Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I'd expect much better than this from the Ritz. This is disappointing to hear. Good luck with getting your suit back.

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Steam is water vapor.

3. MrG

MrG Senior member

Well, in that case, inhaling steam doesn't cause pneumonia.

:teach:

4. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

no, but it may be responsible for the unusual irritation of my throat. the opening to my eustacian (sp) tube is swollen, painful, and I can only assume infected.

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I know some people here enjoy shaving, and buy all sorts of balms and brushes and blades and whatnot in order to enhance the experience. I, on the other hand, mightily resent having to shave. I didn't shave all weekend, so I had to shave this morning and it took me a long time. The whole time I was shaving, I was thinking of all the ways I could have used the time better. Pissed me off.

6. patrickBOOTH

I used to go crazy with that badger blade stuff. I recently switched to Lush's Prince shaving cream. Makes the process much easier and my face feels much better afterwards. The whole notion that anything old is better is kind of bullshit to some degree about shaving products. The only thing I swear by is a double edged safety razor.

7. MrG

MrG Senior member

That could be the case. I have no idea what other problems those things could cause, but I'm confident that inhaling the steam from them is not going to cause pneumonia.

Right there with you, L'Incandescent. I hate shaving, though it has inspired me to seek out ways to make the process less painful. I switched to a brush and better cream not because I enjoy the process, but because it makes the process more bearable. Speaking of which, I'm just about out of cream, so I may look into the stuff pB mentioned. How much does it run, pB?

8. patrickBOOTH

It's like $25 for a pretty big jar of it. It took me a little while to get used to it because it doesn't lather at all no matter how hard you try. It is just a really rich heavy cream and it is loaded with everything that is amazing for skin and all natural. I was skeptical and kind of into the whole old timey thing, but now I am a convert. http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/face/shaving-creams/prince-triple-orange-blossom

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  9. MrG

MrG Senior member

Interesting. Thanks! I may give it a go. That's about what I pay for the stuff I'm using now, and, given there's no place in my little town to get any decent shaving product, I'm going to have to order whatever I get, anyway. I might as well try something that comes highly recommended.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  10. patrickBOOTH

If you get it and after giving it a try a few times you don't like it, I'll buy it off of you so no harm no foul!

11. MrG

MrG Senior member

:fistbump:

I'll have to give it a try, then!

12. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Get a mach 5 and shave in the shower. Shaving without a mirror takes a bit of getting used to but once you do it is much faster.

13. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I won't even lie, I've never shaved with anything other than an electric shaver except once. I completely don't understand how shaving with a blade is supposed to work. I just ended up with much pain in my visage, plus a bunch of hair that had been there before I began shaving.

14. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Unless the bacteria, viruses, fungi, or parasites causing the pneumonia is in the butt end of the device and being transported to the lungs via the water vapour.

15. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Re: Shaving - Years ago I was turned on to the men's care products at Aveda and loved it. Then they "reformulated" the line and made it much more expensive. I've since switched to the Nutrogena stuff you can find at Target and my skin feels as good as it ever has. I've had problems with razor burn for ages and the Nutrogena stuff has produced the best results.