kind of forced to deal with it.

What sucks is this all came up after we recently lost a deal. They had given me the deal to manage, based on the fact that I had previously worked for the president of the division we were selling to. After learning the details of the solution we provide, I told my management I thought we were missing a few steps in the process that we should consider adding. They assured me that none of our current customers have ever asked for it and it "technically" wasn't what we were selling. Although, they did agree it would be very easy to add on. The sales cycle has been going on for over 18 months when I become involved in the account. In a nutshell after things have been going great, I learn that unless our solution can do the process I had suggested they add, that they aren't interested any more and that they can't believe that we had been selling them this solution if it doesn't have this feature. Somehow, in 18 months no one realized how important this tiny feature was to them. That deal would have covered my entire draw for the 9 months.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am really sorry to hear that. That sucks

Originally Posted by topcatny
My company that I recently started working for is reneging on the compensation deal we agreed to when I was hired. Basically I was hired with a salary and a draw (recoverable against future comissions). The draw began after 90 days and was to be paid in 9 equal instalments. Today they have told me they are going to discontinue paying me the draw and I will only receive comissions when I close a deal. My next payment was to be on Friday and they are telling me today I will not receive it. I am mostly pissed because I don't have a choice but to accept it. The salary they pay me is much more than un-employment, which would be my only other option.

This has been a pretty ****** 18 months of work/out of work experiences.

adamsnez

Reaction score
all my friends are boring. even my best friend is finding other stuff to do; namely "dont want to go out". my weekend nights are either
a) playing guitar
b) going out with one person, but staying at their house
i dont have anyone to go dancing with anymore, my friends dont do anything fun.
i need to find [not replace] a more active social circle

TheGreek

Reaction score
Bad drivers from New Jersey

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's below freezing today and there are still people wearing flip flops on campus.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamsnez
all my friends are boring. even my best friend is finding other stuff to do; namely "dont want to go out". my weekend nights are either
a) playing guitar
b) going out with one person, but staying at their house
i dont have anyone to go dancing with anymore, my friends dont do anything fun.
i need to find [not replace] a more active social circle

i know how you feel. though i usually always find something to do, some of my friends arent into partying etc. it kind of sucks because i tell them theyre young now and now is the time to party! you just got to get out and find people who like doing what you do.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I have a (rare) headache and my eyes are watering constantly. I hope it's not a cold of some sort setting in.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I have a (rare) headache and my eyes are watering constantly. I hope it's not a cold of some sort setting in.

This is me everyday. My allergies are the great sadness of my life. Take some pills Mr. Sayjak.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
This is me everyday. My allergies are the great sadness of my life. Take some pills Mr. Sayjak.

I'll pop a couple of benadryl before bed, so I'll sleep well
smile.gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I'll pop a couple of benadryl before bed, so I'll sleep well
smile.gif

I had a bad allergy reaction once and the doctor injected benadryl into my hip. It made me instantly sleepy. For some reason, it also made my hip quite sore.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Life plans going down the drain every 4 years.

- Did ROTC in college trying to go into the Marine Corps. It turns out they wouldn't take me with a history of asthma would have been nice to know 4 years ago.

- Starting grad school in finance so I could try and get a job for an investment banking firm. One month later the market and possibly the modern financial system go down the toilet. I'm stuck in a ****** job that I got temporarily so I can pay my bills for the first semester of grad school. **** me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics