• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Immodium is the curse of God...
Helps you but you finish feeling like you have been fisted by a medieval knight..

I think you've been in england far too long

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ ugh. hate immodium. only slows down the inevitable and it does nothing to cure the diarrhea and will leave you feeling like you wanna dump a ton of bricks while its in your system.

Better than a red raw asshole from constantly ******** acid or how about if you are just about to get on a 10 hour plane flight? Taken correctly immodium is magic.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Immodium is the curse of God...
Helps you but you finish feeling like you have been fisted by a medieval knight..

Just follow the directions and don't take too much.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wish weekends were three days instead of two.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
son had a state chess tournement over the weekend and did badly, lost 5 won 2. he's playing at a pretty high level now, so it's to be expected, and he's at the youngest range of his rating level, but it was one of those weekends where he was really frustrated all the time. when we left, he cried in the car more than I think I've ever heard him cry, really powerfully, for about 5 minutes. things like that remind me that he's still just a 10 year old boy.

anyway, today he's back to normal and all is good, but I felt really badly for him over the weekend.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry Globe, that's rough. But as I'm sure you know, that's life, and the sooner he learns some of these hard lessons and how to power through them, the better a man he will be later. I know you're a little old-school in that regard, like me.

Pissing me off: People who use their Facebook pages as their little brag/self affirmation boards. **** me. Maybe I'm letting people who get under my skin annoy me unjustifiably, but here's an example from today:

This time tomorrow I'll be on a plane to Costa Rica. Proof that dreaming big pays off!

Um, no. It's just proof that you bought a plane ticket to Costa Rica.

Maybe I'm just being petty, but grumble grumble.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I keep missing out on good houses with good prices where I want to live. Ugh.

And I am really falling for this girl at work. I mean, sure she's the receptionist and engaged to a bit of a loser and we're just friends, really, I mean that's all it is. I mean, she's engaged.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I seem to have picked up this stomach bug that's going around. I'm running like a TCBY machine on a hot summer day (circa Douglas, 2012). I took some Immodium, then ate, and now I feel like I have a brick winding its way through my intestines.

Sorry to hear this. No fun at all. It's going around up here, too. The boy caught it a few weeks ago, but, thus far, I've been fortunate enough to avoid it.

^ ugh. hate immodium. only slows down the inevitable and it does nothing to cure the diarrhea and will leave you feeling like you wanna dump a ton of bricks while its in your system.

I'm partial to pink bismuth. It seems to help avoid some of the problems that occur with Immodium, and, IIRC, it actually kills some of the bacteria that can cause the runs.

son had a state chess tournement over the weekend and did badly, lost 5 won 2. he's playing at a pretty high level now, so it's to be expected, and he's at the youngest range of his rating level, but it was one of those weekends where he was really frustrated all the time. when we left, he cried in the car more than I think I've ever heard him cry, really powerfully, for about 5 minutes. things like that remind me that he's still just a 10 year old boy.
anyway, today he's back to normal and all is good, but I felt really badly for him over the weekend.

Sorry to hear this. It's these types of lessons I'm not looking forward to seeing my son learn, though I know they're some of the most important.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

And I am really falling for this girl at work. I mean, sure she's the receptionist and engaged to a bit of a loser and we're just friends, really, I mean that's all it is. I mean, she's engaged.

You're making this harder than it has to be.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't make the second round of interviews for the job I really wanted. I'm a little surprised, to be honest. I thought I matched really, really well, and I felt great about my interview. In fact, I felt better leaving that interview than I did after the one for the job I currently have.

I suppose it just wasn't right, or whatever, but I can't help but feel pretty deflated (and a little bruised in the ego department).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads