• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+1 to shaving in the shower. I bought one of those cheap anti-fog mirrors, and it has been more than serviceable. That said, I can't do the razors with tons of blades. I have one with two, but much more than that is uncomfortable to me.

Unless the bacteria, viruses, fungi, or parasites causing the pneumonia is in the butt end of the device and being transported to the lungs via the water vapour.

True, but that has nothing to do with the steam. The same could be said of anything one might inhale, including regular old air.

Last edited:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I won't even lie, I've never shaved with anything other than an electric shaver except once. I completely don't understand how shaving with a blade is supposed to work. I just ended up with much pain in my visage, plus a bunch of hair that had been there before I began shaving.

Damn electric shavers are ******* useless. Just get a Mach 5 and watch some douche on the internet shaving I'm sure there are millions of vids, takes about a tenth of the time as an electric shaver.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in a rush again. its my fault for waking up late. i need to break the late to bed late to rise routine.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1 to shaving in the shower. I bought one of those cheap anti-fog mirrors, and it has been more than serviceable. That said, I can't do the razors with tons of blades. I have one with two, but much more than that is uncomfortable to me.
True, but that has nothing to do with the steam. The same could be said of anything one might inhale, including regular old air.

I have a fogless mirror don't use it any more, My face is the same every morning so I guess I know where everything is :) I started out as a teenager with a Double Edged Saftey razor, transitioned to the multi-blades as they went from 2 to 3 to 5 and for me it was a step up in ease of use and speed especially each time.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Damn electric shavers are ******* useless. Just get a Mach 5 and watch some douche on the internet shaving I'm sure there are millions of vids, takes about a tenth of the time as an electric shaver.

I see people shaving on the Internet all the time, but it never occurred to me that I could learn lessons from them. :embar:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No way, stick with it. Just quit that pesky job.

Don't listen IS stick with the job and staying up late, then get fired it is much more depressing.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I see people shaving on the Internet all the time, but it never occurred to me that I could learn lessons from them. :embar:

Not ****** shaving videos ya idiot.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have a fogless mirror don't use it any more, My face is the same every morning so I guess I know where everything is :) I started out as a teenager with a Double Edged Saftey razor, transitioned to the multi-blades as they went from 2 to 3 to 5 and for me it was a step up in ease of use and speed especially each time.

:laugh:

Yeah, but I have a mental block about it. Running an uber sharp blade all over my face just seems like something that needs watching. I've been tempted to try it, because the mirror isn't exactly an attractive addition to my shower, but I can't bring myself to do it.

I think my issue with the razors with a lot of blades is the fact that, for the most part, my beard isn't very thick, so tons of blades actually shaves too close. I'll get a great shave on day one, but the next day is the problem. My beard is just thick enough that it needs to be shaved again to look clean, but it was cut so short the day before that shaving again causes a lot of irritation. With the two blades, I can get baby-butt smooth in two passes, but I still grow enough by the next morning to make shaving tolerable.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I use a beard and moustache electric shaver for my "goods" if you know what I mean. ;)

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads