• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I just got an upset email about a story I wrote and it was not my fault. I contacted an org for a statement, they gave a strongly worded one but noted it was in reference to something hypothetical. I clearly couched everything in being hypothetical but my editor took that out. I will let him respond.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My kitchen is infested with gnats. How do I get rid of these buggers? Raid doesn't seem to be too effective.

I've got gnats or fruit flies or something that have fallen in love with my bathroom.
I can't figure out where the eff they are coming from...but its a bathroom so its always wet after showering (no exhaust fan). I wonder how long it takes them to spawn; can they pop out babies in the toilet while I am at work?

fill a 2 liter bottle with water and vinegar. roll a piece of paper into a cone shaped funnel, wide at the top, and tapering into narrow to fit in the bottle head. the little buggers will fly in for the water and vinegar, and then cant figure out how to get out.

i have done this before and works amazing.

I'm proctoring a final exam for a professor who had to go out of town (easy $50, woo) and there's a kid in the front row who is sitting here crying. So awkward.

give em a lolly pop.

I was traveling for work yesterday and got an urgent e-mail I needed to reply to ASAP. I didn't feel like tapping it all out on my phone though and I happened to be passing a McDonalds and I know they have free wifi so I figured I'd pop in and grab some dinner too.
What a weird ******* place. There was some crazy immigrant lady there and another lonely looking dude playing on his phone but worst of all in walks this clearly awkward guy, all disheveled and smelling strongly of fish and he orders a bottle of water and starts staring at everyone like they're crazy. Then he's sitting there in the corner and I'm pretty sure he was stroking himself through his pants.

dud, its weird when you talk in 3rd person.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I just got an upset email about a story I wrote and it was not my fault. I contacted an org for a statement, they gave a strongly worded one but noted it was in reference to something hypothetical. I clearly couched everything in being hypothetical but my editor took that out. I will let him respond.

Maybe when your editor is out of the office, you can sneak in and place a copy of the SPJ Code of Ethics on top of his desk. Then he will stop doing things like that.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

220327.1020.A.jpg

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had students come to my office and say things like "I'm willing to do anything to get an A." (Strong emphasis on "anything" accompanied by a demeanor that's hard to misinterpret.) I always pretend that I didn't get the message, and I suggest more effective ways of studying for the next exam!

I'd just say "you know what starts with A? Anal" if I was you.

Then maybe on their next test if they have a 59.5, round them up to a nice even 60.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. My dog broke a hole in the fence and got out today. Didn't hurt anyone or anything but tried to roughhouse with a much smaller dog and scared the **** out of it and its owner. I didn't even know what was going on, just heard some noise and stuck my head out of the front door and this woman started screaming at me. Lost my temper and ended up having the cops show up. My fault, because I knew there was a small hole for a week or so and hadn't gotten it fixed yet, and I could have probably avoided the police if I had kept my cool, apologized to the woman and told her I would get it fixed.

2. Lost my keys. Took me more than an hour to find them, at which point I was fuming.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone else not surprised Liam's first thought is taking it *********** for a grade?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmm, thanks for the tip on the drain flies, that sounds about right.

Time to get some draino action going.

There is always 1 of them flying around...I don't think I have EVER seen more than one at a time, but the little motherfuckers fly around in front of my TV when I am trying to watch and then they go die on my bathroom ceiling

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Anyone else not surprised Liam's first thought is taking it *********** for a grade?

Well, it's certainly an efficient use of time. 5 minutes of taking it *********** versus months of studying. And if we're talking about an elective...

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or have airline fares gone up considerably since last year? I'm trying to get a decently priced trip to Montreal for the Jazz Festival and not finding anything under $500 yet.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Is it just me, or have airline fares gone up considerably since last year? I'm trying to get a decently priced trip to Montreal for the Jazz Festival and not finding anything under $500 yet.

My friend Marie is offering accommodations if you are interested.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i have found the same, i was just looking at a few flights last week and noticed a hike. sucks.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I just booked a ludicrously expensive itinerary for Asia. I was going to take a colleague at first but when I saw the airfares I told him to stay at home.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads