• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So Brooks Brothers. They were having a sale and whenever a company has a sale I use it to stock up on things like underoos and undershirts. Well, I got an assload of under shirts and boxer briefs all in size Medium. I guess I am about a size medium? Well the shirts were good, however the boxer briefs, while fitting nicely in the waist had a gigantic rise, where I had to pull them up to my nipples to get them to fit. No big deal, I will exchange them in-store.
Well, they wouldn't exchange the pair that I tried on. I find this kind of bullshit especially when there is no mention of returns of undergarments. I also asked them how I was supposed to know if they fit. They referred me to their size charts, which I did, in fact consult. I don't them obviously they don't work. So now I have a giant pair of boxerbriefs. Also, this is the same Brooks Brothers that I went into looking for socks a few months back and they directed me to a drawer with 2 pairs of argyle socks. :angry:
So basically, **** Brooks Brothers. **** brick and mortar large stores. I wish my tailor could get some jersey material and make me undershirts and boxer briefs so I don't have to waste my time and money.

Didn't you make this same "**** BB" rant after the argyle socks tragedy?

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Because you're not American like the cool people.

****! Spell checker has a personal grudge with me because I'm not Red White and Blue through and through? The bastard, why I oughta ...

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Warehouse/Garden Centre two different aminals. Why does the spell checker not like 'centre'?

I've never been to a "Garden Centre," so all of my experience is in the warehouse context. They really are crazy.

Spell checkre doesn't like "centre" because it is bettre to put the e before the r. Whethre or not this news makes you bittre, that's just how it be.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So Brooks Brothers. They were having a sale and whenever a company has a sale I use it to stock up on things like underoos and undershirts. Well, I got an assload of under shirts and boxer briefs all in size Medium. I guess I am about a size medium? Well the shirts were good, however the boxer briefs, while fitting nicely in the waist had a gigantic rise, where I had to pull them up to my nipples to get them to fit. No big deal, I will exchange them in-store.
Well, they wouldn't exchange the pair that I tried on. I find this kind of bullshit especially when there is no mention of returns of undergarments. I also asked them how I was supposed to know if they fit. They referred me to their size charts, which I did, in fact consult. I don't them obviously they don't work. So now I have a giant pair of boxerbriefs. Also, this is the same Brooks Brothers that I went into looking for socks a few months back and they directed me to a drawer with 2 pairs of argyle socks. :angry:
So basically, **** Brooks Brothers. **** brick and mortar large stores. I wish my tailor could get some jersey material and make me undershirts and boxer briefs so I don't have to waste my time and money.

I too hate Brooks Brothers. Friends?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Or is it spell cheqre?

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I get drug tested at work.

Odd. Although I imagine most companies have a clause they can drug test at random. I don't think I've ever known someone at my company be randomly drug tested. I was only tested for the initial pre-employment screening when I first got out of college.

One thing that pissed me off many times FOX NEWS!

QQ

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Odd. Although I imagine most companies have a clause they can drug test at random. I don't think I've ever known someone at my company be randomly drug tested. I was only tested for the initial pre-employment screening when I first got out of college.

It is random. I have been tested about 4 or 5 times over the course of 4 years that I have been with the company. I think it is bullshit, and it is very expensive for the company to do as well.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

start eating like an AZN bro.... white rice + meat (what evs is kosher fo ya'lls) dish. even something simple like broccoli beef. but lots of white rice (it'll regulate and soak up/sweep the system).

thanks. i had a hamburger that the wife made last night. it stayed down the longest. ill try rice tonight.

use it as a kite or something.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It is random. I have been tested about 4 or 5 times over the course of 4 years that I have been with the company. I think it is bullshit, and it is very expensive for the company to do as well.

Yes, but the expense is worth it because now they can be sure you're not smoking marijuana on your own time. And that is very important because...umm...uhh...just very important all told, ya know?

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks. i had a hamburger that the wife made last night. it stayed down the longest. ill try rice tonight.
use it as a kite or something.

the rice works both ways: it'll either absorb the excess fluids or it'll release water into the colon if needed. white rice is a faster absorber/releaser so stick with the white rice for now. you don't have to eat like an AZN forever (because it'll eventually increase your sneaky-ness and analytical thinking) but once you go back to normal bowel movements you can go back to your old assplosion diet.

bread can theoretically work - but with all the faggotty gluten allergies M'ericans have developed in the last 20 years - you don't want to take any chances... white rice allergies still hasn't happened amongst this great Estadios Unidos.... yet...

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I often run tests (i.e., hire spies) to see if my employees are having sexual relations with unattractive partners. If so, that would hurt their morale and affect their job performance. I can't have employees like that. If the partners are attractive, but not very good in bed, they just get a warning.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the rice works both ways: it'll either absorb the excess fluids or it'll release water into the colon if needed. white rice is a faster absorber/releaser so stick with the white rice for now. you don't have to eat like an AZN forever (because it'll eventually increase your sneaky-ness and analytical thinking) but once you go back to normal bowel movements you can go back to your old assplosion diet.
bread can theoretically work - but with all the faggotty gluten allergies M'ericans have developed in the last 20 years - you don't want to take any chances... white rice allergies still hasn't happened amongst this great Estadios Unidos.... yet...

that is very good to know. thankfully i have no gluten issues. only glutton issues.

ill have some lite lice tonght.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I often run tests (i.e., hire spies) to see if my employees are having sexual relations with unattractive partners. If so, that would hurt their morale and affect their job performance. I can't have employees like that. If the partners are attractive, but not very good in bed, they just get a warning.

Makes complete sense.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics