• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
What are you, some kind of Death Eater?

EDIT: Even Matt, the Life-cereal Mikey of the fora, likes the Potter.

OK, I don't like that I am done with the last book and have no more coming in the future. Also, I am still recovering from that damn pop-rocks incident. Happy?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The idiot at Dulles yesterday who insisted that the capital of my own country was New York.

Girls who do not understand who I am and otherwise want me to bend over ass-backwards to change for them, therefore resulting in a fight and cut-off of contact. Goddammit.

JB

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
OK, I don't like that I am done with the last book and have no more coming in the future. Also, I am still recovering from that damn pop-rocks incident. Happy?
Don't worry, there will be more. An entire new series will be done on some other aspect of the story (e.g. the new generation at Hogwarts). The industry around Rowling is not going to let her walk away.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by distinctive
People who turn into a turn lane and not out of it, causing me to slam on the brakes thinking they didn't see me
The guy who went through a red light at 70 kmh and rammed my friend Marcus while he was riding his bike. Seven broken ribs, two punctured lungs, lots of blood lost, massive lacerations, a brain scan and several days in ICU. Of course the driver was unhurt. Maybe he "just didn't see him", so that's OK then.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right now I am mad at girls who are potential jailbait who eye me while accompanied by their mothers. This happened multiple times today. Little darlings, I cannot tell if you're 16 and being carted about my mom or 18 and having a bonding experience or something. It's too bad you've got to split them open before you can count the rings, you feel me?

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill
Right now I am mad at girls who are potential jailbait who eye me while accompanied by their mothers. This happened multiple times today. Little darlings, I cannot tell if you're 16 and being carted about my mom or 18 and having a bonding experience or something. It's too bad you've got to split them open before you can count the rings, you feel me?

Jailbait makes the mall worse than it already is. They need to start wearing bright pink wristbands or something so I can tell from a distance, long before I have a chance to gross myself out.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
modems or routers or whatever they're called. I just got a new wireless router that should have been "easy" but it won't connect. I wish a simple "Sigh" would cover my frustration, but it doesn't.

b

flylot74

Reaction score
People who block the entire lane of a moving walkway at airports. It's not a carnival ride, OK?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bob's sig
from Strunk & White's Element of Style, 4th ed. (bold emphasis added):

Form the possessive singular of nouns by adding 's. Follow this rule whatever the final consonant. Exceptions are the possessives of ancient proper names ending in -es and -is, the possessive Jesus', and such forms as for conscience' sake, for righteousness' sake.

Why are there exceptions for Jesus', conscience' and righteousness'? That makes no sense. You want to deprive Jesus of his proper possessive form, go ahead, but I say it's Jesus's to decide.

aunty stella

Reaction score
Came accross this link from a British Military site and noticed that the thread had been closed.

So, I'll quote here as the topic is suitably named

"Claire" said, and I quote

"I have to say that I kind of agree with the residents on this one. It's like the small town in NY where the housing market was booming and then a jail was built and the relatives of the convicts started moving in. The quality of some of these people unfortunately forced the housing market in that particular area to drop which ultimately hurt the town itself, which is a shame, it was a rather nice town.

Anyway, we all hate to admit it but the soldiers don't make much money and most soldiers come from poor families, which means the people that would be pouring into this community would be of a lower class, which means trash, noise, and a general disrespect for the community (they have nothing invested in it) which ultimately leads to a drop in housing prices. I know it sounds heartless and crass but it's a very real reality and these people are protecting their investments, their children, and their community. I don't blame them.

When someone joins up for the military they know what they risk, it's part of the job.

Claire."

This followed a proposal to buy a residential property as a temporary lodging for families of soldiers that had been injured during the Iraq and Afghanistan campaigns (which, let us not forget, were US led campaigns that we supported you on as youre closest allies)

As for her assumption that British soldiers are "trailer trash", she needs to understand 2 things.

1. We do not have the same sort of "trailer parks" in the UK as you do in the US. In the UK they are called "caravan parks", usually on the coast and used exclusivley as holiday homes. We do not have permanent "trailer park" residents, therefore we have no "trailer trash community" and the relatives of men that have been crippled or injured during active service would not appreciate being put in "trailers" whilst visiting their injured loved ones.

2. A carreer in the British Military is not seen as a "get out of poverty" option. Our soldiers are very highly paid (on average double the US servicemans salary), see the job as a career and a lifestyle choice and come from many economic and social backgrounds. I personally joined at 18 coming from a working class background (I'm sure Claire would call me "trailer trash"), left at 28, am now 38 and own (not boasting, she just needs to know the wide social background) in excess of (with the current exchange rate) $2.7M dollars of property and a business worth $4.0M. I would be PROUD to have this accomodation next to any of my property and would activley support the visitors within.

Claire needs to realise who's blood and lives it was that gave her the right to complain with her "NIMBY" mindset in the first place. These men (of all nations, but usually British and American) gave their lives, mental health and limbs in order that uneducated (and I don't care about SAT's, degrees or Doctorates, if you have the same opinion as her, you are obviously uneducated in reality, world affairs and world history) fools like her may make their narrow minded diatrabes.

I hope that one day she suffers a disaster that requires your Military or National Guard to rescue her. I wonder if she would have the same mindset about "how much scum we are" after that?

I suggest reading a poem (Google it) called "Tommy Atkins" by Kipling. This was written many, many years ago and should be old history by now, but unfortunatley it seems not to be.

Shame on you Claire, you should relinquish the right to vote as you are not fit to touch the blood (of men of all nations) that those rights were built on.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Why are there exceptions for Jesus', conscience' and righteousness'? That makes no sense. You want to deprive Jesus of his proper possessive form, go ahead, but I say it's Jesus's to decide.

Honestly I have no idea. I'd be fine with sticking the s on them also. I think it's just historical pronounciation with Jesus and the greeks et al. I just hate it when people leave it off modern stuff. Hey look at Chris' new car. Ack! It's Chris's car you jack ass.

b

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wait, I think I get it.... you guys hate Claire.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
Being artistically stunted. I'm working on a micro-ambient song which is just under two minutes in length and it needs something, but I can't figure it out. I've been sitting here mulling over it since last night and I have so much to do today.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Guitars!

Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Cowbell!

********!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads