1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. MrG

MrG Senior member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home

Thomas' description is the one I've heard. I've also heard the "heart stops" thing, but not in the context of it being the reason we say "bless you."

I do, too.

I assumed everyone does this, but maybe not.

2. otc

otc Senior member

The root of my question had more to do with who the eff doesn't just wear their seatbelt?

3. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

When I sneeze, I try to spray on as many people's faces as I can. My cheeks feel great as I shake my head from side to side and the force of the sneeze makes them flap about like a dog's with its head out the window.

Then I say "bless you" to all whom I've sprayed. It's the only polite thing to do, really.

3 people like this.
  4. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I don't think I've sneezed in the last several years. Perhaps I'm not able to sneeze anymore.

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've never seen my parents wear a seatbelt. They argue with me over it.

6. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

You are missing out. Try looking at the sun. (I mean not too long and too directly, of course.)

7. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Microsoft Word. It sucks.

1 person likes this.
  8. MrG

MrG Senior member

People who are looking for a parking spot on a downtown street where traffic was barely moving fast enough to make the needle on the speedometer move. I'm extremely diligent about wearing my seatbelt, but it was just dumb luck that a bunch of cops happened to be standing on the corner on the same evening I thought, "I'm not going to get into a terrible wreck doing 5 MPH while looking for a place to park, so I'll go ahead and take off my seatbelt so my shirt doesn't wrinkle right before I go out for the evening."

9. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

+1 to what thomas said as the root of the gesunteit thing. that is the explanation i heard as well in j00 circles.

when we first met up and you did that, i was kind of put off. by the 3rd time i had come to enjoy it.

10. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Is it weird that this kind of made me horny? :confused:

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Wait. Breaking a rib while sneezing is not that rare? :censored: All these years I sort of thought I was special for doing that.

12. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Don't worry, you're still a special flower to us.

2 people like this.
  13. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I've written a letter to Commissioner Bud Selig requesting that he void the result of the NLCS on the ground that the Giants' regular season victories were aided by Melky Cabrera. They shouldn't have even been in the playoffs because those wins should have been voided, like they do in college football. I need Selig to reply to me and to the nation by the time the game starts tonight, but he's been avoiding me. As the band Rush would say, by choosing not to decide, he is still deciding. (Hoping Selig is reading this so he will get on the ball.)

14. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

work was a little frustrating today, and for some reason I made a bunch of paper airplanes to chuck at my office wall while listening to a conference call. I'm still at the office but the cleaning crew is in here early and some guy blasted in, picked up all of the planes, and then gave me a weird look before departing.

15. otc

otc Senior member

Don't worry. 10 minutes ago, a woman from the cleaning crew blasted in to the bathroom while I was doing the thing we aren't supposed to talk about anymore in this thread (but it involves blasting).

16. MrG

MrG Senior member

One of my closest friends was supposed to come up with his family for my son's birthday party this weekend (they live about eight hours away). Problem is, this friend, despite being a really good guy, is one of the least reliable human beings I've ever met. That being the case, the missus and I have been trying to stay in touch and get updates over the weeks since he mentioned coming up in the hopes that we'd know ahead of time if plans fell through. It looked like he was actually going to make it happen, so we've tried to do stuff to accommodate them, but I found out a couple of days ago that their plans might change. He's supposed to be here tomorrow. I just got in touch with him to get a definitive answer as to whether we should expect them, and it turns out he still isn't certain they're coming.

What the hell? You're supposed to be on the road in like 12 hours. How is this not decided?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  17. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

A good excuse to cancel hasn't happened yet. Give it time. We've all got friends like this.

18. Fisher Shard

Fisher Shard Well-Known Member

I just cannot get my hair right, no matter what I do =(

Thing is I try to do it without the pomade or anything.

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Here's the thing: not everyone takes commitments the way we do. There is quite a bit of literature on the type of people like your friend, the type of people that are late for every meeting, etc. It basically percolates down to insecurity and/or a false sense of worth. So I guess you should cut him some slack but not count on him to be there.