1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Cocaine sewn into the collar and cuffs? Entirely made of cocaine? For a pet monkey? Hexed? Covered in fruits and vegetables?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  2. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Nope, just cotton...I buy shirts from Japan all the time without any problem.

I'm guessing this is just an error? Oh well, I'll just let the shipper know and to have him re-send the package. Also seems weird it was only held up in customs for a few hours.

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Regarding people who come into work sick - I've made it clear to my team that coming in sick, whether it's because you think it's heroic, shows commitment, or you think you're indispensable - does not reflect favorably on you if you infect others and multiply the lost productivity that would otherwise be limited to you. If I happen to be one of those people you infect, then your "heroism" will reflect REALLY poorly

If you still insist on working despite these warnings, then work from home

4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't know how I feel about the above post. Mostly I feel like people are babies and can work no problem. If everybody manned up and just pushed it out there would be no issue with lost productivity. The only time I don't come to work is if I am vomiting.

5. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Hangovers are not infectious though--only a wimp would miss work over such a reason. Just make sure to keep a trashcan by the desk.

1 person likes this.
  6. patrickBOOTH

What about a virus? Unrelated to a hangover.

7. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

I'm just trying to be a jackass PB.

I go to work even when I feel really shitty; however, I don't work with others and I can and would puke at work.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

It's the infectious part. If you can do what you need to do that's great you just should not put others at risk. If you have an office that's great. If you're job is about face time? Not a good choice.

9. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i kinda agree with both hroi and pB.

when someone is actually too sick to do their job, or even if they could work but are sneezing and coughing on everyone else, GTFO. yes, you can get the job done, but no one else wants to catch that crap and have to feel gross. if you are just a little sick, and dont have anything that would get anyone else sick, then get your ass in gear.

just my take.

10. upthewazzu

upthewazzu Senior member

Baby boomers freakin LOVE to work when they're deathly ill. It's like there's some award for excellence handed out by a secret baby boomer society for working when sick, and getting every single damn person in the office sick as a result. If you're sick, stay the eff out of the office damnit.

1 person likes this.
  11. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

Well, I've actually broken two pairs of these things. The problem with the newest pair is the plug. The audio comes in and out in the left ear with the slightest movement of the plug when it's in the jack. The other one just crapped out entirely suddenly.

12. b1os

b1os Senior member

The cable probably broke.
    Speaking of broken cables, Logitech replaced the cable of my TF10s. I'm gonna go with it and won't splurge on a better cable. Instead, I will allocate the money towards a "new" (will probably purchase used ones) stereo amp (AMC XIA or so), speakers and a CD player.

13. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Is anyone on here fluent in Japanese?--and if you are, would you translate a few sentences into Japanese for me? :embar:

14. patrickBOOTH

15. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Thanks, I'll send him a PM.

16. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

I'm sure Why would have plenty to say on the subject, but not actually be able to do a translation .

3 people like this.
  17. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Its the cable. I had to have mine replaced on my A500's. If its not under warranty it'll run you $50 shipping both ways included\.

18. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

I don't know if it's under warranty. It's been about two years since I bought them on Amazon. But I'd like to prevent paying them any more money for anything, even if it means I have to buy a more expensive set from somebody else like Grado.

19. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

google translate no work?

20. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

warranty's only one year. you might as well get them repaired, even if its only to sell them later.