Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

didn't Poison have a grand master level lead guitarist too? fuck that band was weirdly filled with allstars, but also produced some horrible horrible music.

2. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

It's a crime to leave Elvin Jones and Ed Thigpen off of that list.

3. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Dude no college job is worth failing classes for. Just in terms of costs, retaking those classes and not getting your degree for an extra semester is worth way more than whatever tiny bit of extra value you'd get from really toughing it out at your job.

4. MrG

MrG Senior member

They had Blues Saraceno for a while, but it wasn't for long and he didn't record much.

I really hope that's who you're talking about, because their original/current guitarist is C.C. DeVille. C.C. is the one on their best-known stuff, and calling him a "master" is just...no.

The only other guitarist they've had was Richie Kotzen, who was the guitarist on the album of theirs I love, but he is neither a master nor generally associated with Poison.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

+1

6. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

My Tomtom can't find a signal for 2 hours, I'm guessing it's broken unless someone has any ideas. Now I actually have to interact with humans and ask directions, fuck this. :fu:

7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

what model is it? My tomtom has been acting up as well. I keep on forgetting to complain to customer service. it takes about 20min to find a signal.

what worked for me is constantly hard resetting it (by holding down the powerbutton for about 15 sec until it turns back on). but that doesn't even really make it work.

8. TimH

TimH Senior member

Politicians who continue to insult my minimal intelligence and think I don't notice!!

9. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

One of my employees contacted me about three months ago saying he was away for a family engagement for his shifts in late march and early april. Told him no biggie, just covering his sunday and tuesday shifts.
    One of my employees contacts me a month ago, saying he needs four saturdays in a row off. bit tough for me, but he only works one shift, so no biggie. Figured I'd just nut up and deal with it.
    One of my employees who works two shifts calls the assistant manager yesterday. I've explained to this employee before that if you need time off and its not a death in the family or medical emergency, we need AT LEAST two weeks notice. she tells him she needs someone to cover her shifts for the next week or two. Her reason? she went on a roadtrip. I was fucking fuming, because for me or the assistant manager to cover her shifts I either need to skip class, or he needs to call in very short notice at his other job and find time to repaint his old apartment before he moves out so he can keep his deposit.
    Then last night she apparently got into a motorcycle crash, and I feel like an asshole for getting pissed, even though I shouldn't be that soft. She's okay (ish). I wanted to either give her a last chance warning or fire her when she gets back. Not sure I can/should do that now, and I don't have anyone trained up to cover her shifts anyway.
    Now I'm working seven days a week, my assistant manager is working six, we're both carrying at least 10 hours (I'm working 60 hours total) of 2x overtime for the rest of the month, which puts the hurt on the boss, and I'm in the last three weeks of the semester. I'm functioning on three hours of sleep a night, the home scene is a nightmare because my father is in china so my mom is trying to get me to fix everything he hasn't, and I'm carrying 18 credits, 15 of which I need to pass to graduate.

TL;DR version: everything sucks.

10. patrickBOOTH

Politicians have no right to insult anybody's intelligence.

11. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

When I was googling Rikki Rokket I learned that Kotzen was kicked out of the band for fucking Mr. Rokket's fiancee.

12. patrickBOOTH

That's like when The Beatles broke up because John started fucking Yoko instead of Paul.

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

your ironies are noted and applauded. :worship:

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I'd heard rumors but didn't believe them because Paul died in, what, 1964 or so? Although I wouldn't rule out necrophilia from those way-too-sunny-bastards.

15. patrickBOOTH