Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

wow, im glad you are well and that he saved you buddy.

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

The human race in general and particular this mad son of a bitch who just killed 4 people just for being Jewish in Toulouse..

he also killed 3 Army recruits from North-African background a few days before...

God bless their souls and their families..

3. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Quel fils de pute

4. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

oui

5. otc

otc Senior member

I tell my doctor the truth...how else are they supposed to make proper diagnosis or recommendations if they don't know what's up? Judgement is one thing and not really ok, but actually catching things that could be an issue is why I am going there in the first place.

I just went to a new doctor...I didn't really have any good methodology besides scraping the internet (didn't get any glowing recommendations from anyone...or even ok recommendations that were covered by my insurance) but one thing I was told to look for is someone relatively age appropriate so that they won't be retiring until I probably have other types of doctors to see and might be switching to an old-folks doctor. Obviously other things could happen (either could relocate or insurance could stop covering it) but it made sense not to set myself up to lose the doc...and they'd have more recent training I suppose.

Absent other information, I ended up picking the guy who may not have had the greatest academic pedigree but who became chief resident during his residency at a big hospital...figured I would rather have someone who has proven himself in the eyes of his colleagues than someone with a pretty piece of paper (not that his school was bad)

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

some people suck at being people. :(

maskim

7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

My floor is being renovated at work. Everybody was excited because we got a new watercooler installed last Tuesday. Fast forward to this Tuesday, water cooler broken and a huge puddle on the ground.

:fu:

8. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I guess I'm lucky because I haven't ever had anything that needed to be diagnosed, just accidents and obvious wounds and such.

9. patrickBOOTH

Exactly. If I actually go to the doctor it is for something very obvious that they don't need to listen to my breathing, look up my nose and ask too many questions.

10. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

this is always how it goes. just got a new refrigerator because the last one was making lots of noise and the ice maker sucked. now the new fridge isn't making ice and the inside freezer door was broken upon delivery and they haven't fixed that yet either.

11. patrickBOOTH

Too true. I moved into a new construction condo last year and I was able to come up with a punch list of things I wanted done by the time I moved in one of which was a new refrigerator door, because it was ever so slightly dented. Move in day comes and I am the first one to get into the building and the door is still dented. Let's just say that my neighbor across the hall now has a slightly dented refrigerator door... :devil:

12. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Fuck. I've looked everywhere. I've managed to lose my golf clubs. Don't ask how you do that, because I don't know. It could have been during the move, or maybe I loaned them to someone and don't remember, or left them at a course? They may also have been stolen; our shed at our old house has not been locked up, but there was plenty of other fungible, easily-grabbed stuff (like a leaf blower) that is not missing and my clubs were not necessarily anything to write home about.

I did have a putter I liked, a wedge I liked, and my driver and 3-wood were decent clubs. The irons were meh but I've had them forever and they were perfectly adequate.

Now I have to go out and spend a fucking grand to replace them so I can play my 3 times a year.

Fuck me.

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

This is not the "things that make me happy" thread

14. patrickBOOTH

People who drag their feet when they walk. Especially girls in Ugg boots.

15. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

wait... why so much? I mean, unless you're good, the cheap starter clubs will do you just as much good as the top of the line expensive ones will.