• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How come I'm never seated next to attractive young ladies at the opera? Why am I always next to old people bitching about how the music isn't tuneful like in Aida or Madame Butterfly? Lots of people in my section actually walked out tonight.

Also, honest to goodness snippet of conversation I overheard on the way out:

Older, bitter lady: It had the right characters in it, but they were in the wrong order.
Companion: Yes, they should have been in a different order.

Last edited:

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How come I'm never seated next to attractive young ladies at the opera? Why am I always next to old people bitching about how the music isn't tuneful like in Aida or Madame Butterfly? Lots of people in my section actually walked out tonight.
Older, bitter lady: It had the right characters in it, but they were in the wrong order.

I was thinking something similar the other day. I am somehow seated next to the ugliest or oldest people on the plane while some other smuck always gets to sit next to the attractive young ladies.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude...you're at an opera...what else do you expect other than old people and those who are given free tickets through their office or school, etc. ;)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dude...you're at an opera...what else do you expect other than old people and those who are given free tickets through their office or school, etc. ;)

sums up what i was about to say.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was thinking something similar the other day. I am somehow seated next to the ugliest or oldest people on the plane while some other smuck always gets to sit next to the attractive young ladies.

let's be for reals though. 90% of styleforum wouldn't do anything even if they were sitting next to some fine young ladies

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yup. I've started to get paranoid about it. I think the attractive women see me hanging out at my gate and then go up to the ticket counter and say "Please ensure that I'm not seated next to that gentleman over there. He looks like the kind of fellow who doesn't deserve to sit next to a lovely lady such as myself." You'd think the odds were good that I'd sit next to an attractive lady at least once in a while, but no.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For real, there are some stunning, very nicely dressed youngish women I see wandering around the lobby before the performances. But I don't get to sit near them. Ever.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd say "Bout damn time, I finally getta sit next to a beautiful lady at the opera. Kick ass, I am in it to win it!" Things would proceed from there, although I can't say for sure if they'd proceed well or badly.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...sounds like a great way for your night to end with a bottle of Jim Beam and a lotioned up hand...alone...

Last edited:

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not pissing me off, but I'm not craving cigarettes...I'm going strong!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Long as I've got a crisp five dollar bill in my wallet, I never have to spend the night alone.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads