1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I just got new glasses and I swear to god that they're worse than the old ones. Unless I look out of the VERY top of the lenses, everything is a bit blurry.

I hate opticians. Now I have to go back and probably buy new ones.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. whodini

whodini Senior member

I just got new glasses and I swear to god that they're worse than the old ones. Unless I look out of the VERY top of the lenses, everything is a bit blurry. I hate opticians. Now I have to go back and probably buy new ones.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Whatever, four eyes.

3. bkrstic

bkrstic Senior member

Details.

Well -

a) Calling Serbia (family) nowadays requires two phone calls: The first to establish a connection, then a second to actually hear the other side of the line.

b) Of all my friends, only MY cell phone is buggy when they call it (my voice becomes all garbled the first time they call, they have to call it twice).

c) When people call our house, occasionally they get rerouted to a recording of a woman's voice saying "Hello, hello" repeatedly.

d) Also, the call quality from our house line is TERRIBLE.

e) We get one-ring calls every few hours or so.

Go figure.

And right now, the subject of my thread is pissing me off. Enormously.

4. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Idiot Greenpeace-like protestors at Heathrow fucking up the traffic going into the airport. I really do wonder how many of those tools flew to the protest.

JB

5. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Idiot Greenpeace-like protestors at Heathrow fucking up the traffic going into the airport. I really do wonder how many of those tools flew to the protest.

JB

Nah, probably drove down in their SUV's.

6. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

It's possible. I was astonished at the number of vans and other vehicles they had setting up for their protest on BBC.

JB

7. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

People have got to have something to complain about. Otherwise, their existence is invalidated.

Oops, wrong thread.

8. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

T-mobile. I connect to anyone but my wife. Alot of cross calls mid conversation. Always Chinese or Indian for some strange reason. House Prices. So Cal sucks nob!. A move back East could be imminent. I could get a 2 bedroom on the Upper West Side for the price of an ant infested shack in Echo Park. LAPD Cops. Stop handing out traffic citations at light speed in the good neighborhoods and get some gang members off the streets, officer douche!.

9. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

The abundance of "czar." Ever since Bush named his "war czar" the media has gone crazy. I can't go a single fucking day without hearing about the new upstate economics czar or the crime czar or the czar of cottage cheese.

10. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Edit: It's the polar opposite to waking up with a blow-job.

Giving or receiving?

11. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

The 2 guys standing outside the McGraw-Hill building this morning.

One had a sign that said something about Imus and his catch phrase I really didn't get.
    The other had one that said "Get Stern Out" and was ranting about Howard Stern being a sexist and we must get sexism out of the media.

12. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

13. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Appears to be some kind of nifty alien coding. Maybe that stuff we sent to Mars is finally coming back to us.

JB

14. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

That I can't afford to take my wife to NYC for our first anniversary and stay in a swank hotel for less than ~$350/night. Anyone have miles they want to give me so we can have a nice trip? Sheesh. That money won't even get you a posh hotel, just a mediocre one.

b

15. VMan

VMan Senior member

Was driving home on the freeway tonight, through downtown. Freeway is a high-rise, about 10-15 stories high. I am in the exit lane, a semi truck is in front of me. He slams on the brakes and decides he doesn't want to get off there, and moves over. I go around him. Semi truck realizes he was in the right lane after all, and swerves back in (with me right next to him). I swerve to avoid getting side-swiped and hit some traffic barrels in the emergency shoulder of the ramp, nearly go over the edge.

16. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

I haven't been able to sleep lately, and I've been having really bad nightmares. I chopped a talking raccoons head off last week.

17. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

That I can't afford to take my wife to NYC for our first anniversary and stay in a swank hotel for less than ~$350/night. Anyone have miles they want to give me so we can have a nice trip? Sheesh. That money won't even get you a posh hotel, just a mediocre one.

b

Would United do

18. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

I noticed an odd shudder in my car a few days ago, so I took it to the mechanic. $600 later, it was back on the road and... The shudder is worse? I'm going to take it back in today once the shop opens. This significantly cuts into the already skimpy padding I had attempted to obtain in order to facilitate moving out of my current apartment, which needs to be done by 9/1. It's all really very humiliating, and sharing the fun online is probably ill-advised, but here we are.

Hopefully at some point today I'll be able to sell my bed, since I currently value $200 over "not sleeping on the floor."

19. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Would United do

That's very nice of you, but you don't have to do that. I'm just bitching.

There's also a problem of vacation time which my wife really doesn't have much of. Somehow in my 8 months here I've accumulated nearly twice what she has. That's thanks to a rate twice as high and two "time off awards" of 16 hours each.

We're in the process of finding a CC to use for all of our expenses that will earn us "points" or something.

b

20. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

What the hell is this stuff? [​IMG]

That is horny Japanese businessmen on a "business trip" to Thailand with their "GFEs" (Girl Friend Experiences, or "girlfriends of the day or week"). As we all know, the girls are all mere prostitutes paid for their services and the Japanese "salarymen" (at least the married ones) superimpose those cartoon faces over their own in case their wives or children or parents or someone they know happen to stumble across those sites, and dozens other like them. It pisses me off that this is such an engrained aspect of many Asian cultures that many Japanese wives will even pack condoms in their husbands' suitcases before they leave for "business trips" to Southeast Asia. Sure, they'll do a little business perhaps, play a little golf, eat some good food... but do they really need to brag about their abilities to rent dirty women? I know... I shouldn't get upset because I'm imposing my own morals on other cultures which don't share them, but still.... the objectification of women (prostitutes or not) by cartoon characters really pisses me off!

[​IMG]