1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i know people who have dont that. maybe i DO know you. :)

i didnt know you were so tight with edina. :confused:

2. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i know that i complain on here about what idiots some people are at work, but i actually like my direct colleagues a lot (the people who work for the same boss as me). there is, however, one annoying thing that they all do that i have no time for.

whenever one of us, or someone who works for us, slights the other - no matter how big or small the offense - we have to have THE TALK about it. and give/receive FEEDBACK. it's fucking tiresome. i completely agree if we're talking about someone who keeps making the same mistake or did something that was drunk air traffic controller-bad, but not every little goddamn thing. today, i've had these FEEDBACK sessions to hear about -

how i should have notified the meeting organizer that i was bringing one of my people to a meeting ahead of time (the meeting was about her project and i need her there to actually answer questions and make the meeting productive. didn't realize i had to get a multiple entry visa to the conference room for my person)

how my assistant had a bit of an attitude when a colleague dropped by my office (said colleague had previously thrown my assistant under the bus because he was looking for me, tried to find my assistant to find me but couldn't find her, and proceeded to call the senior assistant implying that my assistant isn't available when she needs to be)

that one of my people mentioned a colleague's project in a meeting. apparently that means that my team is trying to take credit for something that we are not really leading

i swear, people just need to get over stuff that is not a big deal. i used to spend hours wasting time on this shit but now i've taken to brushing people off when they want to talk about petty bullshit. i love you guys and will do anything it takes to help you on the truly important stuff, but i am not going to get sucked into all this little garbage

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

HRoi, you may not like to hear this, but I noticed in your post that you used many terms that I use in my own posts, such as "colleague," "swear," and "multiple entry." I don't know, it just feels like you're trying to piggyback on my online reputation. I think we need to talk this through, not via PM, but right here in public view.

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

are we going to have a FEEDBACK session? :fu:

5. L'Incandescent

For the good of the forum, I can't see any way around it.

6. in stitches

as with most things, the best way around it, is to reach around.

7. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

I had to contact a government department today and make an appointment.

So i go into their office and they tell me they are too busy and give me a number to ring.

I ring and I am informed that at this time i can make an appointment to make an appointment. So they give me an appointment time in early November when they will call me to make the appointment.

So why can't I make an appointment today? "we're too busy, so I can only offer you an appointment time to make an appointment. ":brick:

I knew I should never have run away from the circus as a child.:decisions:

8. L'Incandescent

Stitchy, that sentence is gayer than anything I have ever written on this forum. You deserve an award of some sort.

9. in stitches

why thank you.

10. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Lawyers have no soul hence no soul to sneeze out of their body.

1 person likes this.
  11. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

No we definitely have souls. We'll be spending eternity in the 8th ring of the 8th circle of hell.

12. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

ugh. I've stopped inviting/informing a very close friend of mine who's also my mountain biking buddy because of his tardiness or not showing up at all. I don't want to confront him, and I'm not angry but I find it helps my sanity by just not having to deal with him. he could show up if he wants, or he could text me but I've stopped telling him to join me.

+++++++++++++

pissing me off: just got a quote for our kitchen. and its way over our budget. way over. fuck that. oh, and living in the tropics means I gotta get several airconditioner units, like every room in the house except the kitchen. :fu:

13. in stitches

acid - that blows, maybe try another contractor? also, you dont have central air?

14. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

we're looking for another kitchen contractor, and no we don't do central air here. this house building gig is a fucking money pit, thats for sure.

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

the cosmic travel gods have deigned to blow their load all over my face

16. L'Incandescent

Wait, is that good or bad?

17. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

admittedly, professor, we are in the pissed off thread.

BTW - been waiting for a context to call you professor. so thank you for that!

18. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

the load, did you spit or swallow?

(safe and fun travels, brah)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  19. L'Incandescent

Yeah, that's what threw me for a loop. Sort of like Magritte's "This is Not a Pipe."

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Ouch.

Instead of per room can you get two or three bigger units for "zone" cooling? That's what we have. The casa is divided into three zones and they each have their own AC and furnace.