• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitch, I was hoping she'd be better now. I hope you see improvement by morning. Best wishes to her.

me too. thanks for the good wishes JJ. you are a good man.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Care to summarize all of it? All I saw was your insole issue, which general orthos suck at, while DPMs spend years learning all about the lower extremities.

Sure! Anything if it might help, and maybe it will help Rambo, as well.

About 10 years ago, maybe a bit more, I started noticing that spending long amounts of time on my feet would lead to aching in my right foot/leg. I also noticed that my right shoes seemed to wear faster than the left, as if I was walking "harder" on that side. I didn't think much of it until I noticed a few years later that the arch in my foot had changed. I went to my GP, they took an X-ray, and didn't find anything wrong. I started using some OTC arch supports, and those helped considerably. Fast forward to about five years ago, I noticed that my arch seemed to have fallen more, and my right foot seemed to have sort of "smooshed" out some. The pain had also become worse and more constant, and I could feel it everywhere from my hip to my foot, though it varied. I went to another GP who couldn't see anything wrong, so I wasn't sure what to do.

I waited a year, probably a bit more, or and went back to the doctor again, this time an ortho. They took a series of X-rays of the whole foot/leg, did some examinations, and couldn't find anything wrong, so they sent me on my way.

I wasn't sure what to do after all of this, so I put off dealing with it further until about a year ago, when I got frustrated with it and went to another ortho. He did a much more complete workup than anyone had prior. He took X-rays of almost everything from the neck town - my back, hips, knee, foot, etc. He said everything appears strurcturally sound, including my foot, hips, knee, and back (e.g. no scoliosis). One thing of note with regard to my foot/ankle, which he observed when I stood up: I overpronate on my right foot, and my arch has clearly fallen, but it's only apparent when I'm standing. When I'm sitting, everything appears OK to the naked eye. He also did some simple reflex stuff and found that my reflexes are much more responsive on my lower body than elsewhere. He thought there might be some neurological problem, so I was sent for an MRI. When he reviewed it, he noted that he was looking for some type of narrowing in my spinal column that might be a problem (a better description escapes me at the moment), but there was no indication this is the case. He was also looking for any other issues, he mentioned tumors, for example, when he was showing me the MRI results, and he said everything looks good. He basically said "I just don't know, and I don't know how (or where) else to look. These arch supports will help your fallen arch, but the pain is probably going to get worse as you age."

So, that's where I stand currently. I tried to give as much detail as possible without getting too long; this is basically what I'd tell the next doctor I'd see.

my daughter is really not feeling well. cant keep a damn thing down, even her medicine. she is really miserable. :(

:(

Have you told her to try walking it off? Maybe run some dirt on it?

Seriously, though, I hope she feels better soon. Too long and you start to get into serious dehydration territory, and that's scary.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Have you told her to try walking it off? Maybe run some dirt on it?
Seriously, though, I hope she feels better soon. Too long and you start to get into serious dehydration territory, and that's scary.

lawl. i told her to shut up, im trying to watch TV. no not really.

thanks, we are having drink a lot of water, i just hope she is keeping enough of it down.

re: your foot. while that was a very interesting post, i hope someone can figure it out. "you will continue to have more pain," is not a happy prognosis.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Stitch, watch her closely. Kids and geezers, mang. The pukes and ***** can really decompensate them quickly and badly.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitch, watch her closely. Kids and geezers, mang. The pukes and ***** can really decompensate them quickly and badly.

thanks piob. my wife is on it.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How she doing now, Stitch?

well, she finally fell asleep about an hour and a half ago. hasnt vomited in over 2 and half. hopefully she sleeps through the night, and wakes up feeling ok.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope so, bro. I know what that worry is like. Better make up a batch of medicine for her.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

waiting for a package to arrive at the ups store i went next door to kill time at walmart. in my stupidity i bought a black eyes peas album. never again. just get the good songs from itunes.

b.e.p.? w.t.f.??

Just found out an old friend died over the weekend. Dude was larger than life in every way, I can't believe he's gone. ****.

my condolences. that must really be hard for you.

So this is happening
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j329/RamboWolf11/579cc936.jpg[/IMG[/SPOILER]][/QUOTE]

thats how this starts
[URL=http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/1473378/width/350/height/320][IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/1473378/width/350/height/320[/URL]

my daughter is really not feeling well. cant keep a damn thing down, even her medicine. she is really miserable. :(

kid of my very close friend here is going through the same thing, fwiw... they stayed in the hospital last night so they can keep an eye on him and hydrate him through an i.v. hope your girl feels better soon!

[
About 10 years ago, maybe a bit more, I started noticing that spending long amounts of time on my feet would lead to aching in my right foot/leg. I also noticed that my right shoes seemed to wear faster than the left, as if I was walking "harder" on that side. I didn't think much of it until I noticed a few years later that the arch in my foot had changed. I went to my GP, they took an X-ray, and didn't find anything wrong. I started using some OTC arch supports, and those helped considerably. Fast forward to about five years ago, I noticed that my arch seemed to have fallen more, and my right foot seemed to have sort of "smooshed" out some. The pain had also become worse and more constant, and I could feel it everywhere from my hip to my foot, though it varied. I went to another GP who couldn't see anything wrong, so I wasn't sure what to do.
I waited a year, probably a bit more, or and went back to the doctor again, this time an ortho. They took a series of X-rays of the whole foot/leg, did some examinations, and couldn't find anything wrong, so they sent me on my way.
I wasn't sure what to do after all of this, so I put off dealing with it further until about a year ago, when I got frustrated with it and went to another ortho. He did a much more complete workup than anyone had prior. He took X-rays of almost everything from the neck town - my back, hips, knee, foot, etc. He said everything appears strurcturally sound, including my foot, hips, knee, and back (e.g. no scoliosis). One thing of note with regard to my foot/ankle, which he observed when I stood up: I overpronate on my right foot, and my arch has clearly fallen, but it's only apparent when I'm standing. When I'm sitting, everything appears OK to the naked eye. He also did some simple reflex stuff and found that my reflexes are much more responsive on my lower body than elsewhere. He thought there might be some neurological problem, so I was sent for an MRI. When he reviewed it, he noted that he was looking for some type of narrowing in my spinal column that might be a problem (a better description escapes me at the moment), but there was no indication this is the case. He was also looking for any other issues, he mentioned tumors, for example, when he was showing me the MRI results, and he said everything looks good. He basically said "I just don't know, and I don't know how (or where) else to look. These arch supports will help your fallen arch, but the pain is probably going to get worse as you age."
So, that's where I stand currently. I tried to give as much detail as possible without getting too long; this is basically what I'd tell the next doctor I'd see.

not an expert at all, but you might wanna explore the possibility of a neuro to take a look at your mri's and x-rays and whatnots. there could be something there.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I'd definitely recommend you check out a podiatrist about that issue. Some questions you should keep in mind: Have you been checked out for plantar fasciitis? Where in your foot does it hurt? Does any one movement hurt more than another (e.g. hurts while running but not walking)? Do you feel pain elsewhere (ie: referred pain up your leg/back)? If you're off your foot does it stop hurting?
It sounds like you might need more custom orthotics to help with your overpronation and give arch support. Disclaimer: I'm not a DPM nor interested in it, but this guy has pretty accurate info: http://athenspodiatry.com/ . If your insurance covers it, etc, it may be worth checking out. Let me know what he says, I'm curious. I also have a friend who's a DPM but it's kinda hard to discuss feet online; I can ask his opinion though if you'd like.

On a side note: Your second ortho sounds like he was actually useful, which many aren't when it comes to feet (let's face it, feet are boring). Do you know if he did a special foot/ankle fellowship in ortho after his residency?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My dog appears to be hell bent on ruining my life.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

my best wishes. i hope for improvement and a good recovery.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads