1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

How those the indecisiveness of a friend of your wife annoy you?

2. otc

otc Senior member

See PB's comment...but also remembering to bring a razor to work is just as much work as remembering to shave before I leave.

3. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I heartly agree with that statement .

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

she is staying with us for a couple of days - so, for instance she is arranging a car to the airport, and she calls 6 different services, the difference is less than 10 bucks from the most expensive to the cheapest, but some include tolls and tip some don't, etc. so she is trying to figure out which way to go, that kind of thing. so it pisses me off cause I have to hear it, and it slows down my day.

5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Yeah, this would be very annoying. I know a few people like this.

6. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

I said bring to work, not bring to work and then take back home.

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

:embar:

I have been led to believe that Antwerp is a substandard city. But I am finding that it ranks right up there with the greatest cities of Europe, such as Paris, London, Rome, and Utrecht.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Come on..

9. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Exactly! I don't know what those detractors of Antwerp were talking about!

10. otc

otc Senior member

There were 2-3 auctions on ebay for something I wanted. The one that was finishing first was at $33 + 30 shipping and the later one was at $12.50 + 15 shipping...both had 4-5 bids already.

I figure the item is worth about $60+shipping but $30 is ridiculous shipping...since I will have a second chance, with a minute to go, I go ahead and bid $47 on the first auction and win it with a $38 bid. so $68 total

I checked this morning and the other auction never moved from $12.50...$28.50 total :fu:

11. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well it depends, how many inches we talking here in length and girth?

12. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Having fun already?

13. otc

otc Senior member

What I don't understand is why the guy who bid 37 against me...didn't go on to buy the $12.50 item a few hours later?

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

My advise to you is stop being cheap and trying to buy used dildos on ebay. You'll never get a-head

15. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

remember after you make a trade with someone you shake hands....

16. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Charity.

I don't know why, but all the charity stuff is hitting at the same time this year. My wife just ran an event, and I am an organizer for two upcoming events. September, October, then November, one event a month for three months, and I am out here flogging tickets to the same poor damned people for three events in three months. "Buy tickets to support this great cause!" Three times in three months.

And, the school just asked us to chair the annual giving campaign.

:fu:

Not that I mind giving back or whatever, but it just gets old flogging this stuff to people, and then of course it's an invitation for them to flog their causes back on us. And begging for ppl to buy tix thrice in a row makes me an annoying SOB.

17. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

I never figured there were people wasting their valuable time calling six different services in first place.
    Honestly how much of a steal do you expect to discover so it makes up for the time & money wasted to call so many of them?
    I feel for you man, women like that are a pain in the ass.
    Same goes for "Next week is your birthday, where do you want to go?" "I don't care, you decide"
    :fu: It's your birthday, I mean wtf, I feel alpha enough to decide 364 days a year.
    Remind me to go for an independant woman next time, really tired of those who only always follow.

18. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Same goes for "Next week is your birthday, where do you want to go?" "I don't care, you decide"
    :fu: It's your birthday, I mean wtf, I feel alpha enough to decide 364 days a year.
    Remind me to go for an independant woman next time, really tired of those who only always follow.[/quote]

For my wife's birthday,I ask her to pick up her own cards and the restaurant..

19. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Yeah, fine, you have got children, it's one of the rare evenings out, at least if you don't have a nanny or gramma and granpa around.
    You wouldn't believe how man indecisive chicks are running around, even at university, it's a shame and if I'd insist on them to decide where to go I'd spent more evenings home on the couch than anything else.

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

What is really annoying is you can't say "no" to the folks you just sold tix to. That's the biggest :fu: about fund raising. That and when you make an ask, the first question is always, "And what was your pledge." It better damn well be substantial or you're getting put out with the trash.