Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

It only depends on the time you have to get up..

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I hear that when you have kids, you're always up.

3. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

fukn pedo.

4. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

:crackup:

5. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

:bigstar:

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

[COLOR=FF00AA][/COLOR]
    AGAIN? What did you watch? How do you make it through the day with so little sleep?

7. MrG

MrG Senior member

Assuming it's not shill bidding, this is basic economics in action. The shirt is worth what people are willing to pay.

This sucks. It has to be immensely frustrating. I hope you find the right thing soon.

I'm sorry, but I have the laugh at your description. All I can picture is a crazed toddler destroying her bed in a frenzy.

Sucks she keeps waking up, though.

8. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Most of my customers who are over about 55 will actually talk about commercials they've seen. Its so lame and bizarre I just leave the area whenever they start reciting what happened in the most recent Fiat commercial or whatever.

Why would he bother emailing you?

I think we need to Vchip your tv, compy and anything else you can watch until 415 am.

9. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I'm very bad at vacations. I just finished a productive semester and I really need to recharge the batteries. But when I try to go a day without doing work-related stuff, I feel guilty. I really need to get better at work-life balance.

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I used to have that problem. I got over it. :slayer:

11. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I left the dome light in my car on for 3 days, and drained the battery. My neighbors offered a jump, so we wheeled the car out of the garage to jump it. There's a slight rise into the garage, so getting it out was easy.

HOWEVER, we could not get it to start. We were getting just enough juice to turn the engine over once. Possibly a dead battery, but it's only 30 months old. It might also be the alternator, we'll know if it holds a charge but doesn't recharge. We got rid of AAA a while back, so I really don't feel like getting the car towed. Time to put the car back in the garage - meaning we had to roll it back up the incline into the garage. With three of us pushing and one steering we barely managed to get it back in: me, the 75 year old guy from next door, my neighbor who had hip replacement surgery a couple of months ago and her husband who has tendonitis in his knee. We barely got the car in, and I was terrified that I'd hear an ambulance pulling up 5 or 10 minutes later.

I've got a trickle charger hooked up to the battery, and will know tonight if the battery is holding a charge.

12. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

I was leaving the parking lot where I'd just picked up a burrito from lunch. I had backed in to a spot that was the last spot on the row, separated from the access road by a small curb maybe 2-3 feet wide. I was therefore parked parallel to the access road, about 2-3 feet away from it, and facing the opposite of the direction I wanted to go.

When pulling out, I therefore had to make a very tight U-turn. The road is not frequently used as it runs behind the row of stores and most people access via the front. So it wasn't a problem because there's usually no traffic. But as I pulled out, a car was coming in the opposite direction and my wide U-turn took me, for a brief second or two, into her oncoming lane. She was coming fast around the buildings so hadn't seen my pulling out and I hadn't seen her coming. It was no problem, she merely had to brake for a second as I completed my hairpin-like turn and got back into the right lane.

She made this face at me and I could see her mouthing "What the fuck are you doing?"

Of course there was a perfectly rational explanation for what I was doing but I could only sort of pantomime it in the 1.5 seconds I had as we drove past each other. She just looked at me, this fat stupid bitch, shaking her head like I was some kind of moron.

In the end it was pretty embarrassing and I'm still annoyed about looking like the idiot in the BMW to this dumb chunker.

13. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I really hate that when you make a very reasonable error, correct it and it doesn't cause any harm but somebody acts as if it is the most heinous thing in the world. Fucking assholes.

To think at how much the horn is used on cars to tell somebody else they are an asshole rather than avert an accident is mind boggling. Especially here in NYC. I hate when I get into a cab and they literally beep at everything for pretty much no reason. I just want to take out my piano wire and choke out the motherfucker.

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

This reminds me of a story. In college I had this giagantic double-sided dildo, like 3" thick and just short of three feet long. I used to bring it to parties and throw it at people, have it poking out of my bag walking to class, you know, things you would expect me to do with it. Anyway, it was in the trunk of my car and my parents had just moved into a new development and I was visiting for the weekend. So Sunday I get a knock on the door from a new neighbor whose battery was dead and he needed a jump. I was excited and friendly to help a new neighbor so I go out to my car with him and pop the trunk and what do you know, the giant double-sided dildo laying right across the jumper cables. I stumbled on many words, he was like, "uh, yeah, um, how about that..."

15. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I've mastered a look of "i'm really dumb, yes it was my fault, 1,000 sorries" I give in situations like that. Even when I didn't do anything wrong.

My wife hates when I do it, especially if the person who beeps was the one at fault/or being a dick, but it saves a ton of stress. I lived in southern california during the late 80's as a little kid and highway road rage tragedies were like a daily occurrence there at that time. My dad was an extremely aggressive driver who carried a gun in his glove compartment - and a prime candidate for such.

Last edited: May 10, 2012