Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

QFT ugg

2. wurm

wurm Senior member

1 minor paper
    2 midterms
    1 major paper
    1 major project
    1 presentation

All due next week. All but the paper by Wednesday. Fun weekend ahead.

Did I also mention that my grandmother (and only biological grandparent that actually cared for me / knew who I was) died last Saturday and that after having driven to see her one last time I noticed on Sunday that my windshield (which was previously in pristine condition) had been cracked by a rock thrown up by a truck on my way down AND that on my way back home to Austin after the whole mess I got a call saying my spring break plans were cancelled? Best two weeks of my life.

3. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Fucking passwords I usually use a variation of one particular theme to keep them all in check but after an half dozen attempts i could not remember it and now I am locked out awaiting an eamil. :censored:

4. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

FFS.

I mean, its not like I got cited with anything, but I also didn't DO anything, so why the hell did you take (one of) my PBA card(s). I hate that town. I wish I didn't have to drive home through it but it would literally be a fifteen minute detour to do anything otherwise.

Gr.

5. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

I've been in a very similar situation. Its really rough. Try to get all your work done, if I can help proofread anything feel free to PM me.

6. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

I have 75 pages of solid writing finishing next week. plus my gf's bday was on my reading week so that ate up 3 days of work time. I hear you wurm

edit: damn, didn't even read your paragraph (just the workload). sorry about your grandmother dude. that's rough.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Sorry for your grandma...

Wait you're married with kids and overworked , you wil look at your student years with tears in your eyes.

8. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

I have a full on mutiny on my hands with a direct in another office. I haven't been to visit in two weeks and it feels like it's a shambles. I try to defend his actions but he seems adamant to present budget numbers that keep his staff reductions at zero and impact mine to 6 reductions (options I offered were 1 or 4 for me, and 2 for him)

I regret sending an angry e-mail at him last night when he screwed up my formulae for budgeting because it's still showing the budget prior to reductions since he's only typing in what he wants in Excel. I ring the bloke up to discuss and he has no discussion points and seem congenial and then sends an e-mail response back in Excel an hour later. There are now 4 columns next to the Excel (Why Reduce? Why not Reduce rebuttal? Why Reduce rebuttal? Why not reduce rebuttal to rebuttal). You could always just talk to me - especially when I say, "Okay I'm going down for a coffee for a half hour yeah, if you're going to scream, scream now before I go."

9. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

does a smartphone even make you smarter? i refuse to use one...

10. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

I used to have an incredibly good memory for (mainly useless) facts/trivia. Now I have wikipedia, constantly, which means I maintain the exact same level of apparent intelligence without doing any reading. Not that it matters, because everyone just figured I was looking up wiki on m old phone, even though i couldnt..

11. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Does riding in a limo even make you richer? I refuse to use one

12. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Riding in limos has made me more of a limey. I really should refuse to use them, but alas.

13. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

I really want to bawl a friend out for constantly putting me in awkward situations. I can't do it, and it's very frustrating.

14. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

You don't have to bawl him out, just a "fuck man stop doing that shit OK?"

15. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Quote:

He's a very subdued but argumentative guy. He also is incapable of conceiving of his own wrongdoing, so in addition to being a two hour long argument it would definitely end the friendship. I'll have to figure something else out.