Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Glad you got it. I've had this happen, and fortunately my neighbors were kind enough to deliver it to me. Never got an apology from the carrier for its error.

2. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

I think between this and misuse of begging the question you really should stop grading exams for the day. You may have caught the 'tarded.

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

When artsy commercials/people try to pronounce the brand "Jaguar" as zha-goo-ar

4. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

An other won whoose had to many expressos.

5. otc

otc Senior member

You should see some of the apartments I am browsing...sometimes I wonder if the person who "designed" some of these kitchens has ever so much as boiled water. Sure, many of them are 100+ year old buildings with goofy room setups that are hard to design around, but some of these layouts are just :facepalm:

I would post some photos but whenever I see a kitchen with a stove standing all by it self 3 miles away from any countertops, I immediately hide the property from my Padmapper search.

Also, I know it is a preference thing, but I hate cabinets that don't go to the ceiling. Just seems like wasted space that gets a gross film of oily dust on top of it in a kitchen without a good hood. Even if you aren't as tall as I am, why wouldn't you want storage space up there for little-used things?

Edit: here is a terrible one (no clue how they want as much as they do for this either...an exposed water-heater should be an absolute no-fucking-way for any apartment renting for more than 1k a month)
    [​IMG]

edit2: and apparently there is a dishwasher somewhere in that unit...but its not next to the sink or the water heater...so clearly there is another water hookup somewhere (and space for countertops)...so why the fuck wouldn't you put the sink over there?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  6. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I really want a new job. But I have no skills/experience aside from being a political operative/lackey. Maybe I will just suffer for another decade and then become a soulless lobbyist.

:(

7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

The stuff I'm sitting with right now, has been designed by blind 14 year old, so many odd size and locations, I just have to follow to drawings and make and offer.

F.ex. they want a minimum of 25cm of space above the wall units for ventilation, in a new building and a build in microwave and who uses a microwave now a days, with the new smart ovens?

1k, what rental apartments suck where you live, if that is the standard. I presume that the dishwasher is in the same place as the missing fridge (next to the stove).

8. otc

otc Senior member

You can see the edge of the fridge on the left of the picture...which means there is probably a doorway between the stove and the fridge.

The unit I pulled that photo from is $1300 a month for a one bedroom...the outside of the building looks fine and the one indoor picture looked good...but that kitchen is an immediate no-go at 1300 which is the top of what I would like to spend (trying to keep fixed costs as low as possible).

Of course, who knows what drives these prices...I have seen much nicer kitchens for less (but hey...those ones have already found tenants where as that shithole is still open)

9. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

haha...that class I was bitching about earlier...I received a "major paper" back today, and apparently it was perfect. I got a 100 on a paper I wrote while drinking a six pack. :slayer:

10. samblackbones

samblackbones Senior member

The Chilean Consulate in Los Angeles is lagging on getting back to me about my visa. I am supposed to leave the 22nd, and am naturally anxious.
    So obviously this is very stressful.
    To boot, my spanish is pretty good but paperwork is very technical and I get stuck on it some times.

11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

my jag-gyu-war model "zed kay one" coup-ay with aleeu-millium reinforced boot sits in my gay-raj.

I love euro pronunciations though.

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

yes, and I shop at "tar-zhay"

(okay not really but had to be the first to cite that tired old line)

13. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

hmmm pawn shop, garment business, diamonds. we aren't trying to hit all the stereotypes, are we?

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I'm so damn tired from looking at drawings all day, I didn't notice

I don't get why apartments like that are so expensive, you can get a brand new 80sqm here for less.

My Mac is at the repair shop, so I had to find my old pc in the basement and work from that.

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

various aggravations and annoyances are taking up too much mind space as my main coping mechanism is Not Happening for the next week or month or so, partly by my own stupidity. So I'm posting stupid shit to relieve the pent-up frustrations. Other issues abound but I can't quite figure them out yet, no point in giving voice to them.