Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Today's example

Hi, I would like to speak with X Y

We don't have anyone by that name

I spoke to him yesterday

I can't find anyone by that name

:brick:

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Splooj.

It took you five years to realize that?

Go the 'Tahs!

It's a big thing in that community, apparently.

Ugh, me too. Sorry Conne.

Yep. And neither of my dad's parents lived past 68. He doesn't take care of himself at all, eats poorly and is overweight and about to turn 61. I woke up this morning realizing he could probably die at any second... ugh.

Yep. Or Krispy Kreme.

:cheers:

It must be serious if you can't solve it. Maybe you have some new strain of a disease and it will be named after you!

Good luck dude. That's one of the reasons I don't want to have kids (well there are many) but I know I wouldn't be able to handle having an autistic child or anything like that.

Last edited: May 15, 2012

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I am pissed that Lasbar still hasn't given me his mobile number so that I can call him.

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I can't tell if I'd responded to this earlier but that's a rough situation to be in, both your cousins and your own.

5. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Ugh. I brought in four bananas to work yesterday. I go to have my first one this AM and... there are two. I have one and go to get my lunch and the fourth one is gone. WTF?

6. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Hard drive woes means my nearly 6 year old laptop (that was still going strong as of Sunday) needs repair. I guess I'm definitely buying a new one this year. Hopefully, it won't cost much to fix and I can hold off until later in the year.

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I gotta say, if someone called me up asking for someone named X Y, I'd probably think it was a prank call or something. I don't blame the secretary at all for that one.

8. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Never trust coworkers with food. Ever.

9. MrG

MrG Senior member

Thanks, man, it really is. From my understanding, nothing is certain yet, and they're waiting on tests. Still, I can tell it's killing my cousin.

Thanks, Ed. The idea of a kid with severe issues is really scary, but that risk is part of the deal. I'm incredibly grateful that my little guy is, for all intents and purposes, completely healthy, but I'd be lying if I said that fear doesn't creep in every now and again, whether it's about any other kids we may have or something that could be lurking down the line for the one we have now.

That said, God forbid you have a kid with an issue, you might surprise yourself. People have an incredible ability to adapt and overcome, even finding happiness in apparently-awful situations. There's a couple I know from high school who had a kid with Down Syndrome, and, rather than wallow in self pity, they've embraced all of the good stuff they see in it. They've even gone so far as to adopt another kid with DS from an orphanage in Ukraine.

Thanks, T. It's not going to be easy.

Though, this made me realize I don't see them nearly enough, especially given they don't live too far away, so maybe the positive to come out of this will be the chance for us to offer support and see them more often.

Last edited: May 15, 2012

10. gort

gort Senior member

You can easily eat something from a donut/muffin/bagel shop and fit it into your daily macros. All I am saying is it's nice to have nutritional info available so you can properly monitor what you eat. Not that most people entering places like that have any concern for their daily consumption.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Sometimes good things come from bad situations. You never can tell.

That said, my son has really been winding the family up this week. He picked the wrong week (and weekend) to get up in the Mrs.' grill and everyone's at a high simmer.

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

He has a name, but it's not relevant for the receptionist stupidity.

I called back 2 min. later and talked to another receptionist and got put through in 20 sec.

So yeah there was no one there by that name. :rolleyes:

13. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Hmm, trying to find ways to give the receptionist the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it's because Danish names are so hard to pronounce. I know when I hear a native speaker say "Soren Kierkegaard," I can't believe the sounds they're making correspond to those letters. I certainly cannot say "Soren Kierkegaard" very convincingly, so I just pronounce it as if it were English. (English is easy to pronounce, at least for me.)

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

She was Danish, so she should be able to understand her native language.

The person I was asking for had a very common name and I said it more than once.

15. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

You are not in the inner circle...