Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

that terrible. no pain worse than a missed meetup.

but srs, im glad you are ok, boruch hashem. i hope the tests prove it was nothing to be worries about.

2. otc

otc Senior member

Walking to the bus to go to work this morning, I find some paper "No Parking Tomorrow at 7AM By Police Order" signs tied to the tries in the 4 car length or so area where my motorcycle is parked. I didn't bring my keys to work so I couldn't move it then.

I was outside at like 11:30pm last night replacing something on the motorcycle and I didn't see any signs. That means that they came sometime before 8AM this morning to post the damn signs and now I'm going to have to make sure I make it home tonight to move the bike.

Its a particularly dick move to have so little notice because often these signs can lead to towing (as opposed to street cleaning or something where you just get a ticket)...they often get put up when someone gets the Alderman to instruct the police to make enough room for a moving truck to park in the morning for a new resident to move in which means the spaces really do need to be empty.

I had just moved the bike to this spot on the previous night because they were doing street cleaning on my usual spot...if I hadn't walked a slightly different path to the bus stop (to see the part I replaced in the daylight) my bike might be getting towed in the morning. And from what I have heard, if your motorcycle/scooter gets towed in chicago, it basically gets trashed with zero recourse (they literally just drag it up and throw it down in the back of a truck).

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

well, I just made a decision that could haunt me for years to come, but here we go. re: adoption.

Also, wtf Sears? I need a replacement key for a tool chest. They stock replacement lock cylinders, and I can get a pack of 3 for $22 (which I did), or a single replacement for $7, plus $8 shipping, because none of the Parts Direct places actually stock the fuckers.

And, FWIW, a locksmith would charge $25 to make a key based on the key code, and even then it's a crapshoot - they asked that I bring the lock in because there are 15 different pattens based on the 3-digit code on the cylinder.. *sigh* At least it's not locked...but I kinda need to lock it these days. I know, minor stuff.

4. in stitches

tbird - i hope whatever decision you made, turns out alright.

5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Yeah, Thomas, all the best with your decision.

6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

+1

7. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

Monti's tax evasion clampdown...:cloud:

8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

There are lane closures on I-64 through downtown STL, and at one point there's only one lane open. Obviously that means that traffic is going to slow down a lot, and sometimes even stop. Today I had some idiot woman behind me honking her horn and making faces, presumably because she wanted me to go faster. Needless to say, I could not. So I just put my car in reverse and hit the accelerator really hard, causing me to crash into her car. (Okay, that last bit isn't true.)

9. in stitches

i cant even count the amount of times i have wanted to do things like that to morons on the road. and when i drove a giant truck, it was all i could do, not to give in to the urge to just push people out of the way.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Thanks guys. It's kind of a leap of faith, and things won't fully shake out for years, but the agency is playing hardball and we've gotta do this in order to alleviate another nasty situation.

11. L'Incandescent

Sounds like you've been put in a very bad position to make such an important decision. I hope everything turns out for the best. It really is inspring what you do.

12. in stitches

i have no doubt you will do what is best tbird. i wish you only success. hopefully it doesnt get nasty, or at least not any nastier than it is.

13. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I believe ABB is in St. Louis.

14. L'Incandescent

There is some truth to that, yes. L'Incandescent is also in St. Louis. So are the St. Louis Cardinals. Oh yeah, and Chuck Berry too. It's quite a city.

15. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored