Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. CalTex

CalTex Distinguished Member

I posted a while back about friendship and money here is an update for any of you that care.

I decided to send friend A a message asking him when he needed the money and he decided to never reply, part of me was willing to give him the money but I wanted to see what he would tell me if I contacted him directly. He didn't answer. I told friend B he said he would ask A. I have not heard about the issue since. This is making me think that it was all bs to begin with.

So I am rather sad about all of this, guess A was never a friend and I am now unsure of where to place B.

Other story,

I asked a friend of mine to help me tomorrow for two hours (1200-1400) and he told me that he had prayer from 1230 - 1330. I asked him if he could help from 1400 - 1500 and he responded "can you ask x". WTF, he doesn't work and is just spending his summer studying for the MCAT. I was studying with him yesterday and he said he was going to finish 30 passages, 9 pm came along and he had just finished 7. I understand that studying takes precedence but it doesn't even seem like he is willing to help. He is a great friend and has been there may times that I needed someone to talk to/advice but I think its shitty that he cant take 2 hours out of his schedule to help me out. I am not saying that studying for the MCAT is not important, but I know he hasn't studied "all day" this entire week.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

+1. grrrrr

3. death shot

death shot Distinguished Member

My coworker keeps blasting "Last Dance" by Donna Summer every single night. I fucking hate Last Dance. That's a stupid fucking song. It's crap.

4. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Stylish Dinosaur

Let me give you some life advice that I've known for a while and wish I could implement--don't allow yourself to get dicked around.

The end.

So my roommate who just fucking sucks in every way is thankfully moving out imminently and he's just become an even bigger tool. I don't know what he made for dinner last night but I came home about 9:30, he was gone, and the whole house just reeked of some awful sulfurous odor. That's the best way I can describe it. Whatever, I think I am going to bed soon so I'll ask him what's up when I get home (if I want to talk to him, that is. I hate dealing with him so much I'll just take care of it rather than having to talk to him.) Well, it was so bad it woke me up from my sleep and I am an unbelievably heavy sleeper, like can sleep for hours without interruption in coach heavy sleeper (being a big boy, ftw). I got up this morning and I could tell it was a kitchen-based malodorous assault, turned on the exhaust fan and prayed it would clear up by the time I got home...

Also, Indie pop is all the same fucking shit now and its the predominant music being made. Have Pitchfork's Top 100 Tracks of 2010 (side note: it comes in at 93 tracks) and first six songs--all indie pop and two hip hop cuts. All of them were the same synthesizer-driven 80s-derivative crap until Deerhunter came on, thankfully.

5. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Distinguished Member

My kitchen is infested with gnats. How do I get rid of these buggers? Raid doesn't seem to be too effective.

6. edinatlanta

Any fresh fruit sitting out on the counters? Don't leave it there... might want to clear the drain with draino or something similar too.

7. acidboy

acidboy Stylish Dinosaur

but the good news is, your roommate's gone soon.

8. edinatlanta

Ya. and true story, I want him to lose his deposit, lol.

9. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

jesus christ, work is hell lately.

10. lasbar

lasbar Stylish Dinosaur

Hell is work..

11. otc

otc Stylish Dinosaur

I've got gnats or fruit flies or something that have fallen in love with my bathroom.

I can't figure out where the eff they are coming from...but its a bathroom so its always wet after showering (no exhaust fan). I wonder how long it takes them to spawn; can they pop out babies in the toilet while I am at work?

12. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Stylish Dinosaur

Not sure if this should go in the Happy thread or this one. This week I received two very surprising e-mails from students. Both said something like this: "I didn't follow the stuff you said on Monday. Can you explain it again?" I lectured for an hour and a half! They don't tell me which parts they didn't get; they just want me to explain all of the stuff again via e-mail. I won't even lie, I laughed in appreciation for the utter ballsiness of the request. I should add that one of these requests came the morning of the exam, i.e., this morning.

13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Stylish Dinosaur

L'Incandescent, how often do students offer themselves for the promise of extra credit?

14. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

Duude, I didn't follow your post from Tuesday a few weeks ago. Would you elaborate?

15. Teger

Teger Stylish Dinosaur

I'm proctoring a final exam for a professor who had to go out of town (easy $50, woo) and there's a kid in the front row who is sitting here crying. So awkward.