1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Fat people often have amusing theories on weight loss.

My mom lost a decent amount of weight over the last few years, and her friends (who are all overweight way more than she ever was) started giving her all kinds of shit about it. My mom is weird and obsessive about food, but she wasn't doing anything physically unhealthy. They just didn't like anybody pointing out that middle aged women can in fact stay thin and healthy. Having a not-fat person in the group threatened them, and so they first tried to sabotage her and then tried to convince themselves that what she was doing wasn't safe. Sad, really.

2 people like this.
  2. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I don't know how many calories pb is consuming on a daily basis but I just cannot see how eating one meal a day can be good for you.

It seems to work for him and if he's healthy, then all the power to him, but for the vast majority of people, one regular meal a day would cause them to lose significant amounts of weight. And not even in a healthy way because they'd gain it all back if they went back to 2-3 meals.

Color me confused.

3. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i usually eat one meal a day, dinner. but i drink stuff and have small snacks like pretzels, throughout the day.

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

There are many parallels in the relations between fat people and former fat people on the one hand and smokers and ex-smokers on the other.

5. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

i couldn't do food once a day solely because I like food too much.

when I do eat, it's usually not much. Unless it's oysters. Then I eat until one level below burst.

6. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Wait, I thought you meant you eat at home once a day. You EAT once a day? WTF.

I know you know that we know that you know that we know you use that fucking microwave once in a while. Dude, just a few mins ago I made my dinner, had to put a log on the wood stove, decided to fuck around with the fire for a moment and then flashed my dinner for 30 seconds so the edges weren't cold. You seem to live this vaporous life where nothing touches you. You have time to iron shirts, buy some apples picked nearby (juggling them on your way home), stop to chat up the neighbor, pet a dog, grab the evening paper, some pipe tobacco. Then you make this organic dinner that just happens to be perfectly portioned so there are no leftovers, then a fine wine, change into your silk robe, read the paper, turn down the bed, blowjob by model GF, peaceful sleep where you dream of laughing at fat people about you 100 pounds. Repeat.

Fuck that shit. I have bills, shit breaks, my car costs a fortune to service, my fucking housekeeper wont stop accidentally shutting off my computer when she vacuums my office, fucking cold callers wont stop dialing my house, I cant get thru a TV program without falling asleep, I keep forgetting my fucking charge cable in my car, every time I empty stove ashes a gust of wind decides to blow ashes in my house, my cats wake me up at night, I hate shaving, my goddam toilet leaves floaters and I cant figure out why, I forgot the combination to my safe, some asshole thinks its funny to leave community newspapers I dont want on my driveway, the trashman keeps undoing the lid on my trashcan, my neighbor seems to always catch sight of me and chats me up for 20 mins (always when I get home from work and have to piss), I cant find a cufflink, my goddam staff, and I farted all day long yesterday and cant figure out why.

You're either a saint or the biggest liar on this forum. What the fuck are you even doing in this thread?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
    7 people like this.
  7. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

holy shit. This post is probably one of my favorite things I've ever read on this forum.

2 people like this.
  8. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

:laugh: idfnl never fails to bring the laffs.

9. in stitches

dont get me wrong, i LOVE food, but during the day at work, i have no access to decent food unless i bring with.

10. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I believe St. Patty's Booth only eats once a day.

I only eat once a day also. Fortunately I supplement my lack of roughage with copious alcohol ingestion.

11. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

ifndl, that is the funniest shit I have read in weeks. Thanks for cheering me up.

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

thanks for the tip on last pass

13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

My roommate is being a little fucking bitch.

He's angry that I keep getting medical treatments and is afraid that I will rack up so much in medical expenses that his insurance company will either drop his coverage or raise his premiums. Apparently the only medical damage that 'counts' to him is the type where you're rushed to an ambulance.

What he doesn't fucking understand and fails to acknowledge is the FACT that in an accident where you're not at fault, your insurance company cannot do ANYTHING to you regarding your policy or premiums. Even if I racked up $10,000,000 in medical damages, they can't do shit.

He thinks that by continuing treatment and by trying to get a settlement, that I'm literally trying to screw HIM over personally because it's going through his insurance company.

I so, so, so, so wish we could both sign waivers so that his company would get the fuck out of the picture and my insurance company could cover me.

The kicker is that he's more worried about the fact that he has to file another claim under his insurance. Well, maybe next time you should stop fucking driving drunk as fuck like clockwork every Thursday and Friday and stop driving into stationary objects.

Stupid fucking idiot.

And a nice big fuck you to the fucking poor ass hood rich uninsured driver who caused all of this. Now I'm behind project work, I have to deal with all this bullshit, and alkfjlKFJAIOSGJALSKDJGLASKJGALKSHJALHAJ.

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

:( see my signature.... :tounge: am I going to have to change my signature now? :sly:

15. in stitches

lol, of course not! i still avoid the old 6 or 7 full meals a day, and i do have lunch a few times a week, so its all still applicable.

16. Mr Martini

Mr Martini Senior member

Last week my truck wouldnt start, had a 3 year warranty but the dealership wouldnt warranty it. had to buy a $130 battery
    Started smoking again, stopped again sunday. Have been on edge so far this week.
    Got in a verbal fight with a family member today, ended up tossing my razr and it shattered. Now i have to buy a new phone and worse of all because verizon got rid of unlimited data i will be losing my grandfathered in data plan.
    took new blazer to one of my tailors he was closed so i dropped it off at my more high end tailor even though it was a cheap blazer. Got bill today for $160
    Bills adding up that i wasnt expecting..............................

17. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

You forgot to add in the solitary music listening, guitar playing, working late on 16 hour days, espresso machine descaling, sausage and wine binge fests while out, and bathroom stalking.

18. otc

otc Senior member

My boss told us we should all use this weekend to get away since he'll be out of town friday and monday, our primary client contact is gone all week, and tuesday is a jewish holiday...

Unfortunately, I have something to do here saturday night (so...smack dab in the middle of that time period) so I can't go anywhere. I've been meaning to head to NYC and this would have been the perfect gap in my schedule.

19. js4design

js4design Senior member

For the phone, buy a phone without the contract. Is the razr the new touch screen or the flip phone? If it is the latter I'm sure you can pick one up cheap.

20. in stitches

pesach time!