• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

That's you being 10 years older.

No its not. Its this last generation of assholes giving birth to a new generation of assholes who are going to be even worse than their parents.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Agreed, but I still do it... :blush:

well, after waiting a million hours, and practically being at a rolling stop by the time you get there, everyone does. if the first people to pass by would just keep on truckin, and everyone followed suit, it would never cause the mess it does. grrrr.

dune

Reaction score
Old people have been complaining about young people for forever.

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they allow disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children now are tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers

Socrates.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No its not. Its this last generation of assholes giving birth to a new generation of assholes who are going to be even worse than their parents.

im not sure about that, as i wasnt an adult to really notice this 10-15 years ago. but i think it may be very true.

i have noticed this generation of young parents, is very "me" centered, and they also seem to suck ASS at saying no, and administering any kind of discipline. its really sad, as the kids suffer the most by having no real structured parenting to teach them how to behave in this world. then when it matters, like at a job interview, they are fucked.

guess what mrs/mr sitting at starbucks with your giant sunglasses and tight jeans, when your kid is flipping out, doing the following.

1. nothing

2. saying in your sugar sweet no kid left behind voice, "sweetie pie, use your indoor voice now, please quiet down so the nice man can read." and then going back to your extra grande mocha latte whatever.

doesnt do ****.

step 1, get your head out of your self centered ass.

step 2, be proactive and firm in telling your kid what they are doing is not ok.

step 3, give a warning.

step 4, if not heeded, pick up and head out. unmet threats teach your kids you are a *****. but follow through a few times and they learn to behave right quick.

also, sometimes your kid is in a no good mood, and just needs to be home, not out and about. you gotta give a little of yourself to be a parent.

/rant

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Old people have been complaining about young people for forever.
The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they allow disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children now are tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers

Socrates.

old news. i think good parenting comes and goes generationally. he was likely in a generation that was ****** at parenting.

also, he kinda strikes me as a *****. maybe he was just being a ***** when he wrote that.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

im not sure about that, as i wasnt an adult to really notice this 10-15 years ago. but i think it may be very true.

i have noticed this generation of young parents, is very "me" centered, and they also seem to suck ASS at saying no, and administering any kind of discipline. its really sad, as the kids suffer the most by having no real structured parenting to teach them how to behave in this world. then when it matters, like at a job interview, they are fucked.

guess what mrs/mr sitting at starbucks with your giant sunglasses and tight jeans, when your kid is flipping out, doing the following.

1. nothing

2. saying in your sugar sweet no kid left behind voice, "sweetie pie, use your indoor voice now, please quiet down so the nice man can read." and then going back to your extra grande mocha latte whatever.

doesnt do ****.

step 1, get your head out of your self centered ass.

step 2, be proactive and firm in telling your kid what they are doing is not ok.

step 3, give a warning.

step 4, if not heeded, pick up and head out. unmet threats teach your kids you are a *****. but follow through a few times and they learn to behave right quick.

also, sometimes your kid is in a no good mood, and just needs to be home, not out and about. you gotta give a little of yourself to be a parent.

/rant

+1 to this, but I think ****** parenting transcends generations. The whole overly indulgent parenting thing goes back at least 30 years, if not longer. I much prefer the benign neglect approach taken by my parents' generation.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Socrates strikes you as a *****? Okay then.......

idrk, it just struck as the thing to say. i dont really know the man, so maybe its not fair of me to jump to judgement about him.

dune

Reaction score
Ugh, old people these day, not knowing their classics.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

+1 to this, but I think ****** parenting transcends generations. The whole overly indulgent parenting thing goes back at least 30 years, if not longer. I much prefer the benign neglect approach taken by my parents' generation.

i would like to think my parents were neither overly indulgent nor neglectful. :)

i can not however, speak for my parenting skills.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am now sitting in some pedicure place waiting for my daughter and niece to get pedicures.

:fu:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

suuuuure you are. We believe you.

really i was. i think my few remaining brain cells were killed by the smell of all the nail polish and remover.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just had a ****** ass plane ride back from richmond. Flight was delayed, on one of my least favorite planes, and a majority of the seats were taken by what I imagine were 12-14 year olds with maybe 2 chaperones....and then we had to sit on the tarmac for a long time waiting for our gate to open up when we landed.
Kids were ******* singing songs, one kid was raising and slamming down his two armrests like drums to his headpnoes (which made vibrations I could feel in my seat from across the aisle and up a row), and the girls behind me were freaked out and couldn't figure out why the plane was flying over water on its approach to chicago and nobody within earshot knew why either (they briefly thought it might be the great lakes but then realized that that wasn't possible).
Thank god I always fly with earplugs which at least numbs the sound.
Then I had a fricking scary cab ride home. Super old dude was driving down I90 in between two lanes and had no clue even when somebody was laying on the horn at him and on several other occasions was drifting in and out of lanes. Twice during the $30 ride, he took a pill out of a prescription bottle...
I had to call 311 and report him but I felt pretty bad about it. He was one of the few independent cabbies in the city, mentioned that he had just bought this new vehicle, and seemed like a nice old man. But still, it had to be done as he probably shouldn't be driving any vehicle, let alone doing it professionally. At least as an owner-operated, if they at some point tell him he can't drive anymore, the last few taxi medallions sold in the city went for $325k+ which has got to be a lot of appreciation over whatever he paid for it...so he will do alright there.

This sounds all too familiar (except for the cab ride; I use the same guy all the time so no hassles there).
Sorry to hear about your brother, Piob.

Flight home today was filled with little children. I did not get to sleep at all.

:fu:

Every time I see parents with little kids/babies waiting at the same gate as me, my heart sinks.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads