• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I reserve a profound hatred for the over-inquisitive co-worker. The new guy in the office fits the archetype exactly. Yesterday he came over to my desk and sat down; he didn't leave for thirty minutes. Among the topics he brought up:
1.) "So how was your high school experience?"
2.) "That's a nice box under your desk." It is an empty copy paper box full of paper I need to shred.
3.) Eight different ways of stating, "It's hot out today."
I said almost nothing in response and for most of the conversation my back was turned to him. The guy must have some sort of disorder because NO ONE is this bad at taking a hint. Not sure what to do about this asshole.

Have you seen the movie extract?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My computer did die last night. I am hoping the problem is the power cord, but I fear the worst.

(Phrasing in the first sentence is a little tribute to lasbar.)

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Traveling with a new report. He needs work on his presenting skills, not horrible but not great. Spent time with him yesterday and today discussing it, and he argued with me about every comment, 'well, the reason I did it that way was...' and so on. I don't need this ****. Just do your best to do it my way.

i have someone who's the exact opposite. she constantly asks how she can do better, and zealously tries to act on the feedback and always ends up overdoing it. it's kind of sweet, but sometimes I'm afraid to say anything because I think she'll literally kill herself

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oh, what's pissing me off? a sore throat.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hate it when the ac is so strong it's freezing inside. Makes no sense. I need to bring a sweater in high 90s super humid weather.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i have someone who's the exact opposite. she constantly asks how she can do better, and zealously tries to act on the feedback and always ends up overdoing it. it's kind of sweet, but sometimes I'm afraid to say anything because I think she'll literally kill herself

What is she like visually doe

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

used to do >4 hours of sleep several nights a week during my 20s up till my mid 30s. now I'm 40 and I physically cannot stay out late for 2 straight nights without getting sick or acting like a ******* zombie the next day. this is one thing they never told me about being old.

40 is OLD? **** i must be a fossil then.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hate it when the ac is so strong it's freezing inside. Makes no sense. I need to bring a sweater in high 90s super humid weather.

I'll trade i have the ac full blast set on 62 and it is still 80 in my room...as an aside i can't sleep unless its below 70

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just took my car in on the 6th to replace all the belts. spent almost a grand. today something blew out on the highway and i had to have the car towed back to the shop. looked and felt like belt issues.

there better take care of this on the house.

:fu:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

time for new car snitch

OH HELL NO!

its a 2005 honda accord, V6. i love it. just over 100K miles. drives perfectly. just ask indesertum. :)

properly maintained, i should get 200K easy out of her. i think they must have done something wrong with the belts, and now need to fix whatever was done improperly, and it should be fine. i hope.

Last edited:

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was handling the abnormally aggravated joint pain pretty well all day, and walking up the front porch when I finally got home (five min ago) I almost keeled over because my ******* knee went out.

Awesome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads