Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. otc

otc Senior member

I got a staph infection from what was probably an ingrown hair...turned out pretty nasty.

I'd put a warm compress on it for a while and see what happens..should help open it up. If you dig at it, make sure to use some alcohol to keep everything clean because I think the act of picking at it is usually what gets the staph bug inside of it in the first place.

If it gets worse though...and looks like it might be something like a staph infection, you should really get to a doctor so you can get on a course of antibiotics before it develops too far and fucks you up.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

This is so minor as to invite ridicule, but I'm on hold with a vendor and they're tormenting me with hold music from the 70's. Olivia Newton John is what I can recognize. And now I'm on with the third rep in a 13 minute-so-far phone call and I've had to provide the same verification details to each one. feh.

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I am the master of self-surgery. I have a very high tolerance for pain thanks to SF.

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Just remember not to pull root out, as the next hair will do it all over again.

Update: got through after 6 tries and went on hold 10 minutes, just to have some idiot tell me that there wasn't any problems with the site and they just very busy mmm.... right.

Just tried to do my taxes once again and it still doesn't work. :brick:

5. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Nope. I'm just a socially awkward asshole with weird obsessive interests.

Also, I'm disappointed you discovered the ruse so quickly.

6. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

isn't that the definition?????

7. patrickBOOTH

Technically no, but mild cases can do undiagnosed. A friend of mine and myself believe a really high percentage of people actually do have it. Anything somebody does in our lives that is strange we basic pin them as having aspergers.

8. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Aspies have trouble distinguishing facial cues indicating emotions, like boredom or pain. I identify them, then shift intentionally to a more boring subject because schadenfreude is one of the finest pleasures in life.

In all seriousness when I was younger it was one of the (5000 million) things they screened me for. Emphatically not an asspie.

9. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I feel cheated, never been screened for anything but scoliosis; that I did have, but is was pretty much fixed when I grew.

10. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

I was a pretty fucked up kid, which I put down more to parenting than any disorder. I had some pretty tough learning disabilities and was an extraordinarily violent child, though, and they caught them when I was young, at which point they tested me for everything except ectopic pregnancy, because thats apparently what school counselors do. ADHD, severe dysgraphia and dyslexia, and a bad hearing problem, but no issues with aspergers. I was just a nasty little shit.

11. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

my secretary fucked up, again, and it's going to cost me a week of my life. she sent my bosses passport to add pages to the passport agency, instead of using a company that expedites it, and without asking me. the passport isn't back, we are supposed to travel next week and we probably can't. there is nothing I can do about it. now, I can't really fill up my week next week with something useful, so I am screwed. we will have to do this trip some time in the future, and I don't have any time to schedule for it. fuck.

12. patrickBOOTH

I don't believe in ADD and ADHD. I think it is all bullshit.

13. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

I'd bet 80% of cases are. I know kids who really did have major issues though, and once they were medicated they were totally normal. Disorder or just a general personality trait, nature or nurture? I'm not qualified or inclined to comment, its like arguing about addictions. In either case I never took the meds, and I still don't think I was severe enough to justify it, and don't think most "cases" are.

14. patrickBOOTH

I think 80% of children just need a good foot in their ass.

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

tried that. not only does it not fit (HOLD STILL AND STOP SQUEALING SON!), but it didn't fix our problems anyway.

But, one of the things that gets covered in classes is to always try and use non-med interventions: exercise, diet, structure, visual cues. and then reach for the meds.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012