Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

idk the proper etiquette on the matter, but that sounds right.

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

really hate this kid i'm tutoring. well hate is a little too strong. disdain, dislike, something like that

always 30, 40 minutes late minimum. never finishes the work i tell him to and then either lies about doing it or does it when he gets here. basically a bratty high school student who's had everything spoon fed to him. sleeps during tutoring sessions (i get that he's tired and all and i make money whether he works or sleeps, but annoying). cancels sessions at the last minute (last week he cancelled like 30 minutes after he was supposed to be here because he was too tired. if he had told me earlier i could've gone to the city a day earlier to help gf move).

one time i texted him the meeting spot a few hours ahead. he says ok. then he calls me half an hour after we were supposed to meet asking me where i am and in the background i hear his friends chatting and laughing with each other and with him. then he tells me he was confused about where we were supposed to meet.

another time i told him to write an sat essay (cuz he's never written one) towards the end of a session and he said he was tired and didnt want to. i told him to suck it up cuz he needs it and i need to see how i can help him. he spends half the time whining, looking at the clock, and wrote an essay that was so illegible it was useless. why even bother...

i want him to do better, get to a better college, cuz he kind of reminds me of me and his parents have always been kind, but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

i want to set boundaries, but i dont feel like telling his parents things like 24 hour notice before cancellation or fines, 2 hours always on time regardless of how much we have left, or time will be prorated, but they're basically family friends and i feel like that would damage the relationship

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012

3. in stitches

punch him in the balls, and tell him to get his shit together. STAT!

4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i prefer the penis hole for maximum pain

5. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Ug I hate doing laundry so much... Just finished four loads. Luckily I did them all at once. I just need to get a maid. They're inexpensive here, but I'm just not used to it.

I got a bit sauced at lunch with a friend in order to handle it. :slayer:

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Not just you, they've skyrocketed. I booked a flight earlier this week and the cost made my eyes water because the fare was substantially higher than when I traveled to those parts a couple years ago.

7. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

I've had students like that when I used to teach private lessons at a school. I've been known to make students cry. I just don't take this crap. I hate spoiled and/or self-entitled students, especially when they really have nothing to be proud of with regards to what I'm teaching them. Of course, I was teaching music which requires a ton of discipline and hard work. My teachers were always extremely tough on me. I tried to hold the students up to the same expectations that I have for myself.

My advice is to not take any of his shit. Next lesson, treat him like you would be treated in a normal environment.

Unfortunately, working with friends is a pain in the ass. My mother taught the two kids of a friend of hers. Holy crap, it was insane the amount of shit she had to deal with. Think about this... his parents are actually being disrespectful to you through their kid.

In light of teaching a family friend's kid, I recommend just stop tutoring him. Unless you really need the money, he's not worth your time. Just say you're too busy now. They'll understand.

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

fuuuu. as much as i want to stop tutoring him i did promise his parents that i would see him through the application process and :embar: i need money

i'm just not sure how to deal with his shit cuz while i've tutored other kids this is the first time i had to deal with shit like this

thanks for the advice. much appreciated

fu. we agreed on 6 pm today. 6 pm arrived and i got a text saying they're going to be here at 6:30. guess what, it's 6:30 now

9. in stitches

:nodding:

10. in stitches

i bet that penis hole punch is looking pretty likely right about now. :slayer:

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

12. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Talk to the parents. They should know, and you shouldn't have to deal with the kid's crap.

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

When is this music festival ? I'm going there on Monday and I think my airfare is $1400. I thought it was excessive but maybe there's something special going on that day

14. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

I worked from 7:00am to 12:05am, with an hour break for dinner. On a Friday (and five minutes of a Saturday). And yet I'm a lazy state employee.

15. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Yes, but you probably did not work hard, such as using elbow grease or having gumption. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you lollygagged your Friday away and charged the taxpayers for the privilege.

(j/k)