Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Lawrence I'm jealous. Sportwagen is always on my shortlist of cool cars I would buy.

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

thanks! the car as turned me into a "hyper miler" though... "hyper miler" are those people who drive slower/seldom use foot brake (and utilize engine brake) to extend MPGs and are OCD about keeping all refuels/receipts/data on computer/iPhone apps to analyze MPGs per tank.

its the reason I kept on filling up until a full tank with the overpriced CT diesel - because partial fill ups distort the MPG data - any normal person would've realized that they can just drive onward to a cheaper station and just stopped after 2 gallons.

I love the car, but am pissed that its turned me into an OCD data keeper/analyzer & total pussy driver - 90% of the time.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

back from vacation. back at work. back to sf.

4. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

WTF. I wish I got even half of what you get in traffic.

5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

the only reason I got it was after a trip in europe where everyone (even families) had diesel hatchbacks (95% of the time were manual transmissions too). they even have 1.3 liter diesel engine versions of these cars that can get 60-70 miles per gallon.

the Euros seem to be well ahead of us Americuns in fuel efficient fully gas powered cars that are still very drive-able and car-like.

as an american I'm pissed off about that - the new mazda's look very very promising though.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Airplane ticket change fees.

They should only hit you with this if the original flight you were going to take was all booked and couldn't take anymore passengers!

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

the Euros seem to be well ahead of us Americuns in fuel efficient fully gas powered cars that are still very drive-able and car-like.
    as an american I'm pissed off about that - the new mazda's look very very promising though. [/quote]

Our armies are not as strong as yours and apart from Libya we're only allowed to invade petrol-free countries...

8. MrG

MrG Senior member

Yeah, I don't know why he does it, either. It's not common, but it happens every so often. I don't know if it's bad dreams or what, but it's not like his normal fussing.

:laugh:

I love that book. Have you heard the Samuel L. Jackson reading?

It did, though, for the most part, I wasn't as tired as I feared. He woke up last night, but it wasn't the middle of the night, and he settled pretty easily. Also, I played dead until MrsG got up to deal with him!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012

9. MrG

MrG Senior member

I'd heard of them because I picked up a Dylan live disc when I was like 15. It said "Bob Dylan and The Band." I just figured "The Band" was his backing band for that tour, and I didn't realize The Band was its own thing. It wasn't until I got a little older that I realized that this was two different artists working together, and I owned a pretty cool piece of pop culture history.

That said, it's strange to me that there are people who've just never heard of The Band. I can see not knowing their stuff, but it's surprising to me that there are people who haven't even heard the name. I'm not a huge fan, and I only know a handful of songs, but "The Night The Drove Old Dixie Down" is an awesome song.

10. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I can kill an entire pound of pasta no problem.

11. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I heard of them because I bought the DVD of The Last Waltz. I saw that there was some great musicians playing songs and such, but I didn't realize that they were just like appearing with The Band. Robbie Robertson has the worst stage presence. He is like watching a child on stage with a bunch of good musicians.

12. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

I'd heard of The Band casually and I recognize a few of their songs. I just find this general outpouring of love for the drummer a bit poseurish. I mean, I can name like 5 drummers from any band, and this includes bands I really enjoy. Futureman (because the Flecktones were my fave group for like 10 years and, well, his name is freaking "Futureman"), Ringo, I think Larry Mullen is the U2 drummer, Phil Collins (because he's Phil Collins), and the guy from the Conan O'Brien show. Max Weinberg, that's it.

Listening back to a few of their songs yesterday I guess I could hear that the drumming was pretty darned good but it seems like this happens every time some semi-obscure band that the self-appointed cognoscenti have determined is vastly underappreciated loses a member, and everyone pretends like they knew his name before they read the articles.

[/dumb rant]

Pissing me off: "Your call is important to me." WTF? Why does everyone insist on saying this in their voicemail now? Including my freaking wife?

13. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

^^ anyone who doesnt immediately think of john bonham as soon as the word drums are mentioned should be kicked in the penis. ^^

:( :( :)

yeah it sucks. my daughter pulled one from 5-6 this morning :fu:

14. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i have to go to the dentist today :censored:

15. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Injections are great there.