• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't feel like I am. Just have a Karhu and a sauna and everything will be better. ;)

I'm not Finnish or Swedish so I don't have sauna, but the beer sounds like a good idea. ;)

Damn. I was just taking wild guess based on your username. Since you're not Finnish though, there is no need to submit yourself to their ****** beer. Haha.

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I had written All of this on plane, but my iPhone decided that I should be erased, so here we go again, sorry for the long rant.

How can a day go from **** to good to **** you ask, well let me tell you. ....

..........The end.
Funny story, though I'm sure it wasn't as you were experiencing it.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm gonna write an app that untags any facebook photo that is either a blurry mess or where you are clearly not a subject or interesting party.
I'm gonna make millions.

valuable ideas aught not to be shared before completion. :teach: :devil:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I wish I was the instructor, I'd let everyone go. and no, can't leave early, there's only like 6 people in this class so It'd be very obvious

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In a friend's wedding.

I own two tuxedos. One great, one OK.

This is what I have to wear:

The Tux reservation is set up at Jos. Bank. You should be able to get your measurements at any Jos. Bank or otherwise at any suit or Tux rental place. You can choose to pick up and drop off at your local store or at the store in downtown ..............

The suit is:
jacket style: 812 - Republic
pant style: 888 - formal trousers
shirt style: 86W - white laydown collar
vest style: ABBL - joseph abboud black vest Tie style: BSAT - black bow tie Shoe style: BST - black square toe

FYI, there is supposed to be a significant (~$45) group discount from the list price for the standard tux.

So... I get to spend probably $200 to wear an ugly-ass, ill-fitting tux rather than wearing my own.

I have done a good job (and will continue to do a good job) of just S'ingTFU and being a good groomsman, but on here at least I can

:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

i had the same thing happen to me too.

but i was a little ***** about it and complained the entire time.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wish I was the instructor, I'd let everyone go. and no, can't leave early, there's only like 6 people in this class so It'd be very obvious

:( at least you can post in class.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I just vomited my dinner of linguine up. I should have seen it coming. There was about 2/3rds of a pound of dry pasta, so I just said ******* and made all of it. I hate having just a little bit left over. Then I used an entire jar of sauce, because I hate having a little bit of that left over too. So I had all this damn linguine, and I ate about half. I was going to put it away, but the tubberware was all disorganized and I couldn't find the matching lids, so I decided to eat some more of it and just throw the remaining pasta out. So I ate more of it, and then it got to the point where I was starting to feel like a ***** if I just threw out like an eighth of it, so I manned up and just finished it, which was a ******* horrible idea.

So to recap: I spent a lot of effort to not have dinner.

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* **** Vernon CT has some expensive assed diesel fuel.

I was putting in half a tank and don't usually care about per gallon pricing but looked up and saw that they were charging $4.79 (extra 10¢ for "credit card"). I wasn't pissed then, because I assumed that prices went up, but then saw the Hess here in williamsburg (NYC pricing) was charging $4.49/gal diesel and got pissed.

I googled gas prices in CT and saw it was same/higher than NYC pricing?! WTF why does CT charge so much for fuel? Are they trying to kill off gas stations in that state?

Granted my car only uses 3gallons for the 130 mile trip there - but I'm still pissed that I didn't have the patience to wait until I got to a cheaper place to refill.

Last edited:

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't even tell if I'm the asshole now.
I hate people. All.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

******* **** Vernon CT has some expensive assed diesel fuel.
I was putting in half a tank and don't usually care about per gallon pricing but looked up and saw that they were charging $4.79 (extra 10¢ for "credit card"). I wasn't pissed then, because I assumed that prices went up, but then saw the Hess here in williamsburg (NYC pricing) was charging $4.49/gal diesel and got pissed.
I googled gas prices in CT and saw it was same/higher than NYC pricing?! WTF why does CT charge so much for fuel? Are they trying to kill off gas stations in that state?
Granted my car only uses 3gallons for the 130 mile trip there - but I'm still pissed that I didn't have the patience to wait until I got to a cheaper place to refill.

What do you drive?

I get 16 miles to the gallon. I get raped every time I refuel.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you drive?
I get 16 miles to the gallon. I get raped every time I refuel.

VW Jetta Sportwagen TDi

6459811607_897cc28863_z.jpg

Its basically a golf with an extended rear and a diesel engine. I can get 42-48mpg on the highway and 30mpg with 95% NYC driving.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads