• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did the marines knock the "gay" out of him? :p
Nah, apparently he was straight. We found out before he went into the Marines, he just acted as stereotypically as Jack on Will and Grace. But I definitely think the personality change was a response to the homophobic tendencies of the service.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

WE can have our own celebration when I come visit (no ****).

if jaime comes, WE celebrate (no ****)

Did you tell him you're 100% chav?
To the bolded...many years ago, in a galaxy far, far away...there was the 1/2 pound A&W burger that was created specifically to combat the 1/4 pounder. Upon serious focus grouping it was determined the average consumer thought a 1/4 pounder was more meat as 4 > 2.

eh? I don't get it.

Ever since my friend joined the Air Force, he has developed this attitude of being a badass, how he's changed so much from the lazy coward he used to be. He keeps asking me if I think he looks different or how confident he is. It's sickening. Hopefully I don't become a bigger prick from my military experience.

is "maverick" written on his helmet?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Haha that reminds me, was at Waffle House... the tab was $8.60, I gave the server a $20 and 60 cents, panicked ensued, a sweaty brow, furtively clacking a calculator and asking the cook for help. Gave him an extra hefty tip out of pity. (I always do that)

:laugh: you are too kind

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I do not understand how some people are so dumb, it amazes me. Guy asked me where I was from last night said i'm Chinese American "so your Japanese then?" Seems legit brah. Guy at work also asked me where I'm from, he came up with "so you half american, half chinese, half English?" strong fraction skills.

you should've corrected him on his poor math skillz... it would've been soooo AzN of you... :smarmy:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ugh, I am out of razors again and I have to wait forever to get more from Thailand.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

My uncle passed away yesterday. It wasn't unexpected and he went calmly but after winning his first battle with cancer, it was rough to see him lose the second.
I feel for my cousins--one who is my age and another who is still in college :(

I'm sorry to hear of this, but at least it was calm.

I don't recall if I posted this, but my great-aunt passed on last week - we weren't close by any means, I never visited her at her ranch (which, to be fair, is about 6 hours' drive from our own pile of rocks, which is another 4 hours from our house, and unless you have your own plane - which she did for a time - forget flying) or corresponded with her much at all. But I found out that after her house was leveled by the west Texas fires a few years back, she was never again the same. She more or less lost touch with reality, left the place alone and eventually bequeathed it to her nephews instead of her daughters when she died of a stroke.

The thing is that this was a woman of West Texas, who could still ride a horse into her 70's. She drove herself everywhere, ran the family ranch after her husband died, and never missed a step. I know the reaper comes for us all, but to see it go downhill the way it did just doesn't work for me. It wasn't supposed to happen like that.

Honorable mention: ******* ipod, ******* tulips that fall over in the vase, and pissed at the Mrs. so-called cleaning work. Oh and baby girl woke up at 1 and didn't sleep again until 2:30. I think she's getting sick again. And Young Man doesn't get the concept of Alone Time, which for me is 4 - 6 a.m. I don't ******* want company during those hours. Go back to bed.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wish the weekend wasn't so short.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm sorry to hear of this, but at least it was calm.
I don't recall if I posted this, but my great-aunt passed on last week - we weren't close by any means, I never visited her at her ranch (which, to be fair, is about 6 hours' drive from our own pile of rocks, which is another 4 hours from our house, and unless you have your own plane - which she did for a time - forget flying) or corresponded with her much at all. But I found out that after her house was leveled by the west Texas fires a few years back, she was never again the same. She more or less lost touch with reality, left the place alone and eventually bequeathed it to her nephews instead of her daughters when she died of a stroke.
The thing is that this was a woman of West Texas, who could still ride a horse into her 70's. She drove herself everywhere, ran the family ranch after her husband died, and never missed a step. I know the reaper comes for us all, but to see it go downhill the way it did just doesn't work for me. It wasn't supposed to happen like that.
Honorable mention: ******* ipod, ******* tulips that fall over in the vase, and pissed at the Mrs. so-called cleaning work. Oh and baby girl woke up at 1 and didn't sleep again until 2:30. I think she's getting sick again. And Young Man doesn't get the concept of Alone Time, which for me is 4 - 6 a.m. I don't ******* want company during those hours. Go back to bed.

I spoke to my grandmother on the phone yesterday. She's not doing well and is on the decline, I am afraid. It is so strange because it seems like it happens so fast. Just last year she was up and out and laughing, having dinner, and now totally different. Everytime my father calls me I get that scared feeling that it is the call. Horrible feeling.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my front porch has become hangout for GIANT mosquitos

Untitled-5.jpg

ef7e819d.jpg

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My brother came to town Thursday night to spend some time with the wife, LowerCaseG, and me. We've been planning this visit for months, and everyone was really excited. We've even been telling the LowerCaseG that his uncle will be here soon (though he doesn't have any clue what we're talking about).

We had a good time until, out of nowhere, my brother got sick Saturday afternoon. He was so sick yesterday he basically spent the day in his room, both because he wasn't feeling well and because he's afraid he get us all sick, too. Yesterday was the day we were supposed to all hang out as a family, and it was ruined. I have to work until 7-8:00 today, and he leaves tomorrow. I'm so disappointed, and I know he is, too.

My uncle passed away yesterday. It wasn't unexpected and he went calmly but after winning his first battle with cancer, it was rough to see him lose the second.
I feel for my cousins--one who is my age and another who is still in college :(

Condolences, glad to hear it was peaceful.

Man, T, that's a horrible story about your aunt. I'm sorry to hear it went down like that.

Re: the honorable mention, sorry to hear about the kiddo. I hope she fights it off (or at least doesn't share it).

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

my condolences thomas, sorry to hear the news. from all accounts she seems like she was an amazing woman. g-d bless.

YOU need to go back to bed. no one should be awake at those hours. ugh.

My brother came to town Thursday night to spend some time with the wife, LowerCaseG, and me. We've been planning this visit for months, and everyone was really excited. We've even been telling the LowerCaseG that his uncle will be here soon (though he doesn't have any clue what we're talking about).
We had a good time until, out of nowhere, my brother got sick Saturday afternoon. He was so sick yesterday he basically spent the day in his room, both because he wasn't feeling well and because he's afraid he get us all sick, too. Yesterday was the day we were supposed to all hang out as a family, and it was ruined. I have to work until 7-8:00 today, and he leaves tomorrow. I'm so disappointed, and I know he is, too.

that blows man. im sorry your visit got fuxxored up. :(

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nah, apparently he was straight. We found out before he went into the Marines, he just acted as stereotypically as Jack on Will and Grace. But I definitely think the personality change was a response to the homophobic tendencies of the service.
Do people still call him Peaches?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My brother came to town Thursday night to spend some time with the wife, LowerCaseG, and me.
I recall you posting a few days ago about how excited you were to have him visit. Sorry it didn't go as planned, and hope he's better today.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads