• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my wife expressed unhappiness with the way our apartment is decorated, and with the kitchen. we spend a tiny part of our income on housing, less than 15% of take home, which allows us to have great vacations and so on. we have 3 bedrooms for 5 people (including twin girls who share a bedroom) and we have laundry in the basement, and a girl comes once a week to do laundry and clean the house. we can walk to the beach, as well as pretty much anyplace else we want. we have a nearby train to downtown. we have great schools. we have 10 playgrounds within walking distance.

on the other hand, its an apartment, not a house. but then we save all the labor and costs assosiated with a house.

my take on it is that the house is a mess because my wife (who doens't work outside of the house) doesn't put effort into it, she prefers to hang out with friends and be involved in non-profits and so on. and I have basically made my peace with it. yesterday, she started with "well, if we ha nicer furnature I would be more motivated to keep the house clean and neat, and to cook meals and so on"

anyway, we are going to end up spending some change on new furntiture, and I am sure there will then be another reason why she would rather have breakfast, coffee and lunch with her girl friends rather than clean the house

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

my wife expressed unhappiness with the way our apartment is decorated, and with the kitchen. we spend a tiny part of our income on housing, less than 15% of take home, which allows us to have great vacations and so on. we have 3 bedrooms for 5 people (including twin girls who share a bedroom) and we have laundry in the basement, and a girl comes once a week to do laundry and clean the house. we can walk to the beach, as well as pretty much anyplace else we want. we have a nearby train to downtown. we have great schools. we have 10 playgrounds within walking distance.
on the other hand, its an apartment, not a house. but then we save all the labor and costs assosiated with a house.
my take on it is that the house is a mess because my wife (who doens't work outside of the house) doesn't put effort into it, she prefers to hang out with friends and be involved in non-profits and so on. and I have basically made my peace with it. yesterday, she started with "well, if we ha nicer furnature I would be more motivated to keep the house clean and neat, and to cook meals and so on"
anyway, we are going to end up spending some change on new furntiture, and I am sure there will then be another reason why she would rather have breakfast, coffee and lunch with her girl friends rather than clean the house

IIRC, you have expressed frustration about how she keeps the home in the past, right?

Do you think anything will change when you get nicer furniture? In my experience the novelty of new furniture wears off very quickly. Also, if she is not doing her share of responsibilities at an apartment, imagine how messy an entire house will be. I know, because (not trying to make this sound bad) but your wife sounds exactly like my mother. She never worked and my father is constantly pissed off about the condition of the house when she literally has nothing to do all day. They moved into a bigger house and it was a bigger problem.

Last edited:

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After she gets her new furniture and new house she will want a full time housekeeper and nanny

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

After she gets her new furniture and new house she will want a full time housekeeper and nanny

:nodding:

Like my wife...

Each time we buy a house ,she loves doing it up for 4 years , get bored o it and we have to move to the next project..

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

:nodding:
Like my wife...
Each time we buy a house ,she loves doing it up for 4 years , get bored o it and we have to move to the next project..

Sounds like my uncle. He is a nut. Moves like every 3 years, redoes the entire place and landscaping and then moves on. He has actually made a good deal of money doing this actually. I told him he should quit his practice and just deal in real estate. He seems to like it a lot more, and he could make more money if he didn't have to practice medicine during the day.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

(...)
(...)

I can't speak to your wife since I know very little about her, but I can say that Mrs. T used to tell me that she would vacuum the house more if she had a lighter vacuum (We have an old Kirby - steel throughout). Two vacuums later, she still never vacuumed. We still have the Kirby, though, and I use it.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am going to marry a career woman.

Just tell you a personal story..

I didn't marry a career woman because we didn't need two self-centered persons in our couple..

After we had the twins , my wife came back, got problems getting her old job back , got transferred worked 60%...

She moved again to my sister's department and worked 80%...

Got headhunted and promoted and now work 90% and loves the job so much she is talking now going fulltime..

Result; I HAVE THE BLOODY KIDS ALL THE TIME ON MY BACK AS I'M A SHIFT WORKER..

Women change and never or the best.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have this new bespoke suit. It is what I would describe as French Blue, or Royal Blue. I have no idea what tie to wear with it. I am thinking may something olive or something, but I don't know. Maybe:

47003_1_.jpg

36601_1_.jpg

6378_1_.jpg

I just don't know...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are not going to drive fast, please get out of the left lane. thank you.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
how'd the cleaning go, PB?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hey stitches, can you write me a limerick?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
there once was a guy we call stitch

*******, I got nothing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads